Page 35 of 104 FirstFirst ... 253132333435363738394585 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

I am linking the series a lot and I loved the part with Isaiah, Bucky and Sam but I think we need a bigger villain besides the flagsmashers, I guess it will be Zemo but so far it seems he will work with Sam and Bucky and he isnīt behind the flagsmashers.

I donīt hate Walker the MCU did a good thing keeping him sympatethic becuase itīs very easy to hate him just for the role heīs going to play and he makes a nice counterpart to Sam and Bucky.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 03-26-2021 at 09:19 AM.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Astonishing Member OopsIdiditagain's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SecretWarrior View Post
    Women in their 20s and 30s tend to prefer marrying guys in their 30s, who are financially established.

She made her choice, leave them be.
    Most women in their 20s prefer to stay single, they're focusing on their career. As countries get more developed, women start getting married at later ages. Who is bashing Florence? I don't care about who Florence dates. I just found the generalization you made on women outdated.
    december 21st has passed where are my superpowers?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    I am linking the series a lot and I loved the part with Isaiah, Bucky and Sam but I think we need a bigger villain besides the flagsmashers, I guess it will be Zemo but so far it seems he will work with Sam and Bucky and he isnīt behind the flagsmashers.

I donīt hate Walker the MCU did a good thing keeping him sympatethic becuase itīs very easy to hate him just for the role heīs going to play and he makes a nice counterpart to Sam and Bucky.
    Power Broker. All the hallmarks of the secret final boss, so far.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroBG82 View Post
    You are right, maybe Power Broker gave them their power with the super soldier serum
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Ultimate Member

That's your opinion. Others disagree.

Most women prefer men their age or older, leaning toward older. Many are repulsed at the idea of dating their own age or younger. Those are the type who want someone as established or more established than they are.

I'm 29, and I've been with women 21 years older and (recently) 7 years younger. Mutual interest. Older women don't consider me a serious long-term companion because I'm not someone they can present as being at their level socially when they have dinner with friends their age, but younger women do see that potential.
    Isn't this idea a bit outdated?

Is Power Broker big enough to be the final boss?

Saw the episode and liked it. Walker is more likeable here than in the comics. The buddy cop comedy is hit or miss but Sam and Bucky sell it by the end.

I thought Zemo was on the cellphone but I'm probably wrong.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Isn't this idea a bit outdated?

Is Power Broker big enough to be the final boss?
    I don't see why not. No, not a big name villain in and of himself, necessarily. But he could/should have a bunch of powered goons for an action sequence. Certainly no more obscure than Agatha Harkness.

Alternatively, seems like a fairly simple pivot to Zemo as the final villain, if you that's more your speed. Bucky and Sam accidentally unleashing the real bad guy while trying to deal with the Flag Smashers fits the theme of unintended consequences running throughout the series thus far.

I'm honestly not expecting anything too swerve-y. The drama here is more about Buck and Sam's internal struggles with where they are in their lives than in twists and turns of a thriller plot, so far. Although that could be a point in favor of the final antagonist being John Walker. No better way to get over self doubts and uncertainties generated by the uniform than by beating a guy wearing it. Though I expect if they go that way it will be Captain Falcon vs. USAgent, and Battlestar vs Winter Soldier. We'll see. Too early to do anything more than speculate.

Isaiah Bradley's scene was absolutely god tier. Id have loved for them to do this in a one shot 11 minutes short ot go into his history more. Maybe we can even get a flashback. When you hear that someone actually stopped winter soldier at this time to the point where Bucky still remembers it it really hits hard how much he's been screwed.

The rest of the ep was great too. Thought brining Battlestar in so quick was awesome but I'd like to see him get a costume upgrade. The actor is apparently in his 50s(!)

Ultimate Member

I don't see why not. No, not a big name villain in and of himself, necessarily. But he could/should have a bunch of powered goons for an action sequence. Certainly no more obscure than Agatha Harkness.

Alternatively, seems like a fairly simple pivot to Zemo as the final villain, if you that's more your speed. Bucky and Sam accidentally unleashing the real bad guy while trying to deal with the Flag Smashers fits the theme of unintended consequences running throughout the series thus far.

I'm honestly not expecting anything too swerve-y. The drama here is more about Buck and Sam's internal struggles with where they are in their lives than in twists and turns of a thriller plot, so far. Although that could be a point in favor of the final antagonist being John Walker. No better way to get over self doubts and uncertainties generated by the uniform than by beating a guy wearing it. Though I expect if they go that way it will be Captain Falcon vs. USAgent, and Battlestar vs Winter Soldier. We'll see. Too early to do anything more than speculate.
    Well, Agatha's probably a bit more important to the MU than Power Broker.

