Page 1 of 82 123451151 ... LastLast

Lightbulb The All-New Traitor Game: Rebirth!

Last edited by The Purple Skull; 06-19-2014 at 08:57 PM.
    GLORIOUS!

Welcome to The All-New Traitor Game! As the title suggests this is the game's Rebirth with players old and new coming together to start a new era of the Traitor Game.

Please take this time out to read over the game rules and other housekeeping stuff. I also ask that veteran players give it a quick look through as a refresher of sorts.

(Thanks to Deadpooligan for writing this up)

THE RULES!
    ...ON THE ROLES!
    This Traitor Game is traditional-- the object of the game is for the players to vote out the Traitors before they eliminate everyone. There are a total of six roles in the game, a team of three Traitors as antagonists, and a team of three Agents to oppose them. All games are structured and coordinated by a non-player host or pair of hosts.

• The Host: The Game Master has ultimate discretion over the Game's rules, how it is intended to be played, and where the course of the story goes. All correspondence regarding roles is to be done through the host via Private Message, and any questions regarding the game itself should be done the same way. There is also the Traitor Game Bullpen to field group discussions, but within a game, it's always best to speak to the host personally.
      This Game's Host is The Purple Skull as The Beyonder.
    • The Traitors: Three people among the group have been chosen in secret to work as a team and eliminate the other players. Each round, the Traitors will choose a target for elimination along with a method that is Private Messaged to the host. The Traitors win the Traitor Game if all other players are eliminated.
    • The Agents: Three more people among the group have been chosen in secret to work as a team to identify the Traitors. They are allies of the players and should not be targeted for banishment. After the kill in each round, the Agents will make one guess as to the identity of a Traitor and PM it to the host. It will then be announced, in game, whether they were correct or incorrect. If there is only one Traitor remaining, then the remaining Agent(s) will no longer be able send in a guess. The Agents win the Traitor Game once all three Traitors are banished.
    • Everyone Else: If the player do not have a role, they simply must stay alive and vote out the Traitors. All players, including ones with roles, can cast a single vote to banish a suspected Traitor per round, and if necessary, change that vote once per round. Best of luck!

While the Traitor and Agent roles are always secret outside of their teams, there may come a time when their identities are revealed. If this is the case, and the revealed player would like to do a post within an update regarding that, just ask the host! In the past we have had posts where a Traitor chooses to be revealed during a kill, or an Agent opts to reveal their role to better steer the innocent players in the right direction.

...ON STRATEGY AND TACTICS!
    • The Traitors collectively choose to kill one player every round, and the Agents collectively attempt to guess the identity of a single Traitor every round. All other players' only responsibility is to attempt to vote out (or 'banish') who they think is a Traitor every round. Anonymity is the greatest power Traitors and Agents have... exposing them could spell their doom in the next round!
    • A player character MUST vote 2 out of every 3 rounds. A player may also change their vote once per round. If any player fails to meet this requirement of gameplay, their character is eliminated for 'inactivity'.
    • It is important that players do not communicate outside of the game regarding voting choices, innocence and guilt, kill choices, and any and all things related to the strategic element of the Game. Obviously, with the nature of the Private Messages and extra-CBR means of communication, hosts cannot enforce this. The Honor Code has served us well with very scarce incidences, and everyone can play honestly. Remember, it's just a game! The only rewards given out are for good roleplaying and having fun, not winning. Offenders, if caught, will be completely and irrevocably removed from the Game.
    Last edited by The Purple Skull; 06-02-2014 at 08:50 PM.
    GLORIOUS!

...ON GAME FORMAT!
    The Traitor Game begins with the Traitors eliminating the host-designated 'NPC' or, Non-Player Character. After that, the voting starts alongside regular story updates every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. During this time, the Agents can PM the host their guess, and Traitors can prepare their next target. When voting, please BOLD or UNDERLINE your choice. Voting recaps are posted regularly between updates, as it makes it easier for everyone to keep track. Again, players may change your vote ONCE per round.

