Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Catseye appreciation

Any fans??

you would have been better off making a Hellions thread

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

who?????????

Ultimate Member

I liked the potential of the character. She not only could turn into a cat-girl, but also had some unusual abilities, such as the ability to walk up walls and across ceilings in cat-form, and perhaps some improved stealth / camouflage (I was less clear on that).

I also liked that she was the flipside of Rahne, a wolf-shifter who was all caught up in her human issues (Catholic guilt, 'am I a demon' stuff), while Catseye had apparently spent years living as a cat, only becoming aware later that she could become a cat-girl, or even a girl, and so having to learn how to be a girl again (or at all?) from the ground up. Her and Rahne would have made incredible friends, each helping the other to embrace the side of their life that they'd missed out on (or were actively shunning).

And then there's the mystery potential. Who were her parents? Did they abandon her? Did she eat them? When did she first mutate? It doesn't seem like she was one of those who first 'comes out' at puberty, so she might have been like Beast or Nightcrawler or Madrox, and been an obvious mutant from birth. And that's assuming that she was ever a *human* mutant... What if she really was a cat, who had the mutant power to become a girl? Later, Marvel started exploring the idea of non-human mutants, or mutants with additional unusual heritages, including possibly Northstar and Aurora, definitely Pixie, that Atlantean mutant kid, some versions of Nightcrawler and Wolverine, Psylocke's original British body, etc. Was Catseye somehow related to the 'demon cat-people' who are tied up in Tigra's backstory, and if that's the case, she could be even more of a contrast with Rahne, who'se all devout and tied to a higher power, while Catseye might have ties to powers from a more southerly incline...

Along with Tarot predicting that her and Sam Guthrie would be lovers (yeah, that never happened), and some flirty chat between Roulette and 'Berto, and, of course, Amara and Empath's mutual attraction, it really seemed like Claremont had big plans for those first Hellions, and their future interactions with the New Mutants, and then, nothing, only to be dragged out of mothballs and killed off to further the schemes of Trevor Fitzroy, a character so utterly forgettable that he deserves a sarcastic 'who???'

BANNED

The best Hellion along with Tarot and Thunderbird II. Love her.

That's what makes it fun! Ricochet Rita's Avatar

Sure!!! :-) My favorite Hellion!

Aw, yeah. Wolfsbane and Catseye were such a neat study in contrasts. It's a shame they didn't get more time together.

(picture by Reverie-drawingly on Deviant Art)

I always liked Catseye and Sharon's interesting way if speaking. I also like the walking on the ceilings thing!

I love Catseye!! Love that she was the original Lying Cat.

I have always loved Sharon (and the Hellions in general). I particularly loved her being superintelligent. I still dont know if the Hellions remain around once resurrected by Selene or if they were consumed by her later on....
    Primum vivere deindre philosophare

I liked all the Hellions, but Catseye was easily my favorite. Mostly for the reasons others have said in regards to her to her dynamic with Wolfsbane. I also found her origin to be interesting. I really wanted the Hellions to remain alive after Necrosha, but Catseye especially.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    who?????????
    I'm glad you posted it. I was literally thinking this as soon as i saw the thread and before i even clicked i was like would it be wrong if i asked who. Thanks.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Incredible Member

I've always had a soft-spot for Catseye's speach pattern. It's cute and playful and I feel Chris Claremont is the very few who can write it.

Catseye, Beef, Jetstream, Roulette, Empath, Tarot, Bevatron, the hellions got it worse than the acolytes.

That's what makes it fun! Ricochet Rita's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JarOfFlies1 View Post
    I also found her origin to be interesting.
    What an awesome mini series could have been if only someone in Marvel would have thought about it!

Quote Originally Posted by 244 View Post
    I've always had a soft-spot for Catseye's speach pattern. It's cute and playful and I feel Chris Claremont is the very few who can write it.
    My sisters and I still repeat many of her quotes, because they are so funny ^ ^

I think of all claremontian speach patterns this is the most well made and the least annoying. Yes?