Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Who is Voyager?

Johnny is confirmed to have a big role. Another reason as to Voyager maybe being Valeria.

“Have courage and be kind. Where there is kindness there is goodness, and where there is goodness there is magic.”
    Cinderella

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by PaxHouse View Post
    Newsarama.com's Interview with TOM BREVOORT on AVENGERS: NO SURRENDER Weekly Series.

.......And yes, Mr. Brevoort is being evasive about Voyager's name, IMHO.
    Geeze. Are we already up to back tracking? We haven't even actually met her yet!

Whoo boy.

And yes I know they didn't actually SAY "HEY LOOK IT'S VOYAGER!" but that's the obvious take away from that poster.

Astonishing Member Ianbarreilles's Avatar

I look at the 'altered' historic cover of Avengers # 1, and I am struck that maybe Voyager looks like a possible adult Valeria.

But she also looks like a Black Swan.

Considering the Swans story, connection to Doom, etc. And the fact that everything in Marvel ends up being threaded to, connected to, other things.

my thought is she is a Swan and somehow this connection ties into the Secret Wars/Black Swans arc/plot, but also the BC Avengers and Legacy.

Maybe it is the secret that Doom is keeping as mentioned in the various blurbs for Fate of the Four?

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Valerie Vector... well, the first name is only one letter off from Valeria. Does the name Vector mean anything to the Fantastic Four?
    Or maybe is just a red herring. I mean, her name seems like a Valeria Richards and Victor Von Doom mashup, but I think it would be too obvious. And remeber thanan aproximation doesn't means a connection. just remember the "Oz" affaire.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by kilderkin View Post
    If only

I luv these
    Agreed

With celestials in legacy it's a possibility

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Valerie Vector... well, the first name is only one letter off from Valeria. Does the name Vector mean anything to the Fantastic Four?
    "In physics and mathematics, any quantity with both a magnitude and a direction. For example, velocity is a vector because it describes both how fast something is moving and in what direction it is moving." sound like the kind of science-y last name a member of the future foundation might take as an alias.

Valerie Vector
    Valeria Victor
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Yeah, really isn't surprising that the Newsarama article I linked to gave her the shortest odds, is it? A bit embarrassing for Marvel if it is her, because some people guessed it even before the alias was revealed.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

People on the internet are good at guessing these things. You want a reveal to make narrative sense and to not be a cheat by letting the audience guess it. I honestly thought it was her based on a name starting with a V, but the end of Legacy gave me an idea how it was possible. But the former is just a lucky guess if I'm right.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

I have an epiphany from reading this. What is the best way to "prove" legacy. What is the best way to deal with the whole "comic book characters never grow old" (apologies to Elton John) fixed/time lapse-thingee mcguffinisms?

And of course Marvel has done it before....

Take a character we know, who is caught in the fixed sliding time thing - and make her over into something new.

So you're right, its Reed and Sue's daughter. But I still think it could have something to do with the secret Doom has, and Secret Wars - Black Swans (less likely perhaps).

Rachael Summers was created whole cloth and brought to 'our' reality, but Valeria will be somehow altered to be the Voyager.

btw, I don't think this solves the age/non-aging issues or timeline stuff, but more or less to create "legacy"

If it is Valeria, then I wonder why she went back in time to join the Avengers. Has she avoided the FF as much as possible for some reason? Why did she go back in time? So many questions if it is her and I hope that they're answered.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Astonishing Member Ianbarreilles's Avatar

Honestly I really hope who ever voyager is revealed to be in the no surrender avengers crossover that the character will continue to be used and be of importance going forward especially since she may just be a new creation altogether but who knows the character may actually be revealed to be a very well established marvel superhero/character either way I hope voyagers fate will go beyond this crossover.

I agree with a lot of posters though voyager has a very significant possibility of being a older Valeria Richards.
    Last edited by Ianbarreilles; 09-29-2017 at 04:44 PM.

Someone else may've already mentioned this, but Valeria DID express an interest in exploring a specific universe and is talking about 'legacies' a lot. I could see Valeria inserting herself into past Marvel history as an adult just for that very reason.

If that's the case, though, I'd expect an 'event' series featuring Valeria--as Visitor--popping up within classic Marvel stories for 12 or so issues, learning whatever she learns but at the same time inadvertently screwing up Marvel history to the point that the heroes of the current time get involved (all culminating in a major or minor reboot of the timeline). She appears during Daredevil 181 and gets involved in Bullseye's fight with Elektra. She pops up during Cap's first run as Nomad. One issue brings her into Spider Man #121 during the Gwen Stacy thing. (forgive me for rambling, that's just what I would've pitched).

Either way, I'm intrigued, as I love retroactive history (as long as it's not overdone, and as some have pointed out, Marvel DID just recently do the 'Avenger X' arc).
    Read my free superhero webcomic, The Ill!

http://theill.thecomicseries.com/comics/540/