After two days, the person with the most votes will be banished.
    And if you are eliminated, don’t fret. there will be a side story for you to take part in that will tie in to the overall game.

...ON ROLEPLAYING!
    • The first rule of the Traitor Games is always to enjoy oneself and have fun. For nearly a decade, this group has encouraged the development of writing skill and collaborative social interaction between players.
    • Godmoding, as always, will not be tolerated. While the characters are meant to work together to discover the Traitors, suspicion, paranoia, and emotions running hot often gives way some classic comic book dust-ups. Some may be playing villains, some may be heroes, and some are just plain powerful, all fights can be choreographed civilly.
    • If a player is looking to set up some big scene that impacts the plot of the game, or a large collaborative scene with another player, please let the host know first! Collaborative story cohesion is important to everyone, but the host has their own story planned out too!

Got it? Good. Let's get started!
    Last edited by The Purple Skull; 06-02-2014 at 08:47 PM.
    GLORIOUS!

PROLOGUE
    "A New Beginning"

"There are worlds beyond that which you know.

Universes beyond the one you inhabit.

Infinite worlds.

Each with a different cast of characters.

All have their own unique story.

This is the Multiverse.

In this Multiverse, events have come and gone.

Worlds lived. Worlds died. Worlds were reborn.

There have been contests, wars, and a crisis here and there.

But on this day, I offer to the Multiverse…the Traitor Game.

A game of deduction, ingenuity, and most of all…survival!

Where you keep your friends close, and your enemies closer.

There will be alliances, and you can be sure there will be betrayals.

The question remains….

Will you answer The Beyonder’s challenge?"
    Last edited by The Purple Skull; 06-06-2014 at 08:03 PM.
    GLORIOUS!

CHALLENGERS OF THE BEYOND!

Joe Acro as Johnny Alpha
    Froggy as Cyclops
    Jeremi as Batman (DKR)
    NovaPrimeX as Captain Butch Flowers
    Anodyne as Melody Demaris
    Rambertino as Chris Jericho
    Rozen as Homura Akemi
    Pharozonk as Professor Zoom
    Flowerman as Harry Osborn (New Goblin)
    Deadpooligan as Deadpool
    Michale as Shaft
    Hugo Fowl as Kotomine Kirei
    Radioactive Zombie as Toyosatomimi no Miko
    TheCourier as Future Gohan
    vycesyn as The Three Investigators
    Indigo Al as Spider-Woman
    Rei as Emma Frost
    Secret Agent as The Arrow
    Yun Lao as Vinegar Doppio
    Godzilla as Godzilla
    Josh M as Wynne
    Keltset as Yachiru Kusajishi
    Husker as Admiral Bill Adama
    Wolvie616 as Korra
    patrickthekid as Xena
    Cthulhudrew as Allie Brosh
    Superheroic as Evinlea
    Masterbasset as Prismo
    Chris Lang as Phantom Girl
    Akibahara as Miles Upshur
    The Purple Skull as Spider-Man

(Thanks to Deadpooligan for the select screen)

Between now and 11 PM ET tomorrow night is the prologue period. Feel free to post your character prologue. If you complete your prologue or opt not to post one, I kindly as that you do not any in-game posting until the end of the prologue period.

Thanks!
    Last edited by The Purple Skull; 06-07-2014 at 11:24 PM.
    GLORIOUS!

"Hey men, sorry to interrupt, would you mind huddling up fellas?"

"Be right there, Captain Flowers!"

"How are you adjusting to the climate here on Blood Gulch, Private Church?"

"Fine. Little warm, but, okay."

"That's great. You have any problems at all, you let me know."

"Umm... Okay."

"What's up Sir?"

"Tucker... I told you to call me Captain, or Cappy... I don't want silly things like rank to interfere with our team dynamic."

"You got it, Cappy."

