6 5.71%
  • Silver Sable

8 7.62%
  • Other

4 3.81%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Except that time MJ beat up Chameleon with a baseball bat. And when she shot Norman Osborn with a gun. And when she wore an Iron suit and zapped baddies like a pro in Civil War. And when she helped save NYC when she had spider-powers in Spider-Island. And when she saved her boyfriend Pedro with her webshooters during Goblin Nation.

Her alternate versions kick ass too. One version saved her daughter's teen boyfriend from a burning fire after just losing her husband and seeing his killer chase away her children and another version helped her husband and daughter beat down the egomaniac villain who was ruling their entire reality with a fist of tyranny. And of course, in at least two realities, she is Spider-Woman herself.
    And Ultimate MJ ran over Osborn with a truck .

Extraordinary Member

Except that time MJ beat up Chameleon with a baseball bat. And when she shot Norman Osborn with a gun. And when she wore an Iron suit and zapped baddies like a pro in Civil War. And when she helped save NYC when she had spider-powers in Spider-Island. And when she saved her boyfriend Pedro with her webshooters during Goblin Nation.

Her alternate versions kick ass too. One version saved her daughter's teen boyfriend from a burning fire after just losing her husband and seeing his killer chase away her children and another version helped her husband and daughter beat down the egomaniac villain who was ruling their entire reality with a fist of tyranny. And of course, in at least two realities, she is Spider-Woman herself.
    Oh, we're counting times MJ was awesome on her own?

Don't mind if I do!

- She's freed herself from the wealthy madman that had become obessed with her and then chased away Styx and Stone before they could kill her husband.
    - During the Inferno crossover event she lead a group of people to safety and saved Spider-man from the demonic version of Hobbgoblin by burning Hobby's face.
    - In one storyline she was confronted by a group of thugs while on the subway. She stared them down and they decided that it was better to just look for an easier target. In the same storyline she convinced a rampaging Morbius by reasoning with him.
    - When Jackal's manipulations turned Peter into madman that was trying to murder MJ she was able to break the mind control by appealing to the good man inside Peter, saving both of them.

As far as alternate versions go there's a Spider-man novel that has him fighting Morlun's family, this came out WAY before Spider-verse. spoilers:
    Spidey and Rhino take out two of the three that are hunting them. MJ takes care of the last one by running her over and beats her to death with a tire iron while quoting Macbeath.
    end of spoilers

Mary Jane Watson is amazingly awesome.

BANNED

All of it, in accordance with the character, as portrayed in ASM #127-128, the first story to focus on the character (written by its number one fan).

Quote Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post
    No, he doesn't. He needed all the ones he could find, back when he was almost an outlaw, but nowadays, having Avengers status an all…
    Yeah but back when he was an outlaw he survived without having a go to person on the police force which is what I meant, would it help the story maybe but it isn’t as essential as Darth is making out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    Sooner or later, Spider-Man will become a street level crime fighter once again.
    Says who for all we know Miles will be the street level guy going forward while Peter is more global.
    And what makes Greer special is that she fills a void left by Carlie Cooper and Captain Stacy whereby she's a Crime Scene Investigator with a background in DNA profiling(Microbiology).
    We are going round in circles here you are saying there is a void where I’m saying not because he has needed someone in that role and your answer is to say they could fill that void, what void seriously what void are they filling, peter hasn’t really had a partner in the NYPD. He had people with the rank and file that sympathized with him and people who would hear him out if he asked a favor but no really partner because he didn’t need it.

In addition, Greer could be featured in not only ASM, but in the pages of Silk, The Punisher, Spider-Woman, Daredevil, and Mile Morales: Spider-Man.
    She could be featured in all those books without being a part of spider-man’s world

Also, Greer was Spider-Man first heroine crime fighting partner who was anti-catwoman. She provides the perfect contrast to The Black Cat.
    You know I could be wrong but one team up does not a partner make. So your statement is subjective.

Quote Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post
    I'm betting much later.
    Ditto
    Quote Originally Posted by Mauled View Post
    And hopefully SOONER for the return of Felicia rather than this Caricature
    Agreed I want Felica on a heroes for hire team or even defenders

Agreed with this. She is one of the best characters in the Spidey verse and they are ruining her.
    Yeah because she has been a defender for crying out loud.

I’m not MJ’s biggest fan by a large margin but yeah she can be badass when she feels she needs to.
    Truth is the best policy

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by VolcanikTiger86 View Post
    Yeah but back when he was an outlaw he survived without having a go to person on the police force which is what I meant, would it help the story maybe but it isn’t as essential as Darth is making out.

Says who for all we know Miles will be the street level guy going forward while Peter is more global.

We are going round in circles here you are saying there is a void where I’m saying not because he has needed someone in that role and your answer is to say they could fill that void, what void seriously what void are they filling, peter hasn’t really had a partner in the NYPD. He had people with the rank and file that sympathized with him and people who would hear him out if he asked a favor but no really partner because he didn’t need it.

