Page 167 of 782 FirstFirst ... 67117157163164165166167168169170171177217267667 ... LastLast
Results 2,491 to 2,505 of 11718

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    The blast took Sarada in the chest. Her armor absorbed some of the blow, but not enough to keep her from being blasted back. She slide to a stop, teeth clenched in pain. "Son of a bitch!" Despite the burning pain shooting from her chest outward, she kipped up to a kneeling position to assess what the hell was happening.

Unless her eyes were deceiving her, a form was holding Banefire, and it wasn't Chris. Chris was very much dead, much to her irritation. No, this was something else.

Perhaps the spirit that was trapped within the gun?

She didn't know and she didn't care. That piece of shit killed Jack, and she was going to make sure it regretted that. First, to test its abilities, she fired several ki blasts at the form to see whether it was intangible or not. Immediately after, she ran to the right to avoid retaliation.

One question that was running through her head was why the thing was screaming about a horn? Unless he wanted one of Ishtar's horns, there wasn't one there that they...

Wait! Asha'rah pulled out a horn of some kind. Could that be the one it was talking about?

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    It was a difficult thing for Ishtar, forming coherence of the maddening, rambling screams that filled her head at calling out to the twisted, Banefire. Yet after a short time she did manage to piece together four words, Give me the Horn. ... repeated over and again with such intensity that it almost drowned the Oni's own thoughts out entirely.

Though at least, Ishtar knew of the horn it seemingly lusted for.

A thing that Asha'rah had attempted to use, only stopping short at the arrival- or rather, the appearance- of the sister she could not remember having. What it was, or really, what it could do however, remained a mystery .. and was a thing the Oni did not plan on learning by giving it up. Not that it was hers to give, in the first place.

As Ishtar struggles with this however, there comes a decided shift in tempo. Held, and Ochazuke, and Asha'rah, all striking true with terrific effect to leave Chris the Knife á bloody smear. Yet even as he is, dead, dismembered, Banefire persists.

Blitzing forward, then. Ishtar waits until Sarada has severed the gun from Chris' arm, before scooping up Banefire with her metallic arm. Thanks to her defenses she should be able to hold the gun without falling away, at least until it could be properly secured.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    Though still dispirited, the death of Chris is enough to reignite some of his drive again. Sluggishly using the Zanzoken, Zaofan materialises behind the being holding Banefire, himself holding the Dragon's Breath in his own fist.

"Banefire, meet DRAGONFIRE!" With a mighty, fiery punch, Zaofan swings towards the center of the entity's back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    The gun and severed hand jerk and then fly up. As if heat haze rolled off it, a form appeared gripping the gun where the severed hand was.

Banefire was aware and awake and free.

Somewhat.

The gun raises and point blank shoots P-sta and Sarada, blasting them back.

“Horn!!!”
    Chris exploded in a shower of gore, dyeing P-Sta red from head to toe. Asha'rah would have winced in sympathy, had she not just witnessed Jack lose his life. A lifetime of redemption had lain ahead of him, now ended before it could even begin. Asha'rah ached for his loss, but nowhere near as much as Sarada had to be going through right now. Banefire had to be brought to heel, now.

A flurry of attacks rained were raining down upon him, and Zaofan in particular was too close for her to risk a big attack. Perhaps a distraction instead - something to force Banefire to put itself in a hopeless position. She reached into her robe and pulled forth what looked exactly like the horn the demon wanted so badly. In reality, it was but one of her orbs, masked by Visions in the Desert to look like the horn.

"Is this what you desire, demon? Have it then!"

She tossed the "horn" away in disgust in Banefire's general direction.

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Between them they stagger the heat haze looking entity, it’s form shifting and decreasing somewhat. Ishtar’s grab fails, but Adam surrounding the gun works for a moment before it lets out a large blast that blows the Android apart in various pieces.

