Page 74 of 113 FirstFirst ... 246470717273747576777884 ... LastLast
Results 1,096 to 1,110 of 1694
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dzetoun View Post
    And how do you know it’s not him? At this point, I think we know very little. For all we know, he could be Mister Scratchy. Although, if Agatha can give a random guy (or rabbit) super speed with just a wiggle of her fingers, Wanda is in a world of trouble.
    Maybe Agatha didn't want to be on the nose about bringing in her actual brother, whom she probably would not be able to control if he has a very close relationship with a version of his sister from whatever universe she plucked him from. A fake pawn is better than the real deal (albeit with a different face) if she means to have more control.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    The bug is a cicada. Which is possibly a different meaning than a fly. Cicadas usually signify renewal. Flies were used as warning of evil or death.
    Good call, that was definitely a cicada. I believe they have a seven year cycle. Symbolic of the blip, perhaps?
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Good call, that was definitely a cicada. I believe they have a seven year cycle. Symbolic of the blip, perhaps?
    How so? The blip was 5 years.
    HEY KIDS, (BUY MY) COMICS!! https://www.mythworldemedia.com/store

Quote Originally Posted by G. Boney View Post
    How so? The blip was 5 years.
    Well cicadas actually vary in cycle times. Anywhere from two to ten years is typical, with some much longer. But its probably overthinking it to get that deep into it. Might just be symbolic of resurrection or renewal. And, kind of a symbol of a plague, too.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Spectacular Member

Bear with me here...might be on to something..

There are symbols in Agatha's basement. And I don't mean the one everyone's posting about supposedly referencing Mephisto. This symbol looked very intentional.

AgathasBasementSymbol.jpg

It hit me last night. The symbol is similar to the one worn by Modred, though not exact. And Avengers #186/187 featured him and the Scarlet Witch. It also featured the Darkhold (For it too, the cover is perhaps more similar than other's we've seen of the Darkhold).

Capturjjjje.jpg

And that symbol...similar to Modred...but has a "C" under it? Well, in these issues Modred was serving an elder demon who possesses Wanda. CHTHON !

ChthonDarkhold.jpg
    Last edited by jtd; 02-22-2021 at 01:43 PM.

Spectacular Member

Modred's symbol:

Modred.jpg

Avengers186.jpg

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by marshal88 View Post
    thanks. Think I was predisposed toward it being a fly. Chton Mephisto thrown together with the Darkhold appearantly a thing^^

If that's really Peter from the XCU. Hope we get some huge showdown between Vision/Wanda vs Agatha and possible whoever else involved. While Peter get another time in a bottle scene. Saving any innocents caught in the way. Except Tommy's with him. Then Photon comes flying in surprising everyone that she can keep up.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    More likely symbolic of something that is long buried rising up to make itself known. On one level, trauma that has been pushed down and is now bubbling up and causing trouble. On another level, Chthon?

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    If that's really Peter from the XCU. Hope we get some huge showdown between Vision/Wanda vs Agatha and possible whoever else involved. While Peter get another time in a bottle scene. Saving any innocents caught in the way. Except Tommy's with him. Then Photon comes flying in surprising everyone that she can keep up.
    Gosh, I kinda hope not, actually. I like MCU Quicksilver who seemed to be able to move at subsonic speeds, fast but not ridiculous. But Fox Quicksilver was way too fast. He literally froze time (as he demonstrated by listening to music at normal speed, while the rest of the world was frozen around him) and was way overpowered. It's both narratively bad (in that the writers are going to have to find excuses for why his power doesn't fix every challenge before the rest of the team gets to blink), and also cinematically isolating, in that he has to zip into bullet-time to do his thing, while every other Avenger or X-Man stands around with freeze-frame 'Oh' faces.
    Last edited by Sutekh; 02-23-2021 at 01:03 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Apoc was actually able to stop QS and Photon should be able to have some answers for him. Barring that he's never had to go up against a magic user before.
    Last edited by CliffHanger2; 02-23-2021 at 01:26 PM.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

I'm loving the memes that All Along has spawned
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Immortal Weapon; 02-23-2021 at 02:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    More likely symbolic of something that is long buried rising up to make itself known. On one level, trauma that has been pushed down and is now bubbling up and causing trouble. On another level, Chthon?

Gosh, I kinda hope not, actually. I like MCU Quicksilver who seemed to be able to move at subsonic speeds, fast but not ridiculous. But Fox Quicksilver was way too fast. He literally froze time (as he demonstrated by listening to music at normal speed, while the rest of the world was frozen around him) and was way overpowered. It's both narratively bad (in that the writers are going to have to find excuses for why his power doesn't fix every challenge before the rest of the team gets to blink), and also cinematically isolating, in that he has to zip into bullet-time to do his thing, while every other Avenger or X-Man stands around with freeze-frame 'Oh' faces.
    They don't need to go straight time freeze just have everyone else moving in slow-mo except them 3. There are still clever things you can do with that if they aren't moving so fast time stands still. Have Peter go Pietro speed not XCU God speed. He's still moving so fast things slow down for him but things clearly aren't freezing.

@Cliffhanger

There's no reason Monica can't take him once she masters her powers. She has superspeed(Not on his level) but also has a wife variety of other powers to go along with it.
    Last edited by Midvillian1322; 02-23-2021 at 02:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I'm loving the memes that All Along has spawned
    This is hilarious!
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    They don't need to go straight time freeze just have everyone else moving in slow-mo except them 3. There are still clever things you can do with that if they aren't moving so fast time stands still. Have Peter go Pietro speed not XCU God speed. He's still moving so fast things slow down for him but things clearly aren't freezing.

@Cliffhanger

There's no reason Monica can't take him once she masters her powers. She has superspeed(Not on his level) but also has a wife variety of other powers to go along with it.
    Yeah as Spectrum she has all types of powers he'd need more than his speed to win.

Incredible Member

whatever may happen, I just want to go on the record as being "team agatha"