Page 515 of 776 FirstFirst ... 15415465505511512513514515516517518519525565615 ... LastLast
Results 7,711 to 7,725 of 11633
    Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fanfan13 View Post
    Guys, I saw Batman #35 spoiler again! Someone in tumblr, who seems to be Damian and/or Dick fan, received the issue earlier than scheduled and they post the pages only where Damian and Dick appear.

We will get another Damian and Dick gem by Tom King again guys.

Do not read below if you don't want to be spoiled!!

I repeat do not read below if you do not want to be spoiled!! Read at your own risk!

spoilers:
    I think the last half of the issue has dialogues all in Dick and Damian POV, while most of the panels showed us how Selina and Talia's fight and how Bruce trying to escape.

This time Damian and Dick were discussing about the engagement.

Dick: ”Why do you think he did it?"
    Damian: "I do not know and I do not care."
    Dick: "Yeah. Well, the better question is: why he didn't tell us? He should've at least told us."
    Damian: "I... do not know and I do not care."

And Dick was like "Ah, c'mon kiddo" then Damian argued with what his father chooses is his own choice, because his father is Batman and Damian is Robin.
    Dick teased Damian about the Batman and Robin logic, Damian was like "Shut up, Richard." LOL

After that came my favorite part of the discussion:
    Damian: "You're such a child."
    Dick: "You're ten!"
    Damian: "I'm thirteen!"
    Dick: "Whatever."

I. Literally. Screamed. At that. Yes, yes, yes Damian you're still ten fight me!!! XD

Moving on from that Dick finally gave his two cents of the engagement. Dick thinks it is because Bruce wants to be happy. Later Dick shares his own thought to Damian on whether Bruce is happy or not.

Eventually, their heart to heart talk was finally interrupted with Selina and Bruce coming out of the place.

Bruce was surprised to find Dick and Damian there. He suspected Alfred has told them already, which he thought he should have been the one to do so.

And then came this heartfelt moment between father and son:

Damian: "Father."
    Bruce: "Damian, I..."
    Damian: "Are you happy?"
    Bruce: *silent*
    Bruce: *looks at Selina*
    Bruce: "I... I'm getting there."
    Damian: *silent*

Then Bruce, Selina, Dick, and Damian proceeded to go home together.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Aww my poor heart. The emotional development and vulnerability King gave Damian in one arc is pretty impressive I have to admit. not to mention great Character moments for Dick both as eldest son and brother. Once again stepping when Bruce isn't there cough dropped the ball to take control, do damage control and sort things out.
    Putting out fires cementing his role in the family.

Love Dick's explanation. He knows Bruce the best.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    spoilers:
    Damn it that does sound like a goodun if it's legit. Esp the last part with Bruce's answer. The grumpus in me didn't trust King to get his **** together but I have to admit the last 2 issues have rivalled I am Bane and this time Bruce and his romance are the parts giving me the most feels.

Lets hope it's legit because I don't want Bruce and Damian's 1st interaction after Selina said yes happening in Supersons {which is what I believe the surprise is}

It would have been better if the other boys were here though. That Bruce, Selina Dick and Damian going home together doesn't feel right.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Now that you mention it not cool to leave the others hanging like that *pun very much intended* but expected from King at this point.
    end of spoilers

Batman & Catwoman’s Engagement Solidifies Dick & Damian’s Bond

https://www.cbr.com/batman-nightwing-robin-brothers/

Some points I agree with some are simply BS

"Current Batman writer Tom King has established a true family dynamic between Bruce and his Bat-“sons,” including Batman’s latest crimefighting partner Duke Thomas, now also known as The Signal, complete with personality conflicts and even a degree of sibling rivalry."

It has?
    Last edited by CPSparkles; 11-13-2017 at 04:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CPSparkles View Post

"Current Batman writer Tom King has established a true family dynamic between Bruce and his Bat-“sons,” including Batman’s latest crimefighting partner Duke Thomas, now also known as The Signal, complete with personality conflicts and even a degree of sibling rivalry."

It has?

I thought that they only appeared a few times in this run during only 2 or 3 scenes without importance..

I always saw they as the best brothers... But I think that only King Batman run fans can understand that..
    Last edited by adrikito; 11-13-2017 at 06:25 AM.

It has?
    Dunno. Maybe?

It has?
    That's hilarious.

It has?
    A sweet yet strangely uninformed article. Dick and Damian have had that bond for sometime. Seeley solidified it in rebirth though it is nice to see it get extra polish under King.

How the author can type "The dynamic is one that King’s been slowly developing as a sidebar storyline throughout his various story arcs. " With a straight face is beyond me.
    I don't think this person is reading King book they've just been looking at the pictures.

This gem "King builds upon the pair’s past non-interactions, evolving their relationship from seeming indifference or distance into something that demonstrates the existence of a brotherly love between the two". WTF

Dunno. Maybe?
    I thougth thay Duke spend most if his time in King's run doing mission control.

The furthering of Dick and Damian’s relationship, though, expands something that has never existed: an actual brotherly relationship between Batman’s sidekicks, past and present.
    Oh CBR, that is just embarrasing.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    I thougth thay Duke spend most if his time in King's run doing mission control.
    He did. The article is ludicrous

It has?
    Wait a minute, whoever wrote that article... is he forgetting Dick and Damian's close relationship as Batman and Robin dynamic duo?
    Indifference and distance? What about the issues of Nightwing where Damian appeared? Nightwing Must Die arc? Gotham Resistance arc?

Not mentioning that they talk about as if none of the Robins had any kind of brotherly bond before those 2 or a family dynamic (i guest that the 70s and 90s never happened).

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    A sweet yet strangely uninformed article. Dick and Damian have had that bond for sometime. Seeley solidified it in rebirth though it is nice to see it get extra polish under King.

How the author can type "The dynamic is one that King’s been slowly developing as a sidebar storyline throughout his various story arcs. " With a straight face is beyond me.
    I don't think this person is reading King book they've just been looking at the pictures.

This gem "King builds upon the pair’s past non-interactions, evolving their relationship from seeming indifference or distance into something that demonstrates the existence of a brotherly love between the two". WTF
    LOL I just finished reading the article. I couldn't help but laugh at the... strangeness of it.

Quote Originally Posted by fanfan13 View Post
    Wait a minute, whoever wrote that article... is he forgetting Dick and Damian's close relationship as Batman and Robin dynamic duo?
    Indifference and distance? What about the issues of Nightwing where Damian appeared? Nightwing Must Die arc? Gotham Resistance arc?
    He thinks they never interact.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Not mentioning that they talk about as if none of the Robins had any kind of brotherly bond before those 2 or a family dynamic (i guest that the 70s and 90s never happened).
    CBR retcon