Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    There are no Mutants in the MCU, and that isn't going to change until after Avengers 4, so that seems rather unlikely.
    So far.

Once the merger goes ahead Mutants will suddenly be front and center in the MCU. They'll just say that Mutants existed, but they kept to themselves. It's going to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Sain View Post
    I'd be lying if I said I was losing sleep. What's it been 4-5 months since the buy and its supposed to take a year and some change to get finalized? Annnd it seems to have been pushed back around the time of finalization? Such a mystery.
    This looked interesting but if shelving it means getting AN Xmen movie made by marvel sooner I'm ok with that.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Somecrazyaussie View Post
    So far.

Once the merger goes ahead Mutants will suddenly be front and center in the MCU. They'll just say that Mutants existed, but they kept to themselves. It's going to happen.
    That's not how Feige has gone about things up to know.
    He's a slow burn guy. The concept of Mutants will likely be introduced slowly, with stuff like Ororo making an appearance in Black Panther 2 and Captain America running into his old war buddy James Howlett.
    Something like the Fantastic four, you can just drop that into the MCU. Mutants, that needs a lot of world building if you want to do it right.

Formerly Blackdragon6 Emperor-of-Dragons's Avatar

TBH, i'm more comfortable with Marvel getting F4 back than X-Men. I felt fox did pretty good by the franchise, aside from sidelining Cyclops, and watering Storm down. (no pun intended ). I'm ok with New Mutants going into a horror film direction. It feels new and different. I was HOPING Dr. Strange would have been a Horror/Fantasy Superhero film considering the director Marvel chose. But they were like Nah this is just a marvel movie. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor-of-Dragons View Post
    TBH, i'm more comfortable with Marvel getting F4 back than X-Men. I felt fox did pretty good by the franchise, aside from sidelining Cyclops, and watering Storm down. (no pun intended ). I'm ok with New Mutants going into a horror film direction. It feels new and different. I was HOPING Dr. Strange would have been a Horror/Fantasy Superhero film considering the director Marvel chose. But they were like Nah this is just a marvel movie. lol

Formerly Blackdragon6 Emperor-of-Dragons's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    pffftt....trippy but not horror

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    This looked interesting but if shelving it means getting AN Xmen movie made by marvel sooner I'm ok with that.
    That's exactly how I'm seeing it. Not sure on the validity of this idea, but it may make enough sense to be true.

That's not how Feige has gone about things up to know.
    He's a slow burn guy. The concept of Mutants will likely be introduced slowly, with stuff like Ororo making an appearance in Black Panther 2 and Captain America running into his old war buddy James Howlett.
    Something like the Fantastic four, you can just drop that into the MCU. Mutants, that needs a lot of world building if you want to do it right.
    Sure while some of this is true, Marvel didn't hesistate to crowbar Spiderman Homecoming into the schedule as soon as they were able to, no?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sain View Post
    Sure while some of this is true, Marvel didn't hesistate to crowbar Spiderman Homecoming into the schedule as soon as they were able to, no?
    My post actually covered what you just said here.

BANNED

pffftt....trippy but not horror

Nice film effects, tippy...not horror. Horror is scarecrow looking at Batman's face after getting poisoned in Batman Begins.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tarantino View Post
    Nice film effects, tippy...not horror. Horror is scarecrow looking at Batman's face after getting poisoned in Batman Begins.
    How is that horror?

BANNED

How is that horror?
    Batman was scary.

batman-dc-comics-20080717035113468-000.jpg

Dr Strange is tippy and unusual not horror.

Invincible Member

I think they could still do so, but maybe with one of there more obscure characters (Satana, Simon Garth Zomibie, etc)

Invincible Member

Batman was scary.

batman-dc-comics-20080717035113468-000.jpg

Dr Strange is tippy and unusual not horror.
    This is all subjective, but Batman is not scary. He's scary in the fictional universe where he lives but not to the audience that's watching his movies.

Ultimate Member

I'm beginning to wonder if they chose the right story to adapt.

When you get down to it, mixing genres, sci-fi and magic, in the same movie, is pretty hard. And the demon bear saga is hardly a one genre creature.

BANNED

Batman was scary.
    How is that scary? Combined with the voice it was almost laughable.