It sees what Asha’rah did and like a madman howls as it dives towards the fake horn.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    in West City Praxat is walking thinking to her self saying ( wow I'm come a long way haven't I. when I first came to this planet I knew not of it's culture. I was a clueless pleasantly plump Toadian. I had no idea there were so many powerful beings on this planet at the time or that this planet was this advance. )

( the old me can't possibly fathom the power level I have now. we toadians are usually weak creatures. at most my species power level is usually only as high as 10 with the average being 5 however on this planet I met my master and he open my eyes to what is possible. he thought me martial arts , how to channeling Ki and most importantly then even though I was weak I could get stronger if I just train hard enough with a good work ethic . )

( hmm I herd there's a evil Saiyan running around I hope he doesn't like frog legs. frog legs as delicacy is the one thing I will never stomach on this planet. I know there not my species but still seeing people eat frog legs disgusts me.)
    Praxat, your ki senses have been going haywire for about the last half hour or so. Multiple high power levels, all higher than yours, had appeared several miles away. Only one feels of ill intent, but still, it is quite shocking.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Time stills almost as the crackling black bullet arcs towards the wounded Sarada. No one is close enough, save Etrina, to stop it.

No one but Jack.

In a swirl of ki and a muttered “Joker’s Wild” Jack appears and tackles the two girls down, taking the bullet in his shoulder and howling as it vanishes upon touching him.

Looking at Sarada, he smiles weakly.

“See ya around, spacegirl.”

And then Jack Knave disappears, his body simply breaking apart and vanishing into nothingesss.
    Contending with the salvo fired on the Lookout's deck, Ochazuke was occupied, expanding his sense-awareness towards Chris and returning fire with the Junjo Stunner. Through his heightened sense, he was well aware of all which transpired the expanse around him. Which is why he was able to mold his movements through Shoshin Hiei, narrowly twisting from the cold Hellfire bullets that ate through the fabric of reality.

Which was why when the shell bit into Jack's flesh and cast its disintegration spell, he knew there was nothing that could be done at this distance as the young man fell to dust, scattered to the wind before he touched the ground.

Which was why, facing forward, his back remained coldly turned from the site where the last One Arm Bandit from Cask fell, and so he pressed on towards their enemy in sharpened silence.

The gun and severed hand jerk and then fly up. As if heat haze rolled off it, a form appeared gripping the gun where the severed hand was.

Banefire was aware and awake and free.

Somewhat.

The gun raises and point blank shoots P-sta and Sarada, blasting them back.

“Horn!!!”
    The entropic rot Banefire left in its wake shed the pact of flesh as its new master fell and stood in a phantom form. Ochazuke's meditation field brushed aganst it, the length of his spirit clashing against this abhorrent shape.

Death in the air. Cold sweat seemed like blood seeping from chilled bone, the veiled eye of the Demon bared, exposed and twisting like a raw nerve.

Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post
    Charco doubled over as if stuck in the gut, his ki aura erupting his body like a wildfire. Those who could detect ki signatures would be able to sense that something was wrong, starting with the fact that Charco's signature was gone, instead replaced by something completely different, as evident in the fact that his usual green aura had dulled into a dark gray color. Something else was in control, something powerful and terrible. His core temperature dropped, his heart pumping chilled blood through his body and patterns of scaley flesh began to consume his form. His body went into overdrive, his nails extending out into sharpened claws and his hair lengthening to reach his waist. The transformation was complete with the sharpening of his teeth and the yellowing of his eyes, pupils shifting to suit the reptilian spirit.

"I should thank you for opening up that boy's eyes to truth of the world." The possessed Charco said, pointing to Banefire, "Unfortunately, while you came seeking an artifact, you've instead found the Strongest! Hopefully you'll be a challenge waking up for, because the Strongest Eats The Weak!"

A grape-sized orb of energy materialized before his extended index, only for the entity to seize it in his grasp before flinging it at Banefire. While easily more powerful than any Tyranno Blast Charco could produce, it was clear that this ki projectile was nothing more than a means to measure the corrupted pistol.
    Even as one foul, familiar thing reared its head, from the side another presence hidden in the darkness moved to strike out and assert itself.

One death was too many. He would not suffer a second young fool to lose himself this day. The older, ancient evil shed its mortal form; perhaps for Charco, there would still be time if the will he'd seen in these very halls was not entirely mitigated.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Falcon View Post
    Chris exploded in a shower of gore, dyeing P-Sta red from head to toe. Asha'rah would have winced in sympathy, had she not just witnessed Jack lose his life. A lifetime of redemption had lain ahead of him, now ended before it could even begin. Asha'rah ached for his loss, but nowhere near as much as Sarada had to be going through right now. Banefire had to be brought to heel, now.