"I think I'm commanding the finest army, in all of Blood Gulch."

"Isn't there only one other army, those red guys?"

"Yeah, you know, the enemy?"

"I'll tell you who your enemy is, gentlemen. Apathy. Passivity. Indifference. ...And yes, also those red guys. "

"Yeah I've been thinking about our orders from Command... uh, Cappy. And I gotta tell you, I don't think three guys is enough to stage such an elaborate offensive."

"I think we should listen to this guy Captain, he seems to know plenty about being offensive. "

"Can it, shitbird."

"See?"

"Men, your delightful tomfoolery puts a spring in my step, and a bounce in my britches. If I weren't your commanding officer I'd pick you both up, give you a giant bear hug and make you call me Daddy."

"Uhm... thank God for the chain of command?"

"Now. I know you're worried about our mission. But I can tell you this. There's nothing, more important to me, than the safety, and well-being, of my men. Or my name, isn't Captain. Butch. Flowers."

"Does that mean we all get sniper rifles?"

"I'm gonna put in an order for yours tomorrow, Private Tucker. But I need to get some shut-eye first."

"Awesome. But it's like three-fifteen in the afternoon."

"You're forgetting about the time change, Tucker."

"Oh yeah, it's like three-eighteen. Why the hell is daylight savings time here only three minutes? "

"Good question, Private Tucker. It'll have to wait for another day, some of us need our beauty sleep. Not everyone has your striking metrosexual good looks. Huh, and now to go to sleep, standing up with my eyes open, as is my custom." At least until he heard a new voice echoing...

"There are worlds beyond that which you know.

Universes beyond the one you inhabit.

Infinite worlds.

Each with a different cast of characters.

All have their own unique story.

This is the Multiverse.

In this Multiverse, events have come and gone.

Worlds lived. Worlds died. Worlds were reborn.

There have been contests, wars, and a crisis here and there.

But on this day, I offer to the Multiverse…the Traitor Game.

A game of deduction, ingenuity, and most of all…survival!

Where you keep your friends close, and your enemies closer.

There will be alliances, and you can be sure there will be betrayals.

The question remains….

Will you answer The Beyonder’s challenge?"

"A strange challenge from a weird voice? I accept. Captain Butch Flowers reporting for duty...and may I say, pleased as punch you picked me!"

Last edited by NovaPrimeX; 06-02-2014 at 09:20 PM.

Amazing Member

The scene begins with our three youthful detectives arriving at a location. a local high school track far from their usual scrapyard hide-away. They had received a strange message through the speakerphone radio, a voice that was decidedly not their usual clientele handing out mysteries!

"Jupes are you sure about this? That was not Mr Hitchcock's voice on the phone and you know it. This is just far too weird out even for the likes of us! Even those strange phrases the man was using...Gleeps Jupe Maybe we were speaking to an alien or sumthin!!"

"As I already told both you and Jupiter, Pete the man on the phone is legit or at least as legit as the files that I found at the library suggests he is. A little strange that the dates were slightly off...thirty somewhat years into the future! Still there is no other information that suggests he isn't who he says he is and this can be a fascinating study in temporal interactions. Besides if you can't trust the government who can ya trust?"

"It is already settled the both of you. The Three Investigators have been hired to find out what that strange voice from beyond is speaking about a challenge. The man that hired us suggests that such challenges as these tend to come in forms of amusement to not only beings of potentially extraterrestrial abodes but also usually have the government explicitly having their fingers placed in the literal pie.Funny you should mention the federal institutions Bob as our client did say we were to firmly not trust anyone. Also that validation exists out there somewhere. No matter. It's time to Investigate"

The client you ask??? Who else?

Default Prologue

There was a knock on Shaft's office door. He looked over from where he was sitting, reviewing his case files. "Bumpy, if that's you, this time I'm gonna forget what we done before and-"
    He never got a chance to finish the sentence, as he was interrupted by seeing a note slipped underneath the door.

