Page 179 of 865 FirstFirst ... 79129169175176177178179180181182183189229279679 ... LastLast
Results 2,671 to 2,685 of 12974

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoveryReader View Post
    Two Argentinian comics I've heard about but have never read are Parque Chas and Mort Cinder.
    Can you tell me anything about these and whether they are worth trying to track down?
    Mort Cinder is definitely worth to track down! but i'm not sure if there is any english edition.

first 42 pages
    http://www.fibra.hr/preview/MortPreview.pdf
    Last edited by maeda; 10-07-2014 at 11:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by deltasun View Post
    Thanks for the links! Did you end up ordering it?
    Well, bit of a long winded explanation here.

As of now I haven't ordered it yet. Partly, because it's release snuck up on me. Originally, I only saw it available through CGN with a 10/28 release date. Now I see it's out this week and with a 20% discount instead of the original 30% they had promoted. A bit pricey once shipping is added. I just happened to check IST a minute ago and now they have it listed as available. Both sites state they're limited to 425 copies. I think I'll bite the bullet on this one and order in the next 24 hours and toss in something like Leaving Megalopolis to get free shipping.

Were you hoping to get some feedback from someone else who has it (me)? I would gladly do so, but you'd probably have to wait a 7-10 days.

Latest addition to my collection.

I know nothing about Ultimate Marvel, would like to collect one series in HC, been thinking about X-Men - Ultimates Omnibus is just too expensive - would you guys recommend?

Recently I've seen good prices for Aaron's Wolverine Omnibus on Ebay but only for US, delivery for UK was too big, like 30-40 quid. But cheap-comics has it for 35 euros.Just saying....

Quote Originally Posted by danmar85 View Post
    Well, bit of a long winded explanation here.

As of now I haven't ordered it yet. Partly, because it's release snuck up on me. Originally, I only saw it available through CGN with a 10/28 release date. Now I see it's out this week and with a 20% discount instead of the original 30% they had promoted. A bit pricey once shipping is added. I just happened to check IST a minute ago and now they have it listed as available. Both sites state they're limited to 425 copies. I think I'll bite the bullet on this one and order in the next 24 hours and toss in something like Leaving Megalopolis to get free shipping.

Were you hoping to get some feedback from someone else who has it (me)? I would gladly do so, but you'd probably have to wait a 7-10 days.
    Thought the feedback you received from those links were good enough for me and will probably order from IST along with a few items from my wish list. So yeah, thanks again.

Hope someone chimes in on the Ripley's Believe it or Not one. Sounds interesting as well.

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lvizzz View Post

I know nothing about Ultimate Marvel, would like to collect one series in HC, been thinking about X-Men - Ultimates Omnibus is just too expensive - would you guys recommend?

Recently I've seen good prices for Aaron's Wolverine Omnibus on Ebay but only for US, delivery for UK was too big, like 30-40 quid. But cheap-comics has it for 35 euros.Just saying....
    I say get the Ultimate Spider-Man omnibus, it's pretty damn awesome
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Quote Originally Posted by deltasun View Post
    Thought the feedback you received from those links were good enough for me and will probably order from IST along with a few items from my wish list. So yeah, thanks again.
    Glad I could help.

Really? I just have a felling I'm too old for Spider-Man.

Spectacular Member Commissioner Gordon's Avatar

Ulitmate Spider-Man is fantastic, but keep in mind that Marvel released the Ultimates 1 & 2 in OHC as well. They're much cheaper than the omnibus.

Of course it was only a matter of time (and finding a reasonably priced used copy) until I caved. And so the deluxe version of "Asterix and the Picts" arrived today.

First of all here is a size comparison with the recent oversized HC editions and then the regular albums, which are the same size as the ones in the UK/US, I think:

At first I was a bit disappointed. Despite being about an inch taller than the "ultimate edition" HCs, the actual artwork is not. There is just a wider margin.

However, the initial disappointment passed as soon as I had a look at the "extras" (in inverted commas because they far surpass everything I've seen so far). The edition is 128 pages overall, out of which 44 pages comprise the actual album.

But then there is a 33 page dossier about the book that includes everything from the first phone call Ferri received through character development to the different stages of production like pencilling, inking, colouring. This is fleshed out by boatloads of sketches by Ferri and Conrad, but also by Uderzo (who was heavily involved in the character designs). There are even sketches by Manu Larcenet, a close friend of Ferri's:

On the left are sketches by Ferri, while on the right there are some by Larcenet

Some more extras, this time on character designs.

Sketches by Conrad and Uderzo

The colouring process

But the most stunning additional material are the pencils. And there are not just a few pages of them - the whole (!!!) album is included. So on top of everything else it's an Artist's Edition as well:

Last edited by LordJulius; 10-08-2014 at 05:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by LordJulius View Post
    Some more extras, this time on character designs.

Sketches by Conrad and Uderzo

The colouring process

But the most stunning additional material are the pencils. And there are not just a few pages of them - the whole (!!!) album is included. So on top of everything else it's an Artist's Edition as well:

Damn LordJulius: This book was not planned!
    New score: Bookshelf 1 - Bank account 0 (Danke! Bitte!) :-)
    Reading: Batman by Morrison, Death note, Inhumans, Sleeper
    The plural of Omnibus is Omniboo

Quote Originally Posted by Spirou View Post
    Damn LordJulius: This book was not planned!
    New score: Bookshelf 1 - Bank account 0 (Danke! Bitte!) :-)
    Glad to be of service!

Last time I checked the Ultimates OHC vol 1-2 were each pretty affordable. In fact, I sold my omnibus copy a year ago and got them and had money left over to buy more books!

Amazing Member Black Iron Tarkus's Avatar

Man, I haven't posted in a while, but really don't have much to show for it:

Also started collecting L&R (Why didn't I read it sooner? Absolutely loving it!), and picked up a few cheap DC trades at my LCS:

Spectacular Member

What do you all think are the chances of getting a nicer release of Afterlife with Archie than the Trade? I'm buying it in Floppies, but I'm unsure if I want to buy the trade or wait and hope for a Hardcover.