Page 100 of 346 FirstFirst ... 509096979899100101102103104110150200 ... LastLast
Results 1,486 to 1,500 of 5178

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    It looks like Wonder Woman has a weakness. I won't spoil the comic but anyone who is reading DC this week knows what I mean
    Yeah, it's called DC Comics.

It looks like Wonder Woman has a weakness. I won't spoil the comic but anyone who is reading DC this week knows what I mean
    I know what you're taking about and if that wasn't the biggest crock of shite.

Slight spoiler: if you hate when the Lasso of Truth's power is nerfed or misinterpreted, avoid the new DC vs. Vampires.

I've said this in other threads, but it bears repeating:
    If your story would completely unravel because Wonder Woman a) remembers to use her Lasso, and b) the Lasso works like it's supposed to...it might not be a good story and should be reconsidered.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

I just read it. Seems like its in line with DCs events. WW is always on the wrong side of things while Batman gets to shine shine shine.

Well, I guess Tynion (Tynion is writing this, right?) lost some WW brownie points.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, I guess Tynion (Tynion is writing this, right?) lost some WW brownie points.
    Tynion and Rosenberg continue to show Superman and Batman writers/fans are the great enemies of Wonder Woman.
    Last edited by Gaius; 12-28-2021 at 10:57 AM.

I mean, it's a dumb idea. But thanks to him there's still hope of us getting an animated Justice League Dark movie adapting The Witching Hour.

So he still deserves some WW brownie points.

It does make me wonder though, what would a Wonder Woman run by James Tynion IV be like since we've seen his best and worst.

There is so much about this that pisses me off.

Just as a start, they had Vampire Hal effectively no-sell the Lasso of Truth. A weapon that can and has defended Diana and others from mind control and possession, and they had him literally go: "lol no, I'mma hypnotize you anyway."
    This should go up there with Bizarro breaking it in Wagner's Trinity in disrespecting the Lasso.

The fact they had to have Hal explain it kind of proves the contrivance. They knew this isn't how the Lasso works, so they had him spout some garbage about how "the truth left you vulnerable to my power."
    It reminds me of the Nazi-Steve bit from Injustice where he had to explain that he technically didn't actually lie, Diana just didn't ask him the right question.

Nope, wrong. Flag on the play. That loophole doesn't hold water.

I think the most exhausting about this is it's just another example of writers having no interest in giving Diana a relevant part of their stupid story, so they brush her out of the way in the cheapest way possible. The Lasso could've easily been handy in helping the League figure out who they can trust...if only Batman opened his goddamn mouth and warned her.

Or, say she was ambushed and turned into a vampire, and the Lasso helped her retain her free will. Now Wonder Woman is trying to help her allies while also resisting her growing bloodlust. Now there's a ticking clock element as she's slowly corrupted or growing weaker from not drinking blood. If all the vamps are linked, maybe she can offer insight that would help the heroes.

But that would take attention away from Bat-Poochie and friends. And that's all this is. Yet another tired, hackneyed "street level billionaires have to fight the easily corrupted idiot gods" diatribe.
    I mean it's right in the text. Vampire Hal outright says Diana's Lasso, like his ring, is a crutch...therefore implying she's too reliant on her powers.
    ...like Batman & Green Arrow don't rely entirely on their gear.

Why even bother calling this comic DC vs. Vampires? It's BATMAN vs. Vampires.
    Tynion's stock has definitely plummeted in my book.

Id not really be that interested in a Witching Hour movie honestly. I mean sure it was a story where Diana was a focus, but in all honesty it reads like a weaker retread of 'War of the Gods' which would be much more thrilling to see an adaption of.

Soon as I saw that I came here for the fireworks
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

He wrote the overall plot but the specific issue by issue beats are Rosenberg’s. Tynion is the one who likely had WW getting turned, but Rosenberg is the one who wrote the “how” of it, that’s my understanding of this partnership anyway.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

AND ANOTHER THING...because I'm still stewing about this....

How the hell did Hal know that would even work?
    For arguments sake, let's say this loophole with the Lasso flies...what that implies is Vampire Hal (or whoever is controlling him) understands the Lasso's power and how it works better than Diana herself.

I'm saying it: this was a burial on par with DCeased's one-punch death. They did Diana dirty here.
    And we still got nine more issues of this crap.

Last edited by Guy_McNichts; 12-28-2021 at 03:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy Mittens View Post
    Id not really be that interested in a Witching Hour movie honestly. I mean sure it was a story where Diana was a focus, but in all honesty it reads like a weaker retread of 'War of the Gods' which would be much more thrilling to see an adaption of.
    I don't think DC will ever adapt War of the Gods. It's too complex. The Witching Hour directly ties into Wonderverse lore in a way that can be simplified. It's also attached to a brand DC believes in "Justice League Dark".

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    I mean, it's a dumb idea. But thanks to him there's still hope of us getting an animated Justice League Dark movie adapting The Witching Hour.

So he still deserves some WW brownie points.

It does make me wonder though, what would a Wonder Woman run by James Tynion IV be like since we've seen his best and worst.
    Justice League dark is not that good of a book as far as WW content goes any. And i'm not giving him a pass for making her useless in this other book.

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Yeah, it's called DC Comics.
    Disdain cruelty Wondy Bias. Known as DC WB is her biggest weakness.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy Mittens View Post
    I don't imagine if it were adapted it'd follow the story 100% since even when they were adapting specific stories they changed or added their own things.

A combination of the Witching Hour/War of Gods could work as an animated film.
    Last edited by Gaius; 12-28-2021 at 04:37 PM.