Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Positivity

Fantastic Member

Thank you' guys for getting into the spirit of the thread. Lovely to hear what everyone likes. Readi g nothing but folk praising what they like. No debates, no arguments' just 'comments.' A breath of fresh air. Personally, I'm loving 'The Terrifics' at the moment. Just so out there. The switch to a new creative team was seamless. Brilliant. Synder' s storytelling on 'Justice League' is really epic and I'm just so loving it.

Big love to the DC Universe originals, Titans was a relatively solid ride (like a cool B+), Doom Patrol was an emotionally rich absurd journey, and Young Justice: Outsiders (on top of being great overall) single handedly Black Lightning one of my favorite characters. Aquaman was such a blast to watch that I had to buy it.

In terms of comics, Naomi is a breath of fresh air and Jamal Campbell is definitely one of my must-watch artist from here on out. We have Adam Glass and Bernard Chang absolutely killing it on Teen Titans right now and I really love their new additions. Oh, and you can't forget Christopher Priest's Deathstroke run which, I believe, is probably going to go down as a seminal masterwork for Priest. I'm a little disappointed with John Stewart's limited showcasing in Justice League due to just how much is going on in the title (wait don't kick me out yet!) but I do love absolutely Snyder's run and I really dig the UV/Human Power Ring angle Snyder added to John; also, I loved the way he wrote Old Man John and have hope that's the direction he's steering John to. I'm excited Bryan Hill is on Outsiders with two of my favorite characters, I love Cyberforce and I really dug his Wildstorm: Michael Cray maxi. Justice League Odyssey looks promising, I've been dipping in and out, but I'm waiting till something really big happens before I jump in on that. The Flash, The Terrifics (sole survivor of the NAoH), Red Hood Outlaw (& the Outlaws) are all such great titles and I'm sure there are probably a couple more I'm probably forgetting. Is DC knocking it out with everything? No. Is it "better" than Marvel right now? Not necessarily. However they are putting out a ton of pretty great comics!
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Venditti's Hawkman and Tynion IV's JLD are frickin-A!

And Humphries Harley Quinn is underappreciated y'all.

Astonishing Member

scooby doo team up

I love it!

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    In terms of comics, Naomi is a breath of fresh air and Jamal Campbell is definitely one of my must-watch artist from here on out.
    I really enjoy Naomi! It's nice to see a brand new character launch with a new title and be relatively successful. I also think it's cool that it's another DC book trying out the seasonal format. Campbell's art is amazing and I'm also really looking forward to his book with NK Jemisen, Far Sector.

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

DCEU is on a three-film winning streak.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

Quote Originally Posted by vartox View Post
    I really enjoy Naomi! It's nice to see a brand new character launch with a new title and be relatively successful. I also think it's cool that it's another DC book trying out the seasonal format. Campbell's art is amazing and I'm also really looking forward to his book with NK Jemisen, Far Sector.
    oh, my brother i can not describe how excited I am for that book! Definitely a pre-order, it's my first must-cop book. I also love the seasonal format for Naomi, I think it's the best way to release these "riskier" books instead of throwing out series and cancelling them.
    Last edited by lemonpeace; 06-08-2019 at 05:06 PM.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Really, there's a lot of great stuff out there right now as far as I'm concerned.

Deathstroke and Flash are both books I trade wait (and have fallen behind on) but I did grab the floppies for Flash's Year One and enjoyed them.

I haven't enjoyed the Superman titles this much since Morrison's early Action issues. Never thought that Bendis would be such a clean fit, and even though I don't care for everything he's doing it's still the best Clark has been in ages, the art is stellar and Event Leviathan is looking killer.

Young Justice has been solid, Naomi has been one of the best books on the stands (I planned to trade wait but had to grab the singles after issue 5).

Snyder's JL is exactly what I want out of that book; crazy huge mind-bending crap hitting the fan. And its got some of the best art from any publisher.

Harley's title is a lot of fun, I'm really digging the current storyline. Fell behind last winter with most of my pull list and havent read everything I missed with her title yet but I'm having fun with where she' at now.

The Terrifics is like the best book everyone forgets about (myself included) but when an issue shows up in my pull I'm always excited for it. Really great stuff.

Doomsday Clock only comes out once every decade or so but it is, legit, the best stuff Johns has ever done.

I havent had time to sit down and read any of them yet but my wife is loving the new Sandman stuff. She's a huge Gaiman fan and loved the original, and as far as she's concerned the new books are worthy successors.

I'm sure there's others I'm forgetting about. But for all the books that I'm not happy with there's a lot I'm really digging.
    Last edited by Ascended; 06-08-2019 at 05:59 PM.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Boisterously Confused

Looking back. Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, The Flash, and The Green Lantern are what the entire genre was built from.

Every single thing cool about superhero comics came from DC.

Quote Originally Posted by vartox View Post
    Between Green Lantern and Hawkman two of my favorite characters both have excellent books right now! It's wonderful. TGL feels like the book I've been waiting for since I started reading comics.

Astonishing Member CellarDweller's Avatar

after not collecting comics for a long time, I'm very happy with the ones I've decided to collect.

I've really enjoyed the art and stories currently being told in Young Justice, Naomi, and Wonder Twins.

Quote Originally Posted by CellarDweller View Post
    after not collecting comics for a long time, I'm very happy with the ones I've decided to collect.

I've really enjoyed the art and stories currently being told in Young Justice, Naomi, and Wonder Twins.
    I really wanted to get in on Wonder Twins but couldn't justify adding it to the budget. Definitely interested in the trade as soon as it hits though. How's it been?
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    I really wanted to get in on Wonder Twins but couldn't justify adding it to the budget. Definitely interested in the trade as soon as it hits though. How's it been?
    It's been Wonder-ful. Mark Russell is such a gift.

Astonishing Member CellarDweller's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BatmanJones View Post
    It's been Wonder-ful. Mark Russell is such a gift.
    I second what BatmanJones has said. The issues have had very funny moments, touching moments, is really well written, and had great art. I'm really hoping for a second mini-series, or that they pop up in another book.

Rafael Albuquerque's variant covers for Detective Comics during James Tynion IV's Rebirth run from #934-981 were outstanding. I love his art. Covers aside, I really enjoyed that run as well. I grew up on Chuck Dixon ROBIN in the 90s, so it was nice to see all the Tim and Steph stuff.
    Last edited by kevink31593; 06-08-2019 at 09:06 PM.
    Post CBR reboot join date: May 2014, Pre CBR reboot join date: April 2005
    Official DC message boards join date (as Batman Fan 31593): April 2000