48 27.59%
  • Okay

35 20.11%
  • Not so good

33 18.97%
  • Terrible

22 12.64%
Page 8 of 29 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

It was okay. That's about it. Some good, some bad, some meh. Not terrible, but not all that good.

I liked it, I thought it was a pretty good movie that sends summer out on a high note.

Astonishing Member

This is a review I agree with whole heartedly.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/toddkenr.../#1d09136dbb4b

Spider Sense is Tingling Dangerous's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Wtf in the trailer is shows croc fighting some people in a office building and it atleast shows Digger with the boomerangs like hes about to go to work with them. Either they cut those or they are out of context? Ugh im seeing it tonight but no deathstroke easter egg and Croc and Digger have no real fight scenes wtf. Deadshot better do some crazy **** if croc and digger do nothing.
    There's a few group 'action scenes' were the whole team have at the dumb CGI army baddies, during these sections they do fast cuts between each member so I think you see a few shots of each guy do something, the problem is the cuts are fast and it's always kinda dark so you can't really see much.

What I meant was, an actual solo scene were one guy shows off his/her specific skills for longer than like 10 seconds.
    Anyway I'll be interested to read your review.

I think it's best if you go into the film expecting/treating it like a B-movie, instead of expecting something great like Nolan.
    The first 30 minutes are good though, up until that point I was thinking the critics may have gotten it wrong.

Mighty Member

I felt that Viola Davis's version of Amanda Waller was more intimidating than that annoying one that was killed off (hooray! ) on Arrow.

Quote Originally Posted by tabo61 View Post
    I felt that Viola Davis's version of Amanda Waller was more intimidating than that annoying one that was killed off (hooray! ) on Arrow.
    Aw yeah, I got goosebumps. That was THE WALL!
    Superhero shows are trash

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by tabo61 View Post
    Totally agree. Amanda Waller on Arrow was just super weak and lame. Plus she was kinda annoying. Viola Davis certainly did a fantastic job, she killed it in the role.

Ultimate Member

Will Smith, Margot Robbie, Viola Davis, and Jay Hernandez were definitely the highlights I thought.

On the flip-side, Katana is completely wasted and could have been cut (no pun intended) out of this film completely. Ditto on Slipnot (WOW WB, you couldn't have made that any more obvious beforehand if you tried).

Joker didn't really add much to the movie either really.

The Man Without Fear. Batman#22's Avatar

I just finished seeing it. It was a tough choice to make but I voted for "okay". It was good, not great. To me it was a little disappointing. I tried to decide which movie I liked more this year SS or BVS. I personally went with the latter and here's why...

The acting was pretty good, but it wasn't much to brag about. I really like Harley Quinn's performance. Will Smith made a good Deadshot and as for Jared Leto's Joker, I was a little disappointed. All I interpreted was Leto as a Heath Ledger wannabe. He sounded exactly like Heath and the fact that he wasn't even a big threat in the movie sucked big time. Although it was kind of nice to see less serial killer Joker in exchange for his "Clown Prince of Crime" kingpin role was a good change of pace. I liked Diaplo and I thought Boomerang had a crappy accent.

As for Enchantress, I thought she was pretty two dimensional. Although I liked her DR. Jeckel and Mr. Hyde persona, I didn't care for her typical "destroy the world" motive.

I give the film 3.5 stars out of 5.
    I plan on dying tonight!!!
    (Punches himself in the nose and cause bleeding)
    ... how about you?

BANNED

Not absolutely horrible, but definitely a little below average for me. Enjoyed the recent animated film much more. I wasn't very hyped for this to begin with so I'm not "disappointed" per se.

