Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Weakest Version of Superman that can beat Dragonball Super Broly

As the title says, what do you guys think?

Man, I really need that bit from Brooklyn 99 with the "no one ask any follow up questions about that" to be a gif.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Man, I really need that bit from Brooklyn 99 with the "no one ask any follow up questions about that" to be a gif.
    Which Superman do YOU think can win?? :P
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

(knows nothing of DB power levels, other than they are ridiculous)

Total shot in the dark ... more than Silver Age Superman but less than Thought Robot Superman?

BANNED

Somehow, someway, someone ends up married to a gorilla.

I haven't seen the new DBS movie but Post-Crisis Superman is strong enough to shatter a planet by jumping off it while so severely depowered he couldn't fly. But more importantly, Flash taught him the vibration phasing trick, and he's used it to pass through both matter and energy. Can Broly actually touch him before he gets a heat vision lobotomy? Eyeballs naturally reflect light inward, it would be trivial for Superman to kill...pretty much anyone who has functional eyes, needs their brain to live, and lacks organs that have feats for resisting star level heat.
    "Money and muscle, that’s what I want; to be able to do any damned thing I want and get away with it. Money won’t do that altogether, because if a man is a weakling, all the money in the world won’t enable him to soak an enemy himself; on the other hand, unless he has money he may not be able to get away with it."
    Robert E. Howard

Quote Originally Posted by rhyvurg View Post
    I haven't seen the new DBS movie but Post-Crisis Superman is strong enough to shatter a planet by jumping off it while so severely depowered he couldn't fly. But more importantly, Flash taught him the vibration phasing trick, and he's used it to pass through both matter and energy. Can Broly actually touch him before he gets a heat vision lobotomy? Eyeballs naturally reflect light inward, it would be trivial for Superman to kill...pretty much anyone who has functional eyes, needs their brain to live, and lacks organs that have feats for resisting star level heat.
    Anything else aside for the moment, you should be referring to Rebirth Superman with that initial bit at minimum.

But you know what, since this is happening:

Can Broly actually touch him before he gets a heat vision lobotomy? Eyeballs naturally reflect light inward, it would be trivial for Superman to kill...pretty much anyone who has functional eyes, needs their brain to live, and lacks organs that have feats for resisting star level heat.
    Are you trying to use science to argue that Superman's heat vision, a truly hard physics defined force if there ever was one, should directly reach someone's internal organs through their eyeballs because of how light works?

When in the comics has his heat vision ever worked like that?

To be clear, when in comic books has Superman straight up bypassed whatever durability someone's eyes might have to directly pump heat vision into their brain with "star level damage", because of how light works? Issue number?

To be further clear, I am asking for some kind of example where this happened, because if this never happened, you are using science, in place of actual feats to extrapolate from, to say Superman can do something.

For all I know, this totally happened! So I'm asking for when it did.

I'm going to do some advance work here myself: If you're going to bring up Batman, or Manchester Black, these are two people with the durability, of people. With Batman he also wasn't doing the look into eyes thing from how it looks as depicted, he just selectively heat visioned into his brain, unless you have some part of that comic that notes otherwise. Batman again, has the durability, of a guy. And even with Black, that's not what he did. He certainly talked a big game of that's what he did, but he then noted that all he did was "pop you with the equivalent of a forced concussion". And again, Black has the durability, of a guy. You're basically arguing that Superman's heat vision, narrowed to functionally miniscule capacity as far as "channeling it through the retina", i.e. the thing he talked up that he did, will regardless hit someone's brain with "star level damage" (that's also not "eyes naturally reflect light inward" by the way, Superman had to make a specific effort to use that guy's retinas that way). So again, when did he do anything, to suggest he can do that?

So here is what I am looking for: Superman, doing this thing you are saying, to someone of actual high end superhuman durability. For all I know, this totally happened.

Edit: You know what, I want to just stick on this for the moment.
    Last edited by Pendaran; 06-27-2019 at 12:51 AM.

I mean ... ignoring the scaling (and Broly being stronger than both Goku, post 'threatens the Universe with Beerus'/ Vegeta); Broly and Gogeta hit each other so hard it knocked them both into another dimension briefly ... which they then fought in for awhile, before knocking each other back out of it.

So like ... part of me wants to say Silver Age Superman probably has his work cut out for him ?
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    I mean ... ignoring the scaling (and Broly being stronger than both Goku, post 'threatens the Universe with Beerus'/ Vegeta); Broly and Gogeta hit each other so hard it knocked them both into another dimension briefly ... which they then fought in for awhile, before knocking each other back out of it.

So like ... part of me wants to say Silver Age Superman probably has his work cut out for him ?
    I likewise haven't seen the movie but this feels about right.

DBS Goku and co, somewhat inconsistent presentation aside, feel like they are meant to be in the ballpark of Silver Age Superman.

Speed might be an issue. Silver Age does have some dopey speed stuff and I don't know, and honestly don't care to know, how the weird broken mess of the DB speed algorithm goes.

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

DB levels are difficult, but the clearest way we can present this is as follows:

Goku, a couple of power-ups and a ton of training ago, was threatening the universe when fighting Beerus. Vegeta is more or less exactly as strong. Let's say that most of that power was from Beerus, fine, that still places Goku and Vegeta at the very least around galaxy-busting levels.

Broly was handling both of them at the same time. Easily. As in, tanking repeated shots, and responding with still greater force.

He confirmed this by also trivially owning Golden Frieza (who is equal to Goku and Vegeta) for an extended period of time, two power-ups before Broly's max form.

To the point that they had to use fusion, a technique that doesn't add the power levels, but which multiplies them by some impressive factor.

The fused being then STILL couldn't beat Broly, until they went blue.

At that level, yeah, they toasted Broly, but the fusion didn't one-shot him or anything, it just proved too fast to really hit, while being capable of doing the requisite damage to win.

Thing is, by what we know about DB and fusions and such, that fused being was likely stronger than any single being we've ever seen except Xeno, who is a casual-with-a-thought universe-buster.

Even pre-crisis Superman isn't beating Broly. You'd need to get to one of Superman's cosmic forms. Rebirth Supes is a joke to Broly.

Let's even then address the ridiculous premise that Superman, despite lacking all such feats (AFAIK) of performing involuntary brain surgery on resisting super-durable foes, could do this to Broly. Given that Broly tanks repeated shots from beings ranging from "galaxy-busting" to likely "many many galaxy-busting" without a scratch with his eyes open, is there really some argument that a guy who's stuff maxes at MAYBE multi-planet-busting (pre-crisis Supes) could get through even his eyes' durability to make it to the brain?
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

And with Kosh! ^_^
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

is there really some argument that a guy who's stuff maxes at MAYBE multi-planet-busting (pre-crisis Supes) could get through even his eyes' durability to make it to the brain?
    Pre Crisis Supes is the one what tows chains of planets and did that thing with hurling a compressed neutron star.

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Pre Crisis Supes is the one what tows chains of planets and did that thing with hurling a compressed neutron star.
    Oh, I know that, I'm talking about what his HV is capable of. I don't even recall him planet-busting with his HV, but this IS PC Supes, so you kinda have to give benefit of the doubt to "extreme shenanigan" power levels.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan