Page 166 of 283 FirstFirst ... 66116156162163164165166167168169170176216266 ... LastLast
Results 2,476 to 2,490 of 4237

Thread: Wandavision

Quote Originally Posted by FFJamie94 View Post
    The greater problem here is that none of the MCU characters ever have to face the consequences of their actions.
    You can get away with this for the first phrase, but one of the disappointments I had with Civil War was that they touched on this, and then they went 'Oh wait! It was all this one guy!'
    That's the main problem with comics and comic movies: they need to preserve their IPs for cash. Even though heroes do something not in line with their long established virtues/heroic history, in the end they get *get out of consequences jail free* card just to snuggle feelings of their fans and grab money.

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    I didn't understand it honestly I was way too high to process it on an intellectual level the whole thing left me confused in the end.
    LOL thanks for the laffs

I was high just by watching that scene alone.

Quote Originally Posted by useridgoeshere View Post
    I was worried for a moment that whiteVision would be convinced to self-destruct so I'm glad they didn't go that cliched. "Must destroy Vision but I am Vision. Must destroy self." BOOM!
    Me too! Nice twist.

Bettany blew me with coldness of the white Vision and humanity breathed in when he awakens.
    Last edited by zvrk; 03-05-2021 at 11:15 AM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    That's been true of most of comics though too. Marvel is good at making heroes bad. Bringing them back from that is another thing. And MU citizens have always been fodder.
    They need to address these things more in the comics and in the movies. Or maybe not always have heroes do bad stuff?

Quote Originally Posted by Vegeta View Post
    My sentiments exactly, it was ok, but it really played out in the most obvious direction one would expect. I was hoping for some clever twists or surprise.

So who was Jimmy Woo's missing witness? Ralph maybe? Did I miss something?

I feel like Agatha wasn't really given much motivation other than standard "bad guy wants all the powers."

spoilers:
    I am glad one of the 2 Visions survived, and that Bettany will have a chance to reappear in future projects. I also REALLY liked that they solved their battle not with a big energy blast but with a meeting of the mind and coming to an understanding.

"Thanks for the lesson. But I don’t need you to tell me who I am”. Yes, Wanda is so beyond Agatha now, there is no need for this mentorship. Although she did survive as a prisoner so Wanda can always come to her for information like cop questioning a perp.

Wanda reading the Darkhold looks like future trouble, I was hoping there would be some redemption for her character, but it looks like she WAS behind all the townsfolk torture. Apparently, "Dottie" (Sarah) couldn't even see her daughter who was locked in her room??? That's sooo messed up!

I don't care about Skrulls. Sorry, I just don't. And MCU Skrulls just look like "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" demons. I found it a completely underwhelming mid credit scene. Monica working with Fury seems pretty obvious and not worth a set up.

The ending with Vision saying goodbye [B]was[/B incredibly ] touching though. I admit it, I cried. So they delivered on that front. That coupled with Bettany's delivery of "love persevering" in the previous episode really cemented Vision as the MVP of the series imo.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Wanda is not physically reading the Darkhold. Her astral projection is. And I feel this is meant to reflect Doctor Strange reading the books of kamar-taj. Taking in the info but not being able to be possessed by it. Her lore is also a bit different. And since she's legendary within it, might be able to read from it with no problems.
    end of spoilers
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    They need to address these things more in the comics and in the movies. Or maybe not always have heroes do bad stuff?
    Agreed, but they love these events for some reason.

Mighty Member

That's been true of most of comics though too. Marvel is good at making heroes bad. Bringing them back from that is another thing. And MU citizens have always been fodder.
    You can kind of get away with it in the comics, mostly because the effects are so cartoonish that you can just enjoy it for what it is. There's also the fact that we have plenty of comics that deconstruct the genre like Watchmen, so we have to balance it out.
    Also the comics will sometimes delve into the effects of the actions of the heroes (Civil War for example).

With live action films, it's a lot harder to do as they, by design of the medium, feel a lot more real
    When Tony screws up in the films, we basically see Elon Musk causing People harm and it becomes an issue of rich guys playing around with their expensive equipment and letting the public become canon fodder.

Ultimate Member

You can kind of get away with it in the comics, mostly because the effects are so cartoonish that you can just enjoy it for what it is. There's also the fact that we have plenty of comics that deconstruct the genre like Watchmen, so we have to balance it out.
    Also the comics will sometimes delve into the effects of the actions of the heroes (Civil War for example).

With live action films, it's a lot harder to do as they, by design of the medium, feel a lot more real
    When Tony screws up in the films, we basically see Elon Musk causing People harm and it becomes an issue of rich guys playing around with their expensive equipment and letting the public become canon fodder.
    That's true. I feel like they tried to do that in the movies but made some missteps with it. Although I think the comics can do a bit better. Are there any recent comics tackling these issues?

Agreed, but they love these events for some reason.
    Is it still a big thing? I'm a bit behind.

Even with Civil War though, Cap and Tony forgave each other really quickly. It felt rushed and unnatural.