Social Injustice Warrior lolgaxe's Avatar

It was okay, but not good enough to make going to the theater a worthwhile experience. Margot was the best in the movie, which is understandable since Harley has been getting ridiculous push for almost a decade now, and Will was second which also made them the only characters that had any real chemistry, and I'd argue it was more because they've been acting in a lot of movies together so they're accustomed to each other. Leto's Joker was unconvincing as either a psychopath or a maniacal genius but probably because most of his scenes were cut which just makes the tattoos even worse. The rest of the characters were just kind of there. A decent line and gag or two but overall could have probably just put a potted plant on screen and dubbed the lines for them and got the same effect. Editing and the alleged "make the movie funnier reshoots" certainly didn't help, making it disjointed and pretty obvious where the new scenes were inserted.

It's understandable to outright dislike the movie if you paid to see it in a theater, but since my ticket was free it was a little less painful to watch. Still had to sit in a theater and being hungry and thirsty since there was no way I was going to overpay for snacks. Probably best to wait until it's on like HBO and DVR it so you can sit on the couch and be able to pause and watch at your leisure.

I just came home from seeing the film, and I had a great time.

The performances were all good to excellent, especially Smith and Robbie stole every scene they were in. From the trailers, I was a bit worried about Harley's protrayal in this, but Robbie ended up knocking it out the ballpark.
    Even the characters with less screentime, like Katana and Killer Croc ended up having some nice small character bits.

My main point of criticism would be the rather messy way the set-up and characters are introduced in the beginning. Considering there are some minor roster shuffles before the team is sent on its first mission, this could have been handled better. Suddenly, Slipknot is just sorta there, and then >poof!< he's gone again.

I can see the similarities to GotG, and I don't doubt it took a lot of cues from that movie. But I still thought the angle of having a team of villains to stop worse villains is pretty fresh for superhero movies. As far as the jokes go, most of them landed. I felt for the emotional arcs of the main characters, and I thought the effects were stunning. Though perhaps not quite original in concept or motivation, Enchantress and her brother made for a chilling pair of villainous deities. The resolution of the threat was perhaps a bit of an ass-pull (twice!), but I was enjoying myself too much to care.

Deffo re-watchable and would love to add it to my DVD collection. I'm not a DC reader, but I'm familiar with some of the characters.
    Take my dreams, childish and weak at the seams
    Please don't analyze, please just be there for me

I was disappointed but do acknowledge some highlights.

Robbie was delightful for the most part. Some of her one-liners felt forced, though.

Katana was cool -- could have used more of her.

Deadshot was okay. A bit too cliche.

Joker was kind of...forgettable. I guess Nicholson and Ledger spoiled us. I may change my mind through a re-watch regarding Leto, especially since he was never supposed to be the primary antagonist of the film.

Overall plot was horrible, for the same reasons mentioned in other posts.

I will say that this flick introduced me to characters with whom I was not familiar, being primarily a Marvel reader, so I'm glad I saw it. Should have waited for the DVD.
    Original join date: sometime in 2002

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    Will Smith, Margot Robbie, Viola Davis, and Jay Hernandez were definitely the highlights I thought.

On the flip-side, Katana is completely wasted and could have been cut (no pun intended) out of this film completely. Ditto on Slipnot (WOW WB, you couldn't have made that any more obvious beforehand if you tried).

Joker didn't really add much to the movie either really.
    Did you read Ostrander's run by any chance? Slipknot's quick and funny death was ripped right from the pages and made me happy lol

Quote Originally Posted by hulahulk View Post
    I was disappointed but do acknowledge some highlights.

Robbie was delightful for the most part. Some of her one-liners felt forced, though.

Katana was cool -- could have used more of her.

Deadshot was okay. A bit too cliche.

Joker was kind of...forgettable. I guess Nicholson and Ledger spoiled us. I may change my mind through a re-watch regarding Leto, especially since he was never supposed to be the primary antagonist of the film.

Overall plot was horrible, for the same reasons mentioned in other posts.

I will say that this flick introduced me to characters with whom I was not familiar, being primarily a Marvel reader, so I'm glad I saw it. Should have waited for the DVD.
    You should read some of Ostrander's stuff to get a feel for the real characters. Deadshot's characterization was really off in the movie. The comic can be really dated at times though and takes a while to get it's legs, but it's a slow burn with good character arcs.