"Now who the hell could that be?"

He got up, one hand in his pocket, on his gun of course, as he kneeled by the envelope. No markings at all on the outside. He walked over to his desk and put it right up to the light to see what might be inside. Nothing but paper, it seemed. Still, he opened the thing carefully and read it over.

"This has gotta be a joke." He commented after reading it, and was about to put the paper down when...

This is not a joke.

Appeared on the letter. "What kind of funky jive is this? I know I didn't hit the bottle that hard last night!"

No, you didn't. So do you accept my offer or not?

"Shii.. Oh hell, not this again. Well, Shaft did his duty last time, if it's that time again, I guess he's gonna do it again. Count me in. These Traitor Games always need a little more soul anyway."
    Last edited by Michale; 06-03-2014 at 11:38 AM. Reason: You're damned right!

”Retirement wasn’t for me. The city called to me like a shot in the night.

I had to answer. The pestilence ran too deep…or that’s what I tell myself. The truth is the Bat is me more than I am it. I needed it. In my mind I’m 20 again, but my body begs to differ.

I’ll rest when I’m dead.”

A lightning bolt illuminated the sky as Batman stood perched on top a building looking down on the city of Gotham.

The crash of thunder followed waking him from his thoughts. It had been a week since he had taken down the Mutant Leader and he still had the bruises and scars to prove it. Before he had been alone, but he had recruited a soldier.

“Sir.”

A soldier by the name of Robin. “They’re moving.”

He nodded. Good girl, she’s learning he thought to himself as he moved over to the edge. Remnant mutants still clinging on. They needed to be taught a lesson. A very hard lesson. The dynamic duo could would leap off the building to administer that lesson however when a bolt of lightning blinded them and once their vision returned they’d find themselves on solid ground and some place…new.

“Batman?”

”She looks up to me thinking I have all the answers. Not yet, but I give her a reassuring look that seems to do the trick. Then I turn towards the one who brought us here to give him my answer.”
    “Yes.”
    Last edited by Jeremi; 06-03-2014 at 12:52 AM.

Incredible Member

Like most children, I found countless hours of endless entertainment playing alone with my toys. It didn't matter whether I was pretending Mr. Horse could fly faster than an airplane, or having T-Rex terrorize the other school kids on the bus as he unleashed his pent-up anger at having tiny, useless, little arms; my toys allowed me an opportunity to exercise my boundless imagination in dozens of exciting, terrifying ways.

One day, in the middle of my playing, a mysterious stranger appeared in my room. He looked like a white version of Captain Eo.

(Well, a whiter version of him, anyway.)

"I am from BEYOND!" He said. "Find the traitors, defeat your enemies, and all you desire shall be yours! Nothing you dream is impossible for me to accomplish!"

Maybe it was my childlike innocence that he found appealing. That, or my terrible, often destructive, imagination. Either way, the child that I was responded to his curious offer the only way I knew how:

In retrospect, I suppose wandering off with the jheri curled stranger might not have been the smartest idea I ever had.

Spectacular Member

On a mountain near West City, the alternate timeline version of Gohan, simply referred to as Gohan sat with his left sleeve blowing in the wind, having had his arm blown off in a fight with the androids. But Trunks was safe and that was all that mattered. His successor was safe. Gohan seemed to be thinking about something though. Something that happened last night while Trunks and Trunks's mother Bulma slept while Gohan trained as hard as he could to try to make up for the loss of a limb.

Suddenly while in the middle of training, Gohan felt a huge power level and knowing that the Androids didn't have power levels or at least ones that he could sense, Gohan figured it had to be something else. Something that would have slaughtered Trunks, Bulma, and who knows how many people if he didn't stop whatever it was. Landing from atop the abandoned building he had been practicing on, Gohan looked around for the source of the great energy.

"Come on out and show yourself! You're not going to harm any innocents as long as I'm still breathing!"