She could be featured in all those books without being a part of spider-man’s world

You know I could be wrong but one team up does not a partner make. So your statement is subjective.

Ditto

I’m not MJ’s biggest fan by a large margin but yeah she can be badass when she feels she needs to.

That needs to be sent to the Editors pronto

Astonishing Member

One can say the same thing about Spider-Man x Mockingbird, who only worked with Spidey one in Marvel Team-Up. Yet, Bobbi is going to make a few appearances in Spider-Man's world as his partner. Although, I would had liked to have seen Spider-Man & Black Widow working together than with Mockingbird as far as non Spider-Man created characters goes.

Since MJ is going to be part of Tony Stark's world, they might as well bring over the Black Widow into Spider-Man's world as she was originally an Iron Man(Tales of Suspense) created character. Thus a fair exchange.
    Last edited by Darthfury78; 09-17-2015 at 06:51 AM.

That needs to be sent to the Editors pronto
    Aww thanks could we add Dan Slott to the mail please.

One can say the same thing about Spider-Man x Mockingbird, who only worked with Spidey one in Marvel Team-Up. Yet, Bobbi is going to make a few appearances in Spider-Man's world as his partner.
    We know she is going to make appearances that doesn't mean that it is going to be a regular thing matter of fact I thought I heard that it wouldn't be. Plus it might not be good because we are talking about Dan Slott who many feel destroyed Felica and Mary Jane.

Although, I would had liked to have seen Spider-Man & Black Widow working together than with Mockingbird as far as non Spider-Man created characters goes.
    Right I think I heard that somewhere before.

Since MJ is going to be part of Tony Stark's world, they might as well bring over the Black Widow into Spider-Man's world as she was originally an Iron Man(Tales of Suspense) created character. Thus a fair exchange.
    No and I mean no even hell no Black Widow isn't a part of Tony's world anymore if anything she is more in cap if you want to suggest a swap I would say Pepper or Bethany Cabe.
    Truth is the best policy

Astonishing Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar

Yep, she was a member of the Heroes for Hire and she was a Defender. During 'Big Time' she was even wanting Spider-Man to put in a good word for her with the Avengers. Her heel turn just makes no sense whatsoever.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    Oh, we're counting times MJ was awesome on her own?

Don't mind if I do!

- She's freed herself from the wealthy madman that had become obessed with her and then chased away Styx and Stone before they could kill her husband.
    - During the Inferno crossover event she lead a group of people to safety and saved Spider-man from the demonic version of Hobbgoblin by burning Hobby's face.
    - In one storyline she was confronted by a group of thugs while on the subway. She stared them down and they decided that it was better to just look for an easier target. In the same storyline she convinced a rampaging Morbius by reasoning with him.
    - When Jackal's manipulations turned Peter into madman that was trying to murder MJ she was able to break the mind control by appealing to the good man inside Peter, saving both of them.

As far as alternate versions go there's a Spider-man novel that has him fighting Morlun's family, this came out WAY before Spider-verse. spoilers:
    Spidey and Rhino take out two of the three that are hunting them. MJ takes care of the last one by running her over and beats her to death with a tire iron while quoting Macbeath.
    end of spoilers

Mary Jane Watson is amazingly awesome.
    Not as awesome as Captain Marvel though. Or if you want to go badass normal level Bobbi Moore.

Quote Originally Posted by jimishim12 View Post
    Not as awesome as Captain Marvel though. Or if you want to go badass normal level Bobbi Moore.
    Who is Bobbi Moore?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    Who is Bobbi Moore?
    Bobbi Morse my bad.

Bobbi Morse my bad.
    I question the relevancy of bringing up actual superheroes when people are discussing MJ being badass. It seems more like you're seeking to diminish how badass MJ has been portrayed by going "But she isn't as badass as actual superheroes."

Nobody said she was. It just seems you want to diminish MJ because you don't like the character.

BANNED

I question the relevancy of bringing up actual superheroes when people are discussing MJ being badass. It seems more like you're seeking to diminish how badass MJ has been portrayed by going "But she isn't as badass as actual superheroes."

Nobody said she was. It just seems you want to diminish MJ because you don't like the character.
    Bobbi doesn't actually have super powers. I'm just making a relative comparison to the two when regarding contextual awesome prowess against villians and heroism. MJ falls short naturally of course.

Bobbi doesn't actually have super powers. I'm just making a relative comparison to the two when regarding contextual awesome prowess against villians and heroism. MJ falls short naturally of course.
    You're completely ignoring my larger point to take pot shots at MJ because she "falls short" on the "badass chart" in comparison to actual superheroes.

(Also, Bobbi has the super soldier serum in her blood.)

Incredible Member

Who is Bobbi Moore?
    This is the late, great Sir Bobby Moore

http://www.bobbymoore.co.uk