Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: New Silk comic

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Why does Sony insist on taking characters with direct ties to Spider-Man and make properties using them in universes where Spider-Man doesn’t exist?
    They want to ride the shared universe wave and the only superheroes they had were Spiderman adjacent.

Plus they wanted a Spiderverse back in the Amazing Spider-Man days. It just happened later than they wanted.

How many characters came from Spider man universe alone like 500? 700? Sony has a lot of toys in their playbox
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

I'm cool with Amazon downplaying Cindy's connection to Peter. Her solo comic doesn't rely on it that much and it's easier to cut it than keep it. Or they could replace it with a different character/version of Peter.

Bring in Charlie Parker from the Spiderverse. He's the version where Peter grew up in foster care.

https://spiderman.fandom.com/wiki/Ch...er_(Earth-218)

If you're gonna cut Peter you should have some fun with it.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 10-23-2021 at 09:48 AM.

I guess this might be the closest we get to a Spider-Man TV show.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I guess this might be the closest we get to a Spider-Man TV show.
    Well a TV show's biggest advantage(for me) was a deep dive into characters like in Spec. Spider-man, w/out Peter or any other cast being here not to mention Cindy not being like she is in the comics(no set up, no characters ,etc.) for the most part it's gonna be a OC.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I'm cool with Amazon downplaying Cindy's connection to Peter. Her solo comic doesn't rely on it that much and it's easier to cut it than keep it. Or they could replace it with a different character/version of Peter.

Bring in Charlie Parker from the Spiderverse. He's the version where Peter grew up in foster care.

https://spiderman.fandom.com/wiki/Ch...er_(Earth-218)

If you're gonna cut Peter you should have some fun with it.
    Christopher Priest's take on a Peter Parker that was abused by his guardians and thus became a cynical street kid in the vein of pre-Robin Jason Todd, more-or-less the inverse of Peter as we first knew him, was pretty interesting.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Well a TV show's biggest advantage(for me) was a deep dive into characters like in Spec. Spider-man, w/out Peter or any other cast being here not to mention Cindy not being like she is in the comics(no set up, no characters ,etc.) for the most part it's gonna be a OC.
    They are probably going to have to expand a lot to make it work, especially when they'll have to rely on more obscure villains (I assume).

Extraordinary Member

They are probably going to have to expand a lot to make it work, especially when they'll have to rely on more obscure villains (I assume).
    Yeah, I think they might make one intertwined w/ her origin.Since she's missing all her lore w/ Peter, Morlun, Ezekiel, etc., god I hope they don't make Morlun her enemy.Morlun Peter works so well and I was lowkey hoping we get that in the third Spidey trilogy in MCU(take away the magic part).I'd hate if they rope Morlun into this.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Christopher Priest's take on a Peter Parker that was abused by his guardians and thus became a cynical street kid in the vein of pre-Robin Jason Todd, more-or-less the inverse of Peter as we first knew him, was pretty interesting.
    I'd be open to a follow-up miniseries for him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Yeah, I think they might make one intertwined w/ her origin.Since she's missing all her lore w/ Peter, Morlun, Ezekiel, etc., god I hope they don't make Morlun her enemy.Morlun Peter works so well and I was lowkey hoping we get that in the third Spidey trilogy in MCU(take away the magic part).I'd hate if they rope Morlun into this.
    They could always use the Brotherhood of Wasps. Silk should lead into the Totem stuff more.

They could always use the Brotherhood of Wasps. Silk should lead into the Totem stuff more.
    Better her than Peter. It would help make her stand out.

(Although wasn't that also kind of Anya's thing?).

Better her than Peter. It would help make her stand out.

(Although wasn't that also kind of Anya's thing?).
    Yeah but you could always bring Anya in the show. You could give them the friendship Cindy has with Spider-gwen. It's easier to use than jumping universes but fans have a fondness for Evil Cindy so it's 50/50. Plus she's a reporter so that's an easy hook.

Sharing villians isn't a new thing for Marvel and Spidey's got ton to spare.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 10-24-2021 at 08:10 AM.

Yeah but you could always bring Anya in the show. You could give them the friendship Cindy has with Spider-gwen. It's easier to use than jumping universes but fans have a fondness for Evil Cindy so it's 50/50. Plus she's a reporter so that's an easy hook.
    Spider-Man doesn't work with a bunch of Spider-People so just give them their own corner .
    Sharing villians isn't a new thing for Marvel and Spidey's got ton to spare.
    I guess it's a question of who they have access to.

Spider-Man doesn't work with a bunch of Spider-People so just give them their own corner .

I guess it's a question of who they have access to.
    Sony owns the rights so they have everyone. But Marvel's gonna focus on the A-listers so you'd probably have to go lower like Alistair Smythe, Overdrive, Boomerang, Looter etc.

This video inspired that answer.

Not gonna lie, Spider-Island would've been a good event movie for Sony if their movie verse was successful.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 10-24-2021 at 10:06 AM.

Her last mini was pretty damn awesome, so I expected a new series at some point. If the quality is as good as the mini, it should be fine.

They want to ride the shared universe wave and the only superheroes they had were Spiderman adjacent.

Plus they wanted a Spiderverse back in the Amazing Spider-Man days. It just happened later than they wanted.
    The problem there is it kinda falls apart when they’re using Spider-Man adjacent characters with no Spider-Man.