"Yes, well that's all fine and good but you see my intention is not to bring any further harm to this terrible world you protect." A voice boomed back as Gohan spun around with a glare upon the half-breed's face.

"What then? With a power level such as yours, why did you feel the need to pay my little planet a visit if you don't want to cause trouble?"

The being smirked and throwing back his head, he let out a hearty laugh enraging Gohan who made the very ground shake with his rage.

"I don't remember telling a joke! Now explain!"

"Oh, so quick to get angry. I know the androids are the ones who have caused this needless destruction of human lives and taken the lives of those you hold dear. But, I come with an offer if you'll hear me out."

Gohan tensed up but if this guy knew about the androids and how they had slaughtered the Z-Fighters, he figured he'd give him a chance. Besides, with a power level like his, Gohan wouldn't have stood a chance if he had tried fighting him..

"What is it?"

"If you'll come and join a game of mine that I'm running and find the traitor, I'll grant whatever desires you might have! Nothing is too big or small for me.."

Gohan's eyes widened at the offer. This guy really could have destroyed the androids with power like that and all Gohan had to do was play in some game? Looking over his shoulder at the home where Bulma and Trunks stayed, Gohan knew he'd be leaving them defenseless if he were to leave but this might be the one thing they needed.

"Alright, I'll go. Just one thing.."

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!" The ground shook once more as pink lighting cascaded off Gohan's body as his hair turned blonde and his eyes blue. Even if he was still a lot weaker than this guy, Gohan wanted to show he could take it up a notch just in case and with that he said he'd go with the Beyonder.

"Don't worry Lil Bro, I'll win this game and then our world will be allowed to live in peace and not terror.."
    Last edited by TheCourier; 06-03-2014 at 10:44 AM. Reason: Got the arm that was blown off wrong. Was the left arm.

Phantom Girl: Prologue

30th Century, Metropolis

Tinya Wazzo, known throughout much of the galaxy as Phantom Girl, was looking forward to some down time. Between the Khund incident and the recent rounding up of escaped prisoners from Takron-Galtos, she felt she could use a rest for a week.

However, Saturn Girl had called Tinya, saying she had an important matter to discuss with her. So now Tinya stood with Saturn Girl in an office at Legion Headquarters.

"Tinya, I called you here because I think there's something you need to know now." Saturn Girl began.

"What is this all about?" Phantom Girl asked.

"It concerns the Traitor Game." Saturn Girl replied.

Phantom Girl winced. "I'd hoped we'd never hear of them again."

"I know. I thought they were over too, but from what I hear, they are starting up again. But this isn't about that. This is about the past. Tell me, do you remember the first time you were involved in a Traitor Game?"

"All too well." Tinya replied. "I made some friends there, but ... I'd rather not think too much about what happened."

"And what DID happen? Who were the hosts?" Saturn Girl replied.

"Donna Troy and Evinlea." Phantom Girl replied. "It was all over some silly dispute that got out of hand."

"Tinya, I'm afraid you're wrong. That wasn't the first time you were involved in a Traitor Game."

"What?"

Saturn Girl nodded. "You were involved in one before that one, only you don't remember. This one was hosted by the Beyonder, apparently as means of testing mortals. We don't really know all the details yet ... but if I can re-awaken your memories of that Traitor Game, maybe we'll find out what we need to know."

Tinya was silent for a moment. "I ... if there's an earlier Traitor Game... one that I don't remember ... then do it. Let me remember it. I want to know all the details."

Saturn Girl nodded. "Okay, I need you to lie down on the couch. Chances are there will be a lot of memories awakened all at once, and it's better if we do this when you're in a comfortable position."

Tinya did as instructed. When she was lying on the couch, her telepathic teammate placed her hand on Tinya's forehead and then began to concentrate. As Saturn Girl probed Tinya's mind, memories began coming back to her...

Memories of the Beyonder. Of meeting, for the first time, Johnny Alpha, Cyclops, Deadpool, Spider-Woman, and so many others. She remembered how it all started...