Ultimate Member

Even with Civil War though, Cap and Tony forgave each other really quickly. It felt rushed and unnatural.
    That was after 7 years apart, though. He didn't get past it after returning from Titan. A bigger resolution would have been nice, though

Mighty Member

That was after 7 years apart, though. He didn't get past it after returning from Titan. A bigger resolution would have been nice, though
    Even then, they were still fighting each other up until Time Runs Out.

Ultimate Member

Even then, they were still fighting each other up until Time Runs Out.
    Oh, I thought he was talking about the movie

Mighty Member

Oh, I thought he was talking about the movie
    Ah he might have been, my mistake.

Ultimate Member

Ah he might have been, my mistake.
    No prob. Do you feel they forgave each other too quickly in the comic, too?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    On some real **** she cleaned Westview up in 1 day take away the scary nightmares they'd have nothing to bitch about I'd vote for her.
    But all the ‘improvements’ went away with the hex gone and she trashed the place even more before she left, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by anyajenkins View Post
    But all the ‘improvements’ went away with the hex gone and she trashed the place even more before she left, lol.
    They were unappreciative of her gifts so she had to teach them a lesson. She should try again with Eastview I feel they would be more thankful. Lol

Extraordinary Member

Here some other views i have read recently about WandaVision Episode 9 and the show.

WandaVision Episode 9 views part 1
    Saiisen quote-
    I don't mind not seeing Mephisto and all, but that Evan Peters cast was cruel, X-Men fan are here to suffer a bit more I see. Casting him for a boner joke.

Arnele Sarte quote-
    You're fault guys, immediately jumping to conclusions

Saiisen quote-
    @Arnele Sarte No, Who cast Evan Peters as quicksilver ? Me!!! Please, they knew what they were doing.

Sir Naps-A-Lot quote-
    Straight from the horses mouth, Fiege said there would be nothing related to mutants or X-Men for at least 5 years until he finishes this current arc being set up.

Lucas Iglesias quote-
    Feige was making sure everyone knew that the Fox X-men are gone forever

Arnele Sarte quote-
    @Saiisen it's just you and your made up expectations

Daniel Perez quote-
    Thats the point. They are really making it very clear that they wont move forward with any pre-X-Men content (Only Deadpool, maybe, and thats taking alooooooot). And the only way to make it that clear, without any doubt, was making it painfull.

_______
    James Kevin Williams Jr. quote-
    I think the lessons should go to the audience like fan theories AREN'T the actual story

Alex Skinner quote-
    @James Kevin Williams Jr. exactly! The show was perfect as it is, fans just made up wild theories and expected them to come true ffs ����*♂️
    _________

TheNOJUSTICEJUSTUS quote-
    This show was so great. I’ll admit I cried watching this episode. The trolling doesn’t even bother me, because it was so amazing. Awards for all involved.

shira wolf benjamin quote-
    This show is amazing, I have not enjoyed a show for so long. Big WTF. Loved the post credits scene. ������

Matthew Churchyard quote-
    I love this episode and the whole series has honestly been so brilliant. So what if theories weren’t confirmed the character development and Scarlet Witch’s outfit were just amazing. Both of my fave characters getting the treatment they deserve.

Miss Star quote-
    @Queen B Wow because there weren't more explosions and cameos it was slow for no reason? All these basic MCU fans are showing their colors. Always criticizing Marvel for something new than the MCU formula and and they give it to you, you cry for the formula ����*♀️Yeah it went straight over your head. You didn't understand the show ����*♀️

_________
    Kkn_D quote-
    Kevin feige : keep it simple, keep it grounded, keep in reference to a comic, slowly and shortly to a grand plot.

Old Man Deadpool quote-
    Maybe not tie things to hard to each other

Kkn_D quote-
    @Old Man Deadpool thank you for an additional. �� really started feeling bad form last episode for those wild theorists that overflowed on youtube going crazy to what coming next on each episode.

Marvelicious Goku quote-
    The finale is satisfying and emotional. People who are disappointed are mostly people who expected cameos And Easter eggs and stuff connecting this show to other MCU shows. Just saying this show is all about “Grief” and not Cameos or easter eggs. The dissatisfaction was mainly the fault of us expecting all our theories to somehow happen in a 45 min. Episode and its not the fault of the show

Ras_ AlHim quote-
    It's so funny, there were so many leaks last weak about Fox Quicksilver, Professor X, Strange, Mark Hamill Nightmare, Blue Marvel...and they all turned out wrong. Yet people ate them like popcorn and now they are upset they got fooled, so they blame the show for dissapointing them.

Cj Piligan quote-
    HAHA, Exactly

Soufian 27 quote-
    I hope fans will learn from this experience and stop theorizing 24/7. You’re only setting yourself up for disappointment

ikato kiyazaki2
    I loved this series! Marvel breaking new barriers and records!