I think he could work as the big bad, but I was thinking Zemo would be the big bad of it all. He's no A-lister but has more history with them in the MCU and I feel that would tie into Sam's and Bucky's emotional storyline.

As for Walker, I like him more as a rival hero becoming an eventual uneasy ally

Other people's poor taste is not my concern. Not only is Laura Barton played by one of my favorite actresses, but I'm in that weird minority of people who think the Hawkeye's farm stuff actually makes AoU a better film. It's a bit random, that being the point, but it establishes Clint as the only member of the team who isn't a broken loner which is thematically relevant to the rest of the movie.
    Oh, I have nothing against Linda Cardellini. Loved her as Velma. I get what they were going for with the family but I don't think it's a better alternative to what we could've gotten with Clint.
    Quote Originally Posted by Toonstrack View Post
    Isaiah Bradley's scene was absolutely god tier. Id have loved for them to do this in a one shot 11 minutes short ot go into his history more. Maybe we can even get a flashback. When you hear that someone actually stopped winter soldier at this time to the point where Bucky still remembers it it really hits hard how much he's been screwed.

The rest of the ep was great too. Thought brining Battlestar in so quick was awesome but I'd like to see him get a costume upgrade. The actor is apparently in his 50s(!)
    I wonder if he got a Cap suit.

Quote Originally Posted by Toonstrack View Post

And, you know... A shield of his own.

spoilers:
    This was one of Dwayne McDuffie's points of contention when he had a conversation with Mark Gruenwald about Hoskins (and the choice at the time to make him, ahem, "Bucky").

I'm hoping that Sam brings it up, or somebody. Lemar is going to be shot at plenty, maybe even more than Walker, depending on who's doing the shooting. (I would just die if some version of that line were actually used in the story)

With Power Broker involved, hmm.. I wonder if Walker and Hoskins are going to get shot up with the serum. Maybe they finally intercept a shipment of those meds that the Flag Smasher were stealing. Uh oh. Side effects...?

More needed from Mr. Bradley. And I presume that the young man at the door is the future "Patriot". I'm just disappointed that Josiah is not seen. Maybe he's still alive. Also, Bradley's wife, who became muslim.
    Also, And my theory is that Battlestar was Isiah Bradley's code name during the Korean War. bucky seemed unusually triggered by it, when Hoskins said it. After all, looking back at traditional 1945-55 politics, all of the racists in the federal government would not allow a black man to publicly be "captain america". but to be a spy on secret missions, sure, "code name Battle Star".
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Hypestyle; 03-26-2021 at 12:25 PM.

That's your opinion. Others disagree.

Most women prefer men their age or older, leaning toward older. Many are repulsed at the idea of dating their own age or younger. Those are the type who want someone as established or more established than they are.

I'm 29, and I've been with women 21 years older and (recently) 7 years younger. Mutual interest. Older women don't consider me a serious long-term companion because I'm not someone they can present as being at their level socially when they have dinner with friends their age, but younger women do see that potential.
    I'm a woman who has dated a guy five years younger than me for almost six years. And I'm not rare at all in that. It depends on the maturity of the guy.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    I'm a woman who has dated a guy five years younger than me for almost six years. And I'm not rare at all in that. It depends on the maturity of the guy.
    Plus it's possible older men may have more outdated views on gender, and society as a whole, which may turn off younger women

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    And, you know... A shield of his own.

spoilers:
    This was one of Dwayne McDuffie's points of contention when he had a conversation with Mark Gruenwald about Hoskins (and the choice at the time to make him, ahem, "Bucky").

I'm hoping that Sam brings it up, or somebody. Lemar is going to be shot at plenty, maybe even more than Walker, depending on who's doing the shooting. (I would just die if some version of that line were actually used in the story)

With Power Broker involved, hmm.. I wonder if Walker and Hoskins are going to get shot up with the serum. Maybe they finally intercept a shipment of those meds that the Flag Smasher were stealing. Uh oh. Side effects...?

More needed from Mr. Bradley. And I presume that the young man at the door is the future "Patriot". I'm just disappointed that Josiah is not seen. Maybe he's still alive. Also, Bradley's wife, who became muslim.
    end of spoilers
    There's always season 2 .

Incredible Member

I was pleasantly surprised that the character Isaiah Bradley showed up, as well as being mentally aware (as opposed to his comic book depiction). I do hope that Josiah and Patriot will show up in the future.