Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    Maybe not marriage on its own, but I've enjoyed the current Superman books with their family dynamic.
    Agreed

The family dynamic is fantastic imo

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post

I would...

Though I would be happy with Peter and MJ back together at last in the main universe too. Marvel seriously needs more married couples out there since their crackdown on beloved relationships in the past few years.
    I agree

For a company that pushes it's diverse range of characters

family dynamics of various kinds are present, but people married with children and superheroes I think is a bit thin on the ground

Loads of good stories from that and other family relationships

Astonishing Member

This will be a great change untill they get divorced in 6 months

BANNED

Oh how nice a Marvel wedding. Here's my present:

Based on what is happening in X-men Gold: Colossus and Kitty seem like the most likely couple but given that Marvel seems to be making a big deal of it and since those two are x-men characters I would have to think that isn't the case. My best guess would be Peter and Bobbi, june will be around when issue 800 comes out and since this relationship has been pushed by sloot who would be the one writer currently at marvel who might have the leeway with editorial to make this sort of decision. I know that the relationship with clint and bobbi is supposed to come back but given that the comic where that was revealed was written by bendis it's not exactly like that is set in stone as continuity. Also with him leaving the company, I can think of no better way for marvel to honor bendis than by ignoring his continuity.

A dark horse candidate would be iceman. With it taking place in june and with no other actual great couples out there, I could see marvel going in that direction.
    Last edited by regg215; 11-13-2017 at 04:27 PM.
    "You know, there are some words I've known since I was a schoolboy: "With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.. The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged"- CAPT. Picard

Quote Originally Posted by regg215 View Post
    Based on what is happening in X-men Gold: Colossus and Kitty seem like the most likely couple but given that Marvel seems to be making a big deal of it and since those two are x-men characters I would have to think that isn't the case. My best guess would be Peter and Bobbi, june will be around when issue 800 comes out and since this relationship has been pushed by sloot who would be the one writer currently at marvel who might have the leeway with editorial to make this sort of decision. I know that the relationship with clint and bobbi is supposed to come back but given that the comic where that was revealed was written by bendis it's not exactly like that is set in stone as continuity. Also with him leaving the company, I can think of no better way for marvel to honor bendis than by ignoring his continuity.

A dark horse candidate would be iceman. With it taking place in june and with no other actual great couples out there, I could see marvel going in that direction.
    I really don't see Peter and Bobbi's relationship ending in marriage.

I mean, besides the fact that we know Marvel doesn't want a married Spider-Man, their relationship is nowhere near developed enough to where I could buy Peter proposing (or Bobbi accepting for that matter).

Kitty and Colossus, for all their issues, at least have a lot of history behind them. This is, like, the third time they've gotten back together .

Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post

Speculations start... Now!
    I have no idea... I'm not following enough Marvel these days to speculate about who might get married. But it's always nice to admire Phil Noto's work

Is there an article or something accompanying this teaser?

First word - Who, Second word - cares.

My hope is for Wiccan & Hulkling. The two have been engaged since Avengers: The Children's Crusade back in 2012. Its about time Marvel moves their butts and get the two married!

spoilers:
    Plus, it will make homophobes angry, which is always a cool thing.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Valamist View Post
    My hope is for Wiccan & Hulkling. The two have been engaged since Avengers: The Children's Crusade back in 2012. Its about time Marvel moves their butts and get the two married!

spoilers:
    Plus, it will make homophobes angry, which is always a cool thing.
    end of spoilers
    Aren't they, like, a bit young still?

Quote Originally Posted by Mary Jay View Post
    They're still in their early 20's but with how committed they are as a couple (and the fact that we know they get married in the future), I wouldn't be surprised to see them marry young.

That being said, it would feel kind of random to do them now when they've been in limbo since Ewing's New Avengers ended but I guess this would be a good way to bring them back into the spotlight.

Quote Originally Posted by Mary Jay View Post
    They're living on their own and maintaining an apartment together, so I'm guessing Marvel at least wants the audience thinking of them as young adults.

It'd be nice if it was Wiccan and Hulkling, but I doubt Marvel even wants to treat them as a big deal. I hate to say it, but Kitty/Piotr does seem the most likely possibility, and:

enoughprofanities (2).jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Tiamatty View Post
    It'd be nice if it was Wiccan and Hulkling, but I doubt Marvel even wants to treat them as a big deal. I hate to say it, but Kitty/Piotr does seem the most likely possibility, and:

enoughprofanities (2).jpg
    As bad as it has been handled, Kitty an Peter's current relationship in Gold is the only currently ongoing and major comic relationship who's build up seems to be heading towards marriage since Colossus actually (and very clunkily) proposed.

Wiccan and Hulking would be good but I just don't see Marvel bringing them out of limbo just to give them a wedding.

BANNED

I think a Gambit + Rogue wedding would really set things on fire, but of course Marvel would break it up and ruin everything. Peter was meant for Mary Jane, and I'd make "Renew Your Vows" the main Spider-title. Nobody cares about Kitty and Colossus so that one seems likely. Northstar and his husband appear to be the only happy marriage permitted to exist by Marvel. I'd like to see Dr Strange and Clea, or Thor and Sif.