Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
    One thing that might work against Moore is that, if I'm not wrong, there aren't any other elections that day. People won't vote a straight Republican ticket and hold their noses for him. They actively have to leave the house and stand in December weather a while to vote for a child molester.
    It's December in Alabama though, or am I simply getting caught up in the season-less void in which I live? In central Texas you get 2 seasons: Summer & Not-Summer - In Not-Summer it rains more and sometimes gets cold (High in the low 80's today).

Astonishing Member

One thing that might work against Moore is that, if I'm not wrong, there aren't any other elections that day. People won't vote a straight Republican ticket and hold their noses for him. They actively have to leave the house and stand in December weather a while to vote for a child molester.
    You've got a funny idea about how December weather is like down here.

Quote Originally Posted by wjowski View Post
    Hmmmmm, now I'm pondering the reaction if a storm or blizzard of some sort were to strike right before the election. I guess it would depend on the election result, but I can see so many ways it could be spun by the faux-christians that Moore represents.

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wjowski View Post
    I would guess that his base lives in the mountains?

I would guess that his base lives in the mountains?
    Don't put a box of jellybeans down on that guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalak View Post
    Hmmmmm, now I'm pondering the reaction if a storm or blizzard of some sort were to strike right before the election. I guess it would depend on the election result, but I can see so many ways it could be spun by the faux-christians that Moore represents.
    We had heavy rain and hail in NJ in the afternoon of Election day, and the Dems still did pretty darn well.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    We had heavy rain and hail in NJ in the afternoon of Election day, and the Dems still did pretty darn well.
    Yeah, but this election is all about the religious nutbar vote that's willing to ignore kiddy diddling in favor of "Anyone but a Democrat", and I'd assume these people will see signs in anything.

Russia investigation: What we know and where it may head next.

Flynn in ‘a lot of trouble’

The Manafort charges are a “straight analogue” to some of Flynn’s alleged activities, says Andy Wright, an associate professor at Savannah Law School and a founding editor of the legal blog Just Security.

“Flynn is really in a lot of trouble,” Professor Wright says.

Flynn’s son, Michael Flynn Jr., might be in jeopardy as well. He served his father as a top aide and chief of staff during the time frame under scrutiny by Mueller’s team.

Whether prosecutors will actually move to indict either of the Flynns remains to be seen. It is possible that their real aim is to pressure the former national security adviser to cooperate in the larger Russia investigation.

Beginning before last year’s Nov. 8 election, and continuing through the transition period, Flynn had a number of communications with Russian Ambassador Sergey Kislyak. (He was later fired from the White House for allegedly misleading Vice President Mike Pence about these discussions.) What did Flynn and Mr. Kislyak talk about, and why? Who else in the president-elect’s circle knew they were in touch? Was Flynn directed to talk about the future course of sanctions or other important aspects of US-Russian relations?

Flynn could trade information about his Russia dealings for lighter treatment, as Papadopoulos appears to have done.

President Trump has long insisted that the Russia investigation is a “witch hunt” and that there was “no collusion” between his campaign and Russia.

Indeed, it is possible that the documented contacts between his campaign staff and Russians or Russia-linked foreigners were innocent, or happenstance. As an incoming top official, Flynn might well have wished to speak with the Russian ambassador, for instance.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Roy Moore's latest accuser is coughing up evidence.

SIC is looking into getting phone records and has this matter in hand now.

That's why I said if Moore gets elected, he's going to have a shitstorm of ethics violations.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Donald Trump Jr. Messaged With WikiLeaks During Presidential Campaign
    The messages were handed over to congressional investigators probing Russia’s influence on the 2016 election.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...ushpmg00000009

Truly disgusting stuff coming from my home state. The defenders of Roy Moore... how low can they go? What would be a bridge too far for them? Beastiality? Cannibalism?

Quote Originally Posted by zinderel View Post
    It is endlessly fascinating to me, the kind of people who use the DraintheSwamp tag. Like...what does 'swamp' mean to these people? Is a swamp Republican any Republican who MIGHT be reasonable about SOME things? And is 'draining' the swamp simply a euphamism for replacing semi-reasonable adults with a gang of violent paste-eaters?

I mean, I KNOW the answer to those questions is 'Cooperation with Democrats', 'yes', and 'Duh....', but I mean...the core voter of a NATIONAL political party is people willing to overlook child molestation as long as the guy isnt a democrat and people who think 'compromise' is synonymous with 'surrender'. That is just insane.
    Remember everyone, Swamps are incredibly valuable natural resources. They help purify water, regulate erosion, and prevent flooding. Draining them has terrible consequences on the environment. #draintheswamp is just an call to let them get away with their bad behavior, it's almost as dangerous as actually draining all the swamps.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    Donald Trump Jr. Messaged With WikiLeaks During Presidential Campaign
    The messages were handed over to congressional investigators probing Russia’s influence on the 2016 election.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...ushpmg00000009
    That jives with the "A Trump will miss Thanksgiving" rumors for indictments 4, 5, 6, or 7. We still have yet to see those that were mentioned in the plea of Manafort/Gates and the deal for the Canary.

BANNED

Roy Moore was banned from a mall for cruising teenage girls

This past weekend, I spoke or messaged with more than a dozen people—including a major political figure in the state—who told me that they had heard, over the years, that Moore had been banned from the mall because he repeatedly badgered teen-age girls.

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

How the he'll is this man not registered on some sex offenders list? Cruising teenage girls, just disgusting.