Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    Devil's Reign: X-Men #2 variant by Javier Garron

Oh i love this variant so much
    Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer

Scott doesn't trust her anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by BESTXMAN View Post
    Scott doesn't trust her anymore.
    Thats probably a good thing. I don't think Scott can trust his own judgement these days. The character used to be in my top 5 he's now written so badly hes dropped down into the 20s

I suppose as long as he doesn't develop Beast level of butthurt its not the worst case scenario

I remember when Marvel tried to character assassinate him and it backfired. Who knew the way curb all the momentum he built was to get Duggan to write him as a poor mans Steve Rogers
    Last edited by ExodusCloak; 01-27-2022 at 08:55 PM.

For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Patsy doesn't derserve this but I'll take it if it puts to rest that stupid idea.

I actually think Emma marrying Iron Man could be good for the character. But I also don't see it lasting.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

Quote Originally Posted by NewMutant View Post
    I actually think Emma marrying Iron Man could be good for the character. But I also don't see it lasting.
    I am all for doing a marriege for power story, but with anyone but Tony. I can't really stand him, and currently he doesn't have the best of standings so it doesn't even make much sense stratigically.

Doom or something like that would be better story.

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Thats probably a good thing. I don't think Scott can trust his own judgement these days. The character used to be in my top 5 he's now written so badly hes dropped down into the 20s

I suppose as long as he doesn't develop Beast level of butthurt its not the worst case scenario

I remember when Marvel tried to character assassinate him and it backfired. Who knew the way curb all the momentum he built was to get Duggan to write him as a poor mans Steve Rogers
    It was killed way before that, they had Hopeless and Bunn destroy any semblance of competence or agency in any store he appeared in, then there was the prelude to the new era where the adult version couldn't save anybody and they all blamed him for it. If anything Duggan has written the best Scott since Stupid Wars outside of his appearances in Champions - low bar, I know, but still...

What's funny is that Emma is basically the same person she was post Morrison, just that her limiters are off as to what she is willing to do. A consequence of having to deal with actual villains in their own element, something she didn't have to deal with since she was one herself. Even in Utopia when dealing with villains on the same team the fact that everyone answered to someone who wished he could be heroic kept them out of their element.

Basically, Emma is in as dangerous a situation as any frontline hero, except that those people can actually blast their enemies rather than being forced to smile at them.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Spectacular Member

So, I finally caught up with the newest batch of comics and I gotta say, I wasn't expecting the box thing being resolved in Marauders Annual. Wasn't even expecting Emma to appear there as I thought it was only going to be the new team, but it ended up being kind of a "passing the torch" kind of story.
    If anything, I thought the content of the box would be revealed in Devil's Reign, now that I know that ain't the case I kinda expect the X-Men part in the event to be kind of predictable (that girl probably is alive and well, and Emma & Elektra probably just made a fool out of Fisk).

Also, beautiful variant covers, specially the Women's history month one. Considering that Frost already has two variant covers all for herself in the very first 2 issues of Immortal, I think we can scratch the worries about how big her role will be in the book.

I'd love to be celebrating with the rest of you and consider the Emmy/Tomma idea officially discarded, but.... a wedding ring didn't stop Emma before, did it?
    In all seriousness, that preview page showing Emma and Tony together was released before the Krakoa era was stablished, thankfully she's been busy in this era and was "already taken", narratively speaking, by the X-Office.