A flurry of attacks rained were raining down upon him, and Zaofan in particular was too close for her to risk a big attack. Perhaps a distraction instead - something to force Banefire to put itself in a hopeless position. She reached into her robe and pulled forth what looked exactly like the horn the demon wanted so badly. In reality, it was but one of her orbs, masked by Visions in the Desert to look like the horn.

Closer and closer Ochazuke paced towards the battlefield and the crossfire of desperate clashing that seized on the spectral weapon. As Asha'rah made her gambit, he continued to concentrate his insight in unraveling Banefire's nature and synchronized his ki with its presence.

Mercenary wretch. He folded his hands together as he moved forward, preparing to strike against the violent energies. The appetites of an antique Raider wasn't enough.

Awaiting the twisted thing's reaction, the burning aura of Karura no Kaen lashed out around Ochazuke to immolate the atmosphere of fear. When it moved, he would strike with Saifa Kensaku, and by splitting its spiritual makeup make an effort to bind its movements.

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post
    "I should thank you for opening up that boy's eyes to truth of the world." The possessed Charco said, pointing to Banefire, "Unfortunately, while you came seeking an artifact, you've instead found the Strongest! Hopefully you'll be a challenge waking up for, because the Strongest Eats The Weak!"

A grape-sized orb of energy materialized before his extended index, only for the entity to seize it in his grasp before flinging it at Banefire. While easily more powerful than any Tyranno Blast Charco could produce, it was clear that this ki projectile was nothing more than a means to measure the corrupted pistol.
    Charco could be a weird one at times, but this was a new one. Charco was gone, and whoever was speaking through him was an entirely different person.

'Charco' was rambling on about the Banefire spirit had found the strongest one or whatever. Sarada didn't much care. All she wanted was for the spirit to somehow gain a more corporeal body so she could tear it limb from limb.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Falcon View Post

Between them they stagger the heat haze looking entity, it’s form shifting and decreasing somewhat. Ishtar’s grab fails, but Adam surrounding the gun works for a moment before it lets out a large blast that blows the Android apart in various pieces.

It sees what Asha’rah did and like a madman howls as it dives towards the fake horn.
    Whatever this creature was, it wanted this horn more than life itself. It fell for Asha'rah's obvious trick and left itself wide open. She held back and waited for whatever trap the goddess had planned before launching her own attack.

Which was much easier said than done. Every muscle in her body wanted to lunge forward and attack. A vengeful howl filled her lungs and begged to be let out. It took all she had to not give into the wrathful anger roiling inside her.

I have to stay calm! But, it's so hard to keep wanting to.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

That horn...

It was the entire reason Jack was slain. Whatever it was, there was no way in hell that Banefire would be reward for its efforts, Asha'rah's decision be damned. Vanishing into a blur of speed, Rex met the entity before it could seize the horn, appearing below in a low crouch, an uppercut ascending to the disembodied pistol.

"Who says you can have it?!" Rex spat, "Allow me to inform you that everything is mine, even this useless bauble!"

Adam splashes onto the surface of the Lookout, but in a second a magnetic pulse pulls it back together into it's usual form, silvery, androgynous, arms clasped behind it's back. "Your efforts to destroy me are futile, I am beyond death." As the gun moves for the horn, Adam magnifies it's gravity as much as possible.
    "Money and muscle, that’s what I want; to be able to do any damned thing I want and get away with it. Money won’t do that altogether, because if a man is a weakling, all the money in the world won’t enable him to soak an enemy himself; on the other hand, unless he has money he may not be able to get away with it."
    Robert E. Howard

Meagan sensed that things were about to come to a bizarre climax, which with this group is not all that unusual. Not wanting to complicate things any more, she held off getting involved but watched what was going on carefully. She especially watched the banefire creature, as best she could considering it's near invisible state. As she considered this, she felt something within her trying to awaken, but held it back. "Not yet" she thought to herself, give the others a chance first.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Adam increasing its gravity allows. Charco to uppercut the thing so hard it’s ‘heat haze’ body rips in two. Slowly reforming in the increased gravity, it suddenly stops and howls as Ochazuke severs the link briefly using his spiritual lightning attack.

The heat haze vanishes and the gun and severed hand drop to the ground, inert for a few brief seconds as Banefire recovers.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Adam increasing its gravity allows. Charco to uppercut the thing so hard it’s ‘heat haze’ body rips in two. Slowly reforming in the increased gravity, it suddenly stops and howls as Ochazuke severs the link briefly using his spiritual lightning attack.

