Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Yeah, Rucka's Punisher WarZone is still an all-time favorite (IMHO):

I love Rucka.
    "Life is too short so love the one you got cause you might get run over or you might get shot" - Sublime

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by davew128 View Post
    One can only hope. I'm waaaaay past the suspension of disbelief of the odds of a character surviving what he does and not being killed and staying dead. Not to mention, that I never liked what he stood for.
    I think his story should have been finite and not this perpetually ongoing thing. In the RW he would have either died in a shoot out with the police or been sent to prison for life.

I think Marvel should retire him for a while because of how some of the QAnon types have embraced him. Just the other day I saw a bumper sticker of the Punisher logo with Trump hair
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    I think his story should have been finite and not this perpetually ongoing thing. In the RW he would have either died in a shoot out with the police or been sent to prison for life.

I think Marvel should retire him for a while because of how some of the QAnon types have embraced him. Just the other day I saw a bumper sticker of the Punisher logo with Trump hair
    Just awful. Frank would hate these people using his logo the way they do.
    "Life is too short so love the one you got cause you might get run over or you might get shot" - Sublime

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by InfamousBG View Post
    Just awful. Frank would hate these people using his logo the way they do.
    I'm surprised Marvel doesn't sue them but I guess that might give them too much attention. So I guess ignoring them is better.

Trump is such a wimp I don't see where they think he is this physically powerful guy.

I'm surprised Marvel doesn't sue them but I guess that might give them too much attention. So I guess ignoring them is better.

Trump is such a wimp I don't see where they think he is this physically powerful guy.
    If I was running Marvel I would come up with a great set of stories with Frank fighting these right wing nut jobs. See what they think of Frank then.

Eye-rolling bajuszbetyár The Invincible Beawulf's Avatar

Just found this article on BC: https://bleedingcool.com/tv/the-puni...atter-opinion/

Also, as I recall, Frank recently appeared in Scream: Curse of Carnage. He was hunting down a corrupt, pedo businessman, who had connections to Fisk.
    BL and comics fan. 🌈 ----- For those saying BL is "pandering to fujos! Too girly! It's fetishization!!!" --> https://www.fujoshi.info/ (a website with academic resources on Queer Media Studies in Asia and LGBTQIA+ history)

The queer body has been used as a battleground, has been criminalized, ostracized, and many times erased from their own histories. -- Alesha Byrne (University of San Francisco)

Quote Originally Posted by The Invincible Beawulf View Post
    Just found this article on BC: https://bleedingcool.com/tv/the-puni...atter-opinion/

Also, as I recall, Frank recently appeared in Scream: Curse of Carnage. He was hunting down a corrupt, pedo businessman, who had connections to Fisk.
    Wow I had no idea Jon B did that. Kind of sucks...actually it really sucks. Lost some respect for him now.

Incredible Member

Exactly. Lawsuits would actually increase the usage of the Punisher logo.

If I was running Marvel I would come up with a great set of stories with Frank fighting these right wing nut jobs. See what they think of Frank then.
    I don't think they read the comics. And like above, if mainstream news picks up on the story of these comics being written, then the use of the Punisher logo would just go up.

It's best to just starve this thing of attention.

Quote Originally Posted by hairys View Post
    Exactly. Lawsuits would actually increase the usage of the Punisher logo.

I don't think they read the comics. And like above, if mainstream news picks up on the story of these comics being written, then the use of the Punisher logo would just go up.

It's best to just starve this thing of attention.
    I have a original Punisher logo sticker on my car. Had it there for years. I really hope others don't look at me when I am driving or parked as I look at all the @$$holes out there.

Incredible Member

I have a original Punisher logo sticker on my car. Had it there for years. I really hope others don't look at me when I am driving or parked as I look at all the @$$holes out there.
    You'll be fine. The average person isn't hyperpolitical and even aware of this stuff. (That's why I advocate not bringing any more attention to it). You did remind me though re: lawsuits that if a policeman bought an approved Punisher sticker that Marvel sells and put it on his police car, that's not something Marvel can sue for. They can only sue if it's illegal merch.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt Busiek View Post
    Both of his appearances in THE MARVELS so far have taken place in the present day.

kdb
    Now that's another reason to buy it. Tradewaiting, though

I still have a thin hope for an ongoing series written by Christopher Priest, which, like his Deathstroke series, can take on the issue of Frank Castle's ethics, and how it can affect people close to him, as well as the somewhat-realer-world law enforcement reaction would be to him. Of course, in Frank's case, Microchip is deceased (that era where he turned on Frank, got skinny, and... sheesh..). There's nobody else in Punisher's case like children. Still, I'm sure Priest could invent an angle that would bring Castle in somewhat closer proximity to some folks on a recurring basis.

OMG! Priest on Punisher would indeed be an experience. Enjoyed Frank's appearance during the Priest run on Ka-Zar (1997):
    Last edited by K7P5V; 02-06-2022 at 10:00 PM. Reason: Corrected Grammatical Errors.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Invincible Beawulf View Post
    I'm confused. Did Jon Bernthal post the picture as a way to show support to the police unit? Wasn't he among the people who criticized the misuse of the Punisher symbol earlier this year?

Bwahaha. The world is so weird...