Page 934 of 1010 FirstFirst ... 434834884924930931932933934935936937938944984 ... LastLast
Results 13,996 to 14,010 of 15150

Quote Originally Posted by Rise View Post
    My favourite artist has become a fan of my favourite character!! I'm officially exicited!!

Jason Fabok:
    @JasonFabok
    I can assure you that we understand the character. This story converted me into a Jason Todd fan. We are going to give him a great story worthy of the character. Dont worry
    Thanks, Rise! I'm a lot more excited now!

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by JasonTodd428 View Post
    Honestly I don't see a problem with that, Dark. Plenty of people have become fans of his character because of UTRH and you can't tell me that wasn't also a story that was born of a stunt to boost its sales.
    so true and who cares why they like something the more the merrier
    I was in a freak accident there were freaks everywhere Dan vs

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    Not a good sign.

Lobdell has done more than enough to flesh out Jason for Johns to come and pull a "Uh, uh. this is how really happened"
    well thats how comicbooks work thank goodness otherwise the next person who writes jason badly will get to decide who he is forever and this will happen again he will be written badly at some point
    but luckily no one gets the last word
    I was in a freak accident there were freaks everywhere Dan vs

BANNED

I can understand apprehension towards Johns. He has a habit of retconning and rewriting to suit his vision and his vision alone.

Jaspn is however the only reason I'm even interested in this project.
    For one thing Johns is nowhere near Alan Moore level so him trying to write Watchmen and Killing Joke sequels just feels so wrong. Moore was right about Johns raiding his closet. The man is just riding someone elses coattails.
    I'm burnt out on Joker period. Too much going on with him at once as we speak. I think DC itself doesn't even know who or what he is. One second he's a virus, next second he's actually 3 people and then he's a reformed and sane politician and in the future he'll be a talking head and then the sun. The hell is all this? The character is a trainwreck at this point. Even King's idiotic shenanigans with Bane are inherently more appealing than Joker now.

Johns is not a good Batman writer so his obsession with altering the mythos is bemusing. At the end of the day I dont want the writers of Batman, Batgirl and Red Hood to be beholden to Johns.

Extraordinary Member

Sounds like Johns is the one who is responsible for Jason appearing in Titans.

https://www.cbr.com/nycc-geoff-johns...-three-jokers/

Extraordinary Member

I actually liked most of Johns stuff that I have read sofar, so I'm not more concerened about this then with every other appearance of Jason in a big Batman story line.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Writing and direction taste regardless, I can understand the concern because so far Jason has been established as moving on from the Joker, he's been working with the family, he has friends, he's a lot healthier mentally and emotionally, so if this story's purpose is to bring him back to Under The Red Hood, reexamining them, or defining that he's the one who heal wrong, it will undo all that healthy progression.

However, I also think that road is already taken. Jason is now going solo, right after The Three Jokers story was announced. That doesn't look like a coincidence to me. Lobdell on his own writes a Jason who moves on, but he also a writer who will follow editorial direction. So it looks like this solo run is prepping him to lead to that point.

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    I actually liked most of Johns stuff that I have read sofar, so I'm not more concerened about this then with every other appearance of Jason in a big Batman story line.
    Same for me. I really enjoy most of Geoff Johns' works so him writing a Joker/Batman story with Jason and Barbara is really exciting. I'm honestly more worried for Jason's characterization under Tom King when he shows up in the Batman book after what's happened with Bruce/Selina/Dick for the past couple of issues more than I'll ever be of Johns regressing Jason to ridiculous lengths.

Extraordinary Member

I'm actually wondering if he is going to explore were Jason was during TKJ. At least in the original comics, TKJ is is happening shortly before DITF, But Jason doesn't appear in TKJ nor do these events of TKJ play a big role in DITF (it is just briefly mentioned).

Jason is getting a new costume in the three jokers and it was confirmed that he is one of the main characters alongside Bruce and Babs in the this story.

Anyone upest about the loss of hair and the helmet in the current arc, don't worry because he is apparently getting them back after the one year skip.
    I really like this look, and wouldn’t mind at all if it sticks around after the one year skip. Either way, I’m just glad Jason has a major role in this.
    #MagnetoWasRight

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Writing and direction taste regardless, I can understand the concern because so far Jason has been established as moving on from the Joker, he's been working with the family, he has friends, he's a lot healthier mentally and emotionally, so if this story's purpose is to bring him back to Under The Red Hood, reexamining them, or defining that he's the one who heal wrong, it will undo all that healthy progression.

However, I also think that road is already taken. Jason is now going solo, right after The Three Jokers story was announced. That doesn't look like a coincidence to me. Lobdell on his own writes a Jason who moves on, but he also a writer who will follow editorial direction. So it looks like this solo run is prepping him to lead to that point.
    Lobdell never really wrote Jason as moving on from the joker as evident of him having Jason saying that he keep dreaming about what he did every night in the "who is Artemis" arc. He actually just not dealing with it.

Johns has the chance to something that was never done before, have Bruce and Jason talk about it. It still affect both of them deeply, but they never opened up to each others about what happened.

I'm actually digging Jason's look for the 3 Jokers book.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Lobdell never really wrote Jason as moving on from the joker as evident of him having Jason saying that he keep dreaming about what he did every night in the "who is Artemis" arc. He actually just not dealing with it.

Johns has the chance to something that was never done before, have Bruce and Jason talk about it. It still affect both of them deeply, but they never opened up to each others about what happened.
    No I meant he's not actively seeking to kill Joker or anyone. It's not his focus. Of course he's not forgetting it, that's not something you can forget but he doesn't chase after Joker like Bruce doesn't chase after Joe Chill.

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    No I meant he's not actively seeking to kill Joker or anyone. It's not his focus. Of course he's not forgetting it, that's not something you can forget but he doesn't chase after Joker like Bruce doesn't chase after Joe Chill.
    That's true but regarding your last comment on undoing his healing progress, Lobdell did go to say that being in the presence of his friends masked a lot of his issues. It's possible that he hasn't truly healed after all and is only now forced to deal with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    Sounds like Johns is the one who is responsible for Jason appearing in Titans.

https://www.cbr.com/nycc-geoff-johns...-three-jokers/
    Nice! Not sure how both Titans Jason and Three Jokers Jason will turn out but the interest in the character is appreciated.