----------------------------
    Metropolis, 30th Century

Time: A year or so ago from Phantom Girl's point of view.

Tinya Wazzo, aka Phantom Girl, was packing her belongings. It was not that she didn't mind having living quarters in the Legion Headquarters. It was that the Legion Headquarters had a habit of being destroyed and rebuilt so many times.

Naturally, this discouraged people from storing anything they wanted to keep at the HQ. Tinya knew it was only a matter of time before the HQ was destroyed again by accident or design. So she endeavored to store any and all prized possessions elsewhere. In her case, 'elsewhere' happened to be her otherdimensional homeworld of Bgztl.

She had made good progress so far. She had managed to send most of her belongings to Bgztl, and only needed a few others before she could consider the task complete. Just as she was about ready to activate her powers to phase all the way to her homeworld, something unexpected happened.

She felt herself being summoned. Her world went white as she felt the all-too-familiar experience of being teleported somewhere else against her will...

The next thing she knew, she was elsewhere, surrounded by strange people. Most of whom were unfamiliar...

OOC: And that's Phantom Girl's prologue.

When the Spider-Woman jumped, to grant the man the release from immortality that he wished, she was fully confident. These were not the chains of the High Evolutionary, of Hydra, of The Hangman. She was no puppet.

As they plummeted it was with ease that she busted the chains, and spread her wings of finely spun filament to glide away into the night. But something wasn't right. Gravity continued to drag her down. She experienced a flash of fear as she saw the Man Who Couldn't Die impaled on a stalagmite.

Suddenly she felt her mind clouding, and experienced the curious sensation of being still in midair. Anger now rushed within her, as her vision filled with tenebrous mists. When these mists cleared, she saw a figure familiar to her:

"I'm grateful to you for revealing my origins, Modred. But I've no time for your games." she whispered defiantly.

"Ah, but your origins aren't the entirety of what you are," the cloaked Arthurian sorcerer said. "How will you know who you truly are without testing your character? And are you willing to risk shattering your every notion of yourself to save entire universes? The choice is yours. I was sent by One From Beyond to offer you a choice. A choice to enter The Traitor Game. The first such cataclysmic event in the history of the multiverse. You may walk away from it if you wish, Jessica Drew, this is not to be forced on you."

"Why me? There are superheroes that handle such things. I'm merely trying to put my life together."

"If there remain lingering doubts as to whether the woman or the spider is your true nature, if you care about the existence of any around you, you should participate."

Images of Jerry Hunt and Magnus flashed in her mind. She was reticent. What if this was another sick illusion spun by Morgan Le Fay to destroy her?

But Modred's words haunted her too much.

Spider or woman?

"I'll go,"
    she breathed. The magician, bereft of a soul thanks to the Darkhold, gestured. A portal opened directly below the Spider-Woman. In a blink he was gone. And she continued her long freefall, unable to glide away, until she passed through the open maw of the eldritch gate.

The Saint of Killers Superheroic's Avatar

Prologue: The End

The Multiverse was no more. A few tiny pockets of life still clung feebly to existence but that would not last. Even now they were being snuffed out like matchsticks in a hurricane.

Evinlea awoke from unconsciousness lying half-buried in rubble. She sat up and immediately regretted it. "Phoenix," she cursed. She screamed in rage and agony attempting to shift the tons of rubble off her battered and broken body.

It was no use.

She would die here alone.

"Evinlea," a voice called from Beyond.

"Charon," she called. "You're alive! What of Acheron and Abbadon?"

Evinlea felt a mental sigh from Charon. "They...live. But we haven't much time. We are attempting to...restart everything."

"Restart? What does that mean?"

"It doesn't matter. I just wanted to thank you, for saving me. No matter what happens, I lo--"

"Charon?" Evinlea asked as his mental voice was suddenly silenced. "Char--" she cried as her world went white...