Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Only titles where there are active couples would be Gambit & Rogue in their title, seemingly Piotr and Kitty in Gold and possibly Black Widow and Winter Soldier/Hawkeye in Tales of Suspense?

I care very little for the shipping dramas of characters, but I'm guessing it might be one of those.
    Currently Reading: DC: Shazam /// MARVEL: Daredevil, Invaders, Winter Soldier /// IMAGE: Seven to Eternity /// TITAN: Bloodborne

Upcoming Reading:

Trade Waiting: IMAGE: East of West, Black Road, The Black Monday Murders /// DARK HORSE: Hellboy, Witcher

BANNED

Most disappointing answer: Black Bolt & Medusa.
    Least likely answer: Pete & MJ.
    Most likely: Cap & someone else, Marvel making an attempt to repair his image.

Since this announcement came in wake of a bunch of X-men related news, I think it'll tie closely to the X-books. For that reason, I think it'll be either Kitty/Colossus or Rogue/Gambit. I think Kitty/Colossus is most likely. Guggenheim has teased some major upheavals in X-men Gold. And in recent issues, we've seen those two come closer together, even after Kitty swore off dating guys named Peter. They're a long and storied romance that has often been derailed for all the wrong reasons. Given Kitty's rise to prominence since the days of Astonishing X-men, I think her getting married would be a nice culmination of her growth. Same for Colossus.

Rogue/Gambit is possible, but very unlikely in my opinion. Based on everything I've heard about their upcoming series, Marvel seems reluctant to make them a full-fledged romance. We've even seen that in the pages of Astonishing X-men. While it would be a twist, it would be a huge stretch.

The last possibility, in my opinion, involved Iron Man and Amara Perera. I know that romance isn't very classic or iconic, but with Tony Stark set to return, this could be one way in which he grows. If Marvel wants to make this "The Wedding of the Century," then using one of its top tier characters is a must. With the success of the MCU, I think few things would be bigger than Iron Man getting married.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    Since this announcement came in wake of a bunch of X-men related news, I think it'll tie closely to the X-books.
    I agree, I think it's going to be X-related.

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

It'll be interesting to see who it is. I don't believe it'll involve my avatar though.

I think the ideas of Rogue/Gambit, Black Bolt/Medusa and Kitty/Colossus sound the most likely at the moment. Possibly Jean and Cyclops with adult Jean being back which would mean Emma and Cyclops would have to break up but it's just speculation on my part anyway LOL.

I'll be keeping a close eye for the announcement anyway, just incase it's interesting.

Mark Paniccia tweeted about it. It's totally Kitty and Colossus.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Ew. I really hope not.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Did he confirm that it was them?

Quote Originally Posted by Mary Jay View Post
    Aren't they, like, a bit young still?
    My parents got married when they were both 18 so...

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Maybe Thor and Thor? (Odinson and Jane) That would be a hoot.

I feel like Wiccan and Hulkling kind of already are married, in spirit, if not on paper.

Also, the cynical part of me thinks that gay marriages in Marvel are going to be like black guys on a team. Once Marvel's got exactly one, they aren't going to feel the need to have another...
    Wiccan and Hulkling are in limbo. They could be included in New Avengers when the Avengers books relaunch in May, but this is only one month later - too soon.

As for the Thors, Odinson now only considers Jane to be an old friend. She currently loves the Falcon, who is in a love triangle right now. Mighty Thor and Avengers have shown that he loves Jane (they've kissed and sent sexy text messages, and Sam is one of only half a dozen that know Jane is the female Thor - Odinson is one of the others), but in Spencer's Captain America: Sam Wilson book, he was sleeping with Misty Knight.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cloudman View Post
    Most likely: Cap & someone else, Marvel making an attempt to repair his image.
    Ohh yeah, after Secret Empire, I really feel like Steve and Sharon deserve a happy ending. I mean, she actually proposed to him (which will always be badass to me 'cause YASSS to the ladies making the move) before that whole Dimension Z mess and I don't think it was ever brought up again? So it'd be sweet to have some closure on that. Out of all the straight couples mentioned in this thread, this is the only one I would gladly read about, as I really think it makes sense and wouldn't feel like a gimmick, trying too hard or just plain unnecessary. It actually surprises me that no one has ever thought about getting Steve Rogers to marry someone before. He's such a goody-two-shoes, old-school kind of guy. Getting married and settling down with a nice lady would totally be his thing.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 11-14-2017 at 08:53 AM.

BANNED

Worth noting that ASM #800 will probably happen around the middle of the year, depending on double-shipping. Could have nothing to do with this, or could be something in it.

Could it be Thanos and Hela?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Cloudman View Post
    Worth noting that ASM #800 will probably happen around the middle of the year, depending on double-shipping. Could have nothing to do with this, or could be something in it.
    Slott teased something major was being seeded in January's issue of ASM too.

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    Personally, as much as I don't think Peter Parker should be married, I'd love it if he married Bobbi. One, that would be absolute world class trolling of the Peter/MJ crowd. Also, it would actually make for an intriguing new "power couple" in the MU.
    Hasn't Marvel trolled those fans enough? Sure they throw them a bone every now and then, especially with Renew Your Vows, but more often then not they just troll anyone who's a fan of that relationship, right down to how they got rid of it in the first place.

Not to mention it would look pretty hypocritical of Marvel to try and marry off Spider-Man again when they went through all the trouble to get rid of his last one and gush about how important his swingin' single status is. And then he was married to an actual Spider-Man supporting character at the time with an actual significant history with him. What does Bobbi have compared to that other then being a fellow Superhero with a few similarities to Peter?
    Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    The last possibility, in my opinion, involved Iron Man and Amara Perera. I know that romance isn't very classic or iconic, but with Tony Stark set to return, this could be one way in which he grows. If Marvel wants to make this "The Wedding of the Century," then using one of its top tier characters is a must. With the success of the MCU, I think few things would be bigger than Iron Man getting married.
    If Tony were to ever get married I would hope it would be with someone who's he been together with for longer then, basically, a day.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Could it be Thanos and Hela?
    Don't see a lot of (alive) attendance for that wedding .