Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Now I understand where Young Justice got the inspiration for her design.

Well, that and DC Bombshells.
    Say what you will about Mera, she has rocked some truly awful looks over the years.

a32fb8081d00fe68dce7c54242216541.jpg

Speaking of Mera, Aquaverse has confirmed that for the upcoming movie, Mera's costume will be based on Sejic design.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    Say what you will about Mera, she has rocked some truly awful looks over the years.
    The entirety of 90s PAD era really was bottom of the barrel for these characters in many ways, but hot damn was it an aesthetic nightmare. Some really ugly stuff.
    Last edited by Flash Gordon; 01-08-2021 at 07:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MarFarr View Post

Speaking of Mera, Aquaverse has confirmed that for the upcoming movie, Mera's costume will be based on Sejic design.
    That's going to look RAD in live action.
    Last edited by Flash Gordon; 01-08-2021 at 07:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    The whole 90s PAD era really was bottom of the barrel for the characters in many ways, but hot damn was it an aesthetic nightmare.
    The PAD era was awful in all terms except for world building.
    Arthur was made to look like some middle aged man going after a teen(dolphin).
    Mera was mostly a no show, they brought her back when they realized what a disaster they made.

Mera was mostly a no show, they brought her back when they realized what a disaster they made.
    Didn't care for any of the world of PAD's AQUAMAN or its lore. I much prefer a heavy sci fi Aquaman mythos, not the sword and sandals stuff.

The stuff with Dolphin was horrid. Glad to see it in our rearview mirror, with some decades between.
    Last edited by Flash Gordon; 01-08-2021 at 10:21 AM.

They can confirm that so soon? I wasn't sure the movie was even in production.
    Didn't care for any of the lore or world of PAD's AQUAMAN but maybe as a fantasy book separated from the character of A-Guy it'd be fine.

The stuff with Dolphin was horrid.
    And she married Garth .

Yeah I think it's still in the real early production stage. Might just be a rumor going around.

And she married Garth .
    Aquaverse says that pandemic permitting filming starts in May. The Aquaverse is well informed and they have also anticipated that the sequel will be based on the Others. Trust them, they never fail on Aquaman.

She might have married Garth, but that Dolphin affair remains one of the low points of the Aquahistory. The art was horrible, the story sucked, Aquaman looked anything but Aquaman. Despite some credit it holds with a few fans, PAD era was horrible and partly responsible why Arthur's reputation suffered so much.

Yeah I think it's still in the real early production stage. Might just be a rumor going around.
    rest assured that its no rumor Aquaverse are very cautious and never post fake news or speculate. Even BC confirmed it.
    Last edited by Goldrake; 01-08-2021 at 10:53 AM.

Incredible Member

The stuff with Dolphin was horrid. Glad to see it in our rearview mirror, with some decades between.
    She might have married Garth, but that Dolphin affair remains one of the low points of the Aquahistory. The art was horrible, the story sucked, Aquaman looked anything but Aquaman. Despite some credit it holds with a few fans, PAD era was horrible and partly responsible why Arthur's reputation suffered so much.
    Okay I know this is a Mera appreciation thread (and she is a great character), but as a Dolphin fanboy I have to say this. The PAD run brought her out of obscurity and into a mainstream title. Without that we probably wouldn't have gotten her awesome reintroduction in the Rebirth continuity. So whatever faults it had I will always appreciate the PAD run for that.

As for the Aquaman relationship... yeah I understand why Arthur/Mera fans would hate it but let's be fair, they were separated at the time. Dolphin did nothing wrong there. And her feelings for him were true.

Quote Originally Posted by hareluyafan1 View Post
    Okay I know this is a Mera appreciation thread (and she is a great character), but as a Dolphin fanboy I have to say this. The PAD run brought her out of obscurity and into a mainstream title. Without that we probably wouldn't have gotten her awesome reintroduction in the Rebirth continuity. So whatever faults it had I will always appreciate the PAD run for that.

As for the Aquaman relationship... yeah I understand why Arthur/Mera fans would hate it but let's be fair, they were separated at the time. Dolphin did nothing wrong there. And her feelings for him were true.
    Not blaming Dolphin at all......I like her, but He looked a middle aged man(with a grown up son from an eskimo woman, another weird idea) going after an under aged teen.
    Mera and Arthur were separated because PAD had the "brilliant" idea to think that he could remake the entire characters. He saw Mera as a liability not as an asset, when his run began losing sales he had to go back and bring Mera back.
    He maimed Arthur with that stupid hook hand. Besides I still recall people laughing "what superhero loses his hand" or "He goes after teen age girls when he is old enough to be her father."

Abnett and especially Ksd made good use of Dolphin, in the proper way.
    Last edited by Goldrake; 01-08-2021 at 12:07 PM.

Mera has definitely grown on me over the past few years and I'm glad to see she has also become more popular as well. She is a great character who balances out Aquaman very well. I love seeing them together and think they are one of the best of the DC superhero couples.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Huge Mera fan checking in, I think she should be a League mainstay instead of AM.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    Huge Mera fan checking in, I think she should be a League mainstay instead of AM.
    While I agree that she should be more on JL, I don't agree that she has to take place of Arthur, they are a team, the biggest mistake is to try and overshadow one of the two at the expense of the other. They could take turns, someone has to look over Andy after all!!

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    I can totally vibe with that.

I'm a big believer in a 7 member JL. So Aquaman and Mera should easily be able to switch off depending on who's busy/answers the call. They both should be members.