Page 1 of 105 123451151101 ... LastLast

Default Susan Storm: Invisible Woman Appreciation 2018

First I discover that Wasp didn't have one, and now I discovered that Ms. Storm doesn't have an appreciation thread!? Well here we are! To one of the first blonde bombshell heroines of the Marvel Universe, the Invisible Woman!

Even though the world's greatest comic Fantastic Four is sadly ending, our love for Sue will never end!

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Project Initiative Cascada View Post
    First I discover that Wasp didn't have one, and now I discovered that Ms. Storm doesn't have an appreciation thread!? Well here we are! To one of the first blonde bombshell heroines of the Marvel Universe, the Invisible Woman!

Even though the world's greatest comic Fantastic Four is sadly ending, our love for Sue will never end!
    Ugggghhh......Without a Doubt Project Initiative Cascada, how did we NOT have a Thread to Appreciate one of the 1st ladies of Marvel and the Lady of the 1st Family of Marvel, can't believe we missed celebrating her as well up to this Point!

*EPIC CJ FACEPALM MOMENT!*

With that said, Thanks Allot of Honoring one of the 1st Ladies of Marvel Project Initiative Cascad, Indeed this is going to be a Great Thread to show our Respect and Liking for Susan Richards Indeed!

"By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    Ugggghhh......Without a Doubt Project Initiative Cascada, how did we NOT have a Thread to Appreciate one of the 1st ladies of Marvel and the Lady of the 1st Family of Marvel, can't believe we missed celebrating her as well up to this Point!

With that said, Thanks Allot of Honoring one of the 1st Ladies of Marvel Project Initiative Cascad, Indeed this is going to be a Great Thread to show our Respect and Liking for Susan Richards Indeed!

Thanks for posting CJ my friend! That's a gorgeous work of artwork you have there.

And are you serious that she is really the very first female Marvel super hero? (I thought there were others before her) Crazy! Yet even throughout all the decades, Susan still remains fabulous! She has always been one of my all time favorite characters. I am glad we share such great similar taste in our favorite Marvel heroes!

Best Invisible Woman Ever!
    sue.jpg
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Project Initiative Cascada View Post
    Thanks for posting CJ my friend! That's a gorgeous work of artwork you have there.

And are you serious that she is really the very first female Marvel super hero? (I thought there were others before her) Crazy! Yet even throughout all the decades, Susan still remains fabulous! She has always been one of my all time favorite characters. I am glad we share such great similar taste in our favorite Marvel heroes!
    Sure Susan was not the 1st lady of Marvel, but was one of the 1st ladies of the Most Important ages in comics, especially for Marvel, The Silver Age! So, in many ways, the path the Susan and the FF started layed the foundation of what Marvel would go onto and became today Indeed!

Just like X-Men, Spider-Man and Avengers did at that time as well!

Whenever I read any FF stories or watch them on TV Susan was always represented well and really was the Motherly and Womenly Heart of the team! Loved her allot and was and still is a Very Lovely Lady that represents Female Heroes Well Indeed!

Also, Indeed I really like that Image I posted, one of the Best Artworks of her on the Net!

Completely Love the Older Silver Age Kirby Era Artwork of FF and Susan, the Ideal of what Silver Age Art was about was in FF and it shows greatly here indeed!
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

BANNED

Susan "Sue" Storm aka Invisible Woman

Another Fantastic appreciation thread...there can never be enough!

And I'll forgive the lack of attention paid to the fact that her full name is Susan Storm RICHARDS, and has been since 1965. Sorry, a pet peeve of this Fantastic... ;-P

"Yes, I can do that!" - Ivan Lawrence Blieden

"The true is inimitable, the false untransformable." - Robert Bresson

"The boundaries which divide life from death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?" - Edgar Allan Poe

"Those who believe need no explanation." - Dionysos, The Bacchae by Euripides

Marvel Future Fight: InimitableMaven, Alliance: Fates Law / Yahtzee With Buddies: TheInimitableMaven

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Fantastic View Post

And I'll forgive the lack of attention paid to the fact that her last name is RICHARDS, with Storm being her middle since 1965. Sorry, a pet peeve of this Fantastic... ;-P

Richards became Sue's last name because he married Reed, right?

I like Sue moment at Fantastic Four #549, written by Dwayne McDuffie and drawn by Paul Pelletier.

I think her ability to be invisible and creating force fields is terrifying. She even made Deadpool's head explode!

Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    Richards became Sue's last name because he married Reed, right?
    Yeah. But I tend to refer her as Sue Storm-Richards. Too often when superheroine have boyfriend/husband, she is known as "the love interest of so-and-so".
    Last edited by Kencana; 07-28-2014 at 09:38 PM.

I love Sue, she's always been one of my favourite marvel characters. She's so awesome!, so glad she has her own appreciation thread now!

tumblr_maz5ma8mNl1r89a2ho1_1280.jpg
    Last edited by WonderBoy; 07-29-2014 at 02:01 AM.

BANNED

One of my top 5 favorite Marvel characters.

This:

is part of my small collection of statues/busts.

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Fantastic View Post

And I'll forgive the lack of attention paid to the fact that her full name is Susan Storm RICHARDS, and has been since 1965. Sorry, a pet peeve of this Fantastic... ;-P

Thank you for coming to this thread Miss Fantastic! It's great to see more FF supporters. And so sorry for the omission of Reed's name. I keep forgetting that she took his last name.

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Love the artwork on this image.

Sure Susan was not the 1st lady of Marvel, but was one of the 1st ladies of the Most Important ages in comics, especially for Marvel, The Silver Age! So, in many ways, the path the Susan and the FF started layed the foundation of what Marvel would go onto and became today Indeed!

Just like X-Men, Spider-Man and Avengers did at that time as well!

Whenever I read any FF stories or watch them on TV Susan was always represented well and really was the Motherly and Womenly Heart of the team! Loved her allot and was and still is a Very Lovely Lady that represents Female Heroes Well Indeed!

Also, Indeed I really like that Image I posted, one of the Best Artworks of her on the Net!

Completely Love the Older Silver Age Kirby Era Artwork of FF and Susan, the Ideal of what Silver Age Art was about was in FF and it shows greatly here indeed!
    I agree. Maybe with the exception of the films, Susan has always been portrayed well in the media outside of the comics. Susan is a great standout in almost everything she's in!

And I too love the Silver Age artwork (However dated it may be). That really was the prime definition of the FF and its prime!

Has her and Wanda ever interacted that you know of?

Extraordinary Member

I was interested to learn that in Stan Lee's original pitch, Sue was an actress, and more importantly, "she can not become visible again." He called her "The Invisible Girl" because she was supposed to be like H.G. Wells' Invisible Man, who made himself permanently invisible. She would have had to wear a mask to hide her invisibility in normal life, and to become completely invisible, she'd have had to take off all her clothes - and right there is why it was changed. Lee's plot includes a note to Jack Kirby telling him to call him if he can't do this without making it look "too sexy," and if not, they'll have to come up with something else. And so they did. I doubt the Comics Code would have sat still for someone who has to get naked to be a super hero.

But you can see how that original concept was different from the way Sue turned out. First of all, her power would have been a curse, maybe even more than Ben's - an actress, someone who depends on other people seeing her and on her good looks, cursed never to be seen again. And even though invisibility alone seems like kind of a lame power, Wells' Invisible Man was actually incredibly powerful and scary because no one can fight what they can't see.

Has anyone done a storyline where Sue can't become visible again for a while? It seems like such a natural.