Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Not seen by myself, but I have talked with people with knownledge of the movie and have at least a dozen of sources for reference (people who saw it or their friends). I usually post about DC's test screenings in this thread, it's something I follow.

WB is distancing itself from Snyder's original plans (the knightmare stuff). Not the casts or past movies (except BVS, it seems). Ezra's Barry has at least 2 references to events of ZSJL spoilers:
    Iris knows him because he saved her, and Barry time traveled for the first time to save the JL in Russia
    end of spoilers. So they cherrypick from an alt. version of JL if it's needed.

Be more open minded, the movie is not that giant eraser is painted to be (except for the weird Batfleck/BatKeaton merger, lol).
    Understood - thank you for clarifying. I'm not saying it'll be a bad movie, I just personally want a Flash movie that's a solo venture. I probably will end up seeing it though, even if purely out of obligation, I just think with so many great Barry stories out there it's a shame to me that this is the one we are getting. I don't think two Batmans, Supergirl, and Zod should have any sort of important roles in a Flash solo, even if it is centered on Barry for the most part.

If you don't mind me asking - spoilers:
    As far as you know, are there any appearances from other Flash rogues or supporting characters?
    end of spoilers

I really want to read that Morrison script...
    Last edited by James Cameron; 07-31-2022 at 01:16 PM.
    love is the real "success."
    Free Palestine! 🇵🇸Ceasefire NOW!
    They/Them

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by James Cameron View Post
    Understood - thank you for clarifying. I'm not saying it'll be a bad movie, I just personally want a Flash movie that's a solo venture. I probably will end up seeing it though, even if purely out of obligation, I just think with so many great Barry stories out there it's a shame to me that this is the one we are getting. I don't think two Batmans, Supergirl, and Zod should have any sort of important roles in a Flash solo.

I really want to read that Morrison script...
    I get it.

I'd like it to read it too.

Quote Originally Posted by James Cameron View Post
    UIf you don't mind me asking - spoilers:
    As far as you know, are there any appearances from other Flash rogues or supporting characters?
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    No rogues, Barry's supporting characters are Nora and Henry Allen, he has scenes with them both as kid (flashback) and adult, Patty Spivot and another colleague are played by the young actors they announced long ago. I don't recall the names outside of Rudy Mancuso. In the Flashpoint timeline they are Barry's roommates. The killer of Nora apparently isn't a speedster (it was a home invasion), no mention of Reverse Flash
    end of spoilers

Edit: found the announcement, the other young actress was Saoirse-Monica Jackson: https://variety.com/2021/film/news/t...en-1234935705/

spoilers:
    she is Patty
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 07-31-2022 at 01:52 PM.

Superpets opening weekend will be about $23 million. Decent but below expectations.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Superpets opening weekend will be about $23 million. Decent but below expectations.
    I wonder if it's because of the damage to the DC brand or just opening at a bad time for theaters.

Astonishing Member

I watched it and enjoyed it.

The theater was not full.

GOAT? nope.

Fun? Yes!

I hope word of mouth encourages others to see this movie in theaters.
    Last edited by scary harpy; 07-31-2022 at 07:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I wonder if it's because of the damage to the DC brand or just opening at a bad time for theaters.
    I think opening after Thor L&T hurt it given both are action comedies and also Thor sucking
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I might suspect coming out now is bad because this was the last weekend before school started for some school districts.

I know we got about 40 starting tomorrow here.

Along with some charter schools.

So that probably hurt it a bit.

I saw it. I liked it. Nothing special. Brought my 6 year old son. He thought it was good.

I thought it was going to be a bit more funny.
    "Life is too short so love the one you got cause you might get run over or you might get shot" - Sublime

Animated movies have been destroyed in the post pandemic box office, like Disney and Pixar animation studios are basically on fire at this point. Yeah, Minions is making bank, but that's been the exception. Also, super hero animated movies have never performed that well, Spiderverse made 200 million less than the worst performing live-action Spiderman movie. The movie costs 90 mill to make, its not that big of a hole to overcome.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

There have been a handful of layoffs so far — along with high-profile executive departures like Warner Bros. CEO Ann Sarnoff and Warner Bros. President of Global Kids, Young Adults and Classic Tom Ascheim — in the first three months since the Discovery-WarnerMedia merger was completed, but the majority of cuts are expected to start in August and wrap by Thanksgiving. Thousands of workers are expected to be affected as the company deals with a “bigger mess” than initially expected.

With the last division reports on layoff targets reportedly due this past Friday, the trigger could be pulled at any moment. Mid-August had been recently rumored, but now there is chatter that the first batch could come next week. After that first wave, a second one is anticipated in September. Overall, the hope is that the majority of layoffs are made over the summer, and the goal is for the cuts to be over before the start of the holiday season.
    https://deadline.com/2022/07/warner-...gs-1235081582/

Another round of layoffs coming
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

It's never good news for WB at this point...

Still waiting WBD finds DC's Feige...

So another DC bloodbath any day now?

In all seriousness, as much as I detest what's been going on at DC/WB these days, I will never not feel bad for people losing their jobs like this. These folks have families to feed and this is just sad to see across the board.
    Last edited by Johnny; 08-01-2022 at 11:45 AM.