Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Sounds interesting. I'd love to see the OG GotG from the '70s make a comeback (XD)

Thank you, K7P5V!

Yes, these guys were so great! They were the Originals!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    Can't remember but didn't it involve changing reality or something so that may have been why she was there. Didn't have much screentime.

Miss major victory and the classic team. Remember reflecta (was that her name?) the skrull girl member? Has she showed up in anything? Those classic covers are great. Also miss the galactic guardians team.
    That was Replica. I liked her but she was better on the Galactic Guardians team.

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Thanks, CaptainUniverse! Nice to know they're still remembered (T_T)

OMG! Would love to see more of Krugarr

On the Original team, I also like Nikki, Aleta and Talon.

The bottom scan was from the Galactic Guardians and they also fought the DD, who was combined with his other-universe self, so Super-Powerful Big Bad!

Why is NIKKI so small in that scan? I only vaguely remember seeing that page before.
    Would have been neat if Sharon Stone had cameo'd as Nikki alongside the RAVAGERS (who were really just the OG Guardians repurposed) in the mourning sequence for Yondu in the last movie.
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

It is, isn't it? Personally, I find the Marvel Universe a bit lacking without them in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    Why is NIKKI so small in that scan? I only vaguely remember seeing that page before.
    Would have been neat if Sharon Stone had cameo'd as Nikki alongside the RAVAGERS (who were really just the OG Guardians repurposed) in the mourning sequence for Yondu in the last movie.
    It's not really the Guardians. It's actually Genis-Vell (Starhawk), Captain America (Major Victory), Wasp (Nikki), Songbird (Aleta), Giant Man (Charlie-27) and Hawkeye (Yondu).
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

Ultimate Member

I'd love to see more of several of those listed in this thread, particularly Hank Pym and Rita DeMara!

Of the original Guardians, Nikki was always my favorite. Superhumanly agile acrobat, almost impossible to hit in hand-to-hand, very accurate with her wrist-blasters, and, oh yeah, in a space/future setting where everyone uses energy weapons, she's super-resistant to energy! She's pretty much built for fighting a bunch of Badoon with blasters! Aleta and Yondu were my next two favorites (although I prefer a team where Aleta *is* Starhawk, since two of them together and the drama between them kind of bored me).

For those under-appreciated characters not listed?

Finesse, of the Avengers Academy!

Songbird, of the Thunderbolts!

Meanstreak, Krystalin and La Lunatica of X-Men 2099!

How about--the misfits! Two versions of the team and both done after one issue!

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

How about--the misfits! Two versions of the team and both done after one issue!

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
    I never heard of the misfits---but looking at the pic, did one team have both Frogman and Toad on it?

I miss The Headmen!

And Xemnu the Titan!

It's funny, so many of the characters I'd usually put on this list had really great exposure in 2022, either in live-action, comics, or both: Elsa Bloodstone, Frog-Man, Tigra, and Jack of Hearts come to mind.

And definitely support some of the mentions on here, including the original Nighthawk, Hank Pym, Rita DeMarra, Songbird, and Triathlon/3-D Man.

To those I'd add:
    Razorback
    Blackjack (Ace & One-Eyed Jacquie)
    The Rangers
    Jennifer Kale
    Spitfire
    American Eagle
    Stingray
    Two-Gun Kid

I never heard of the misfits---but looking at the pic, did one team have both Frogman and Toad on it?
    Frog man. toad and spider-kid!

Also note that is the second of third appearance of squirrel girl and still goes for under $5!

Frog man. toad and spider-kid!

Also note that is the second of third appearance of squirrel girl and still goes for under $5!
    Thank you my friend.

Funny how Toad has so many different looks throughout the years.

JACK MONROE: NOMAD
    *Especially* the way he got done dirty in favor of OG Bucky as the Winter Soldier in the end...

Last edited by Thirteen; 01-21-2023 at 10:18 AM.

Tommy Shepherd: SPEED
    Overshadowed by his twin Wiccan and his romance with Hulkling, Wanda's OTHER son, the speedster, is often left by the wayside.
    Last edited by Thirteen; 01-21-2023 at 10:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainUniverse View Post
    It is, isn't it? Personally, I find the Marvel Universe a bit lacking without them in it.

It's not really the Guardians. It's actually Genis-Vell (Starhawk), Captain America (Major Victory), Wasp (Nikki), Songbird (Aleta), Giant Man (Charlie-27) and Hawkeye (Yondu).
    Damn! If he wasn't busy puttin' one over on Immortus, Yellowjacket could've been Martinex (XD)

Quote Originally Posted by Kaijudo View Post
    Razorback
    Totally agree about Razorback, especially if Taryn O'Connell is along for the ride (XD)

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    JACK MONROE: NOMAD
    To the utmost, I agree! Still hoping that someday he'll return as The Scourge (XD)

Last edited by K7P5V; 01-21-2023 at 01:18 AM. Reason: Made Adjustments.

Back when Jeff Parker was working for Marvel he seemed to have bigger plans for the Continuiteens. He introduced them in X-Men First Class then used them again in Thunderbolts/Dark Avengers. I'm fairly certain there was a reference to them in Agents of Atlas as well. I think they could be fun characters to explore.