The heat haze vanishes and the gun and severed hand drop to the ground, inert for a few brief seconds as Banefire recovers.
    The series of attacks on Banefire left the spirit reeling and the gun on the ground, inert and stunned. Sarada knew it wouldn't be over that easily, not yet.

Yet, this was an opportunity that she had to take advantage of. I wonder…

Reaching into her armor, she pulled out a capsule. Then, cautiously, she walked over and picked the gun up and placed it inside the capsule.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

The series of attacks on Banefire left the spirit reeling and the gun on the ground, inert and stunned. Sarada knew it wouldn't be over that easily, not yet.

Reaching into her armor, she pulled out a capsule. Then, cautiously, she walked over and picked the gun up and placed it inside the capsule.
    OT:

Huh.

Not going to lie, did not see that coming.

Well, okay then.

IC:

The gun vanishes into the Capsule. The technological marvel contains the old evil, but Sarada can feel it attempting to free itself. The Capsule will hold for now, but new accommodations will be needed soon.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

OT:

Huh.

Well, okay then.

IC:

The gun vanishes into the Capsule. The technological marvel contains the old evil, but Sarada can feel it attempting to free itself. The Capsule will hold for now, but new accommodations will be needed soon.
    Huh.

Sarada didn't know what she was expecting, but she didn't really think that would work. It did, to her amazement.

"Okay, I got it."

But, it would only be temporary. She could feel the demonic gun trying to free itself. If it did, this battle would start anew and they'd be battling a pissed off… what the hell this spirit was.

"But it won't hold. We need something better to contain it. And fast."
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Huh.

Sarada didn't know what she was expecting, but she didn't really think that would work. It did, to her amazement.

"Okay, I got it."

But, it would only be temporary. She could feel the demonic gun trying to free itself. If it did, this battle would start anew and they'd be battling a pissed off… what the hell this spirit was.

"But it won't hold. We need something better to contain it. And fast."
    Meagan quickly heads back inside Eva's 'Temple', back into the building and begins searching. She could swear that ther was something there, something she saw once before that could contain the gun, with the right spellworking.

When she returned a few moments later, she was carrying a really large, sturdy, empty, metal tool box. One big enough to hold the gun.

Placing the box near Sarada, "I thought this would be appropriate, assuming that one of us knows the right sealing spells to contain it for good."
    Last edited by Tami; 07-11-2018 at 05:24 AM.

Satisfied with his punch having at least some discernible effect, Zaofan leaps away to safety from his friends' incoming attacks.

OT:

Huh.

Well, okay then.

IC:

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Meagan quickly heads back inside Eva's 'Temple', back into the building and begins searching. She could swear that ther was something there, something she saw once before that could contain the gun, with the right spellworking.

When she returned a few moments later, she was carrying a really large, sturdy, empty, metal tool box. One big enough to hold the gun.

Placing the box near Sarada, "I thought this would be appropriate, assuming that one of us knows the right sealing spells to contain it for good."

Flipping back, Zaofan finds his trusty staff Bojack in the Lookout garden, having been flung there by Chris' bullet. He quickly grabs it and rushes to Sarada and Meagan, and jams the staff through the loop for the box's lock. "... the staff *should* hold, but the box and hinge are probably weaker. And we need to secure the staff someway!"

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    Satisfied with his punch having at least some discernible effect, Zaofan leaps away to safety from his friends' incoming attacks.

Flipping back, Zaofan finds his trusty staff Bojack in the Lookout garden, having been flung there by Chris' bullet. He quickly grabs it and rushes to Sarada and Meagan, and jams the staff through the loop for the box's lock. "... the staff *should* hold, but the box and hinge are probably weaker. And we need to secure the staff someway!"
    "You don't need to sacrifice your staff." Meagan holds up a large metal padlock, "Sarada, toss the capsule in the tool box, we'll close it up with the padlock, then hopefully we can find someone who knows how to cast a sealing spell. One even stringer than what was used to place Sasheem in his toilet."

With the capsule inside the box and the large padlock closing it shut after Zao retrieves his staff, it was ready to be sealed.
    Last edited by Tami; 07-11-2018 at 07:17 AM.