Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

https://www.cbr.com/wonder-woman-sil...doctor-psycho/

This is interesting. If this is true, I wonder what he will look like

Spectacular Member

I can't believe they did this awful thing to Kapatelis family.
    Julia is just dead? oh my

Quote Originally Posted by hkgkindaichi View Post
    I can't believe they did this awful thing to Kapatelis family.
    Julia is just dead? oh my
    It really turned me off. I was never a big "fan" of Julia or Vanessa but I'd have preferred this Silver Swan just be a completely different character, with the Kapatelis family left out of it entirely.

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    https://www.cbr.com/wonder-woman-sil...doctor-psycho/

This is interesting. If this is true, I wonder what he will look like
    Maybe, Captain Wonder will be making a return to comics, after all. It is a shame, about the Kaps.
    Last edited by Mel Dyer; 01-15-2018 at 08:02 AM.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

If the doctor does turn out to be Doctor Psycho it will leave me more convinced that either Julia is actually alive, or her death was not a "freak accident". I hope for the former though. I have no attachment to her, but I know she was a decent part of the supporting cast once upon a time and want it for older fans.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

If Doctor Psycho is involved in Julia's freak accident she's better off dead than a slave to Psycho IMO.

Whatever flaws Robinson may have, this is at least recognizable as Wonder Woman, and will help drown out the debacle of this week and whatever caricature that was.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

I'm tired of repeating this but DC's overuse of retcons especially for Wonder Woman is truly tiring.

DC universe needs more structure in my opinion. I think all of the writers need to read the actual runs for the characters before they decide to pick up a pen to start writing. Wonder Woman would never say you love her. You’ll marry her. But you’re here with me? Sounds like a side chick in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    If Doctor Psycho is involved in Julia's freak accident she's better off dead than a slave to Psycho IMO.
    I don't know. A slave to Dr. Psycho can be rescued and stop being a slave to Dr. Psycho. But dead is dead. (Well, it's a comic book, so dead is mainly dead.)
    Doctor Bifrost

"If Roy G. Bivolo had seen some B&W pencil sketches, his whole life would have turned out differently." http://doctorbifrost.blogspot.com/

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Bifrost View Post
    I don't know. A slave to Dr. Psycho can be rescued and stop being a slave to Dr. Psycho. But dead is dead. (Well, it's a comic book, so dead is mainly dead.)
    Dead for someone as somehow inconsequential to the overall narrative as Julia Kapatelis is dead.

I'd love if Psycho was responsible for all this mess, and just needed a pawn to be a thorn in Diana's side.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

On the plus side, this issue made it canon that Diana now knows how to play D&D.

Extraordinary Member

That was awful.

Julia Kapatelis gets Ackbared - the act of taking a much loved character and treating them to a disrespectful and meaningless death for the sake of expediency.

And Vanessa is now a full blown psycho murderer. Even Rucka didn't do that with her.

Meanwhile, Diana is telling Jason [why is he not dead yet] that he is still acting like he is a nobody. Since when does Diana consider anyone a nobody? Could have just said someone living in a small community, but no, Robinson had to go there.

I'm about to read #39, which has a good chance of being my last issue for a while.
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor