Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Default Each council member should have a team or represent a group

It seems we are close to this but not quite...

Seeing Apocalypse use random people like Banshee and Unus or even Rictor when he should logically still have followers or a team.

Apocalypse - shouldn't he have access to some of his ex-Horsemen? what about some of the Dark Riders? still would seem less awkward then some of the