Pulp fiction Nightmares quote-
    This episode is a lesson to everyone who watches marvel
    Just take things at face value
    What you see or what is implied is what it is
    No need for ridiculously deep theories and stuff like that to confuse general audience
    Marvel wants the everyday joe to understand with ofc little bits of stuff for the comic people
    Clave quote-
    If y'all are disappointed with the finale...........its all kinda your fault

mohammad hdili quote-
    True that

Where's Waldo??? ? quote-
    Evan Peters was the luke cameo. The director even admitted it in an interview after his reveal but was disappointed that it got leaked and he couldn't understand how the luke skywalker in mando season 2 cameo never got leaked. So he was bummed about that. But like always marvel fans go above and beyond expecting magneto and blah freaking blah.

buffbeenstuffed quote-
    What I taught myself to do coming into this series was to tone down my expectations for cameos and seeds for mutants being planted. The theories fan's came up with were fun to talk about , but I was holding off fully buying into them as I did not want that to determine how much I would enjoy the series. Now on that note I really enjoyed this series and the way in which each episode built up and revealed more information (onion layer effect). I think all the cast were fantastic and the show has made me a big fan of Monica Rambeau , so I look forward to seeing what how her character progresses within the mcu. I think Elizabeth Olsen was nailed it, I knew she was the perfect casting choice for Scarlet Witch my only concern was the potential for Disney to tone down aspects of the characters history and thankfully they did not do that.

Fausto Soto quote-
    I think that only the people who managed to control their expectations are the ones who truly enjoyed the show overall. I'm just glad that we finally got to see Wanda in her full Scarlet Witch persona, I honestly thought that it was never gonna happen before this.

King Zande quote-
    Kevin Feige took one of the most beloved and celebrated characters of the Fox X-Men universe, and turned him into a �� joke.

Sutter Cane quote-
    Thank god, Evan Peters is over rated

Jesus Ramirez Romo quote-
    @Jesus Ramirez Romo I know right.

Jaime PS quote--
    @Jesus Ramirez Romo lol nice ��

What we also have to remember is that from the beginning, Feige didn't want the MCU shows to be have major plot points such as those in the films. There are still territories out there which don't have Disney plus yet, and that would be alienating them if they miss out on future plot points due to lack of access.
    On top of that, we also have to remember that the MCU is planned years in advance. It would damage their narrative if they try to shoehorn mutants in when it hasn't been planned from the beginning.
    I hope MCU fans, myself included, have learnt our lessons when it comes to the future MCU Disney plus shows.

Qwill quote-
    It's mostly why, at the end, Wanda is alone much like she was at the end of Endgame, making it possible for people who didn't watch WandaVision to see Wanda in a new movie without being lost to what's going on. She's pretty much back to the same situation she was in. It's a clever way to see if these shows are working or not.

Robert Barry quote-
    I was disappointed with the ending of what started out great (IMO). I think it would have worked better if it would have been six one hour episodes rather than nine half hour episodes. Also, Agatha’s reveal should have happened sooner. I would have loved spending more times with Hahn’s witch being bad.

Marvelicious Goku quote-
    The finale is satisfying and emotional. People who are disappointed are mostly people who expected cameos And Easter eggs and stuff connecting this show to other MCU shows. Just saying this show is all about “Grief” and not Cameos or easter eggs. The dissatisfaction was mainly the fault of us expecting all our theories to somehow happen in a 45 min. Episode and its not the fault of the show
    _____
    Torsten W quote-

Sounds misplaced...not having Dr. Strange even show up in a post credit scene is an insult because his whole damned job is to deal with this exact type of situation and he senses these things yet he doesn't show up when the fabric of reality is in danger? I don't buy it. He even takes notice when someone like Loki pops up yet he doesn't do anything about wanda and Agatha?

Qwill quote-
    I think people shouldn't expect so many characters to crossover all the time in all movies and tv shows. It would make sense that the Sorcerer Supreme would come investigate that type of event, but his character has nothing to do with the story being told. It makes no sense, story-wise, to bring one of the most powerful character in the current MCU to resolve the story. It would take away so much from Wanda dealing with her problems herself, like she did in the episode. Strange appearing at the end to help her would be a mistake, and him having just a cameo means nothing to the story. Do people really just want to see the character for 2 seconds, not doing anything, just to know he was here ? As an audience, we need to accept to watch stories being told with specific characters without every Avengers making an appearance for a cameo. It cheapens the stories being told if it's forced.
    ____
    stokellando quote-
    I think in Fietro case, it's like Kevin Feige making a statement :
    Listen, i don't care about Fox's X-Men. MCU's X-Men will be different.
    You guys like Evan Peters as Quicksilver? Well here in MCU i cast him as nobody!

Jayden Kleiberg quote-
    I’m just going to be honest, if anyone was disappointed with this finale, blame yourselves. You guys had too much hype and high expectations. You guys were easily fooled by the fake leaks, fake scripts, and outrageous theories. If you guys had lower expectations, you wouldn’t have been so disappointed. Let WandaVision be a lesson to all, and get ready for Falcon and the Winter Soldier!
    Last edited by mace11; 03-05-2021 at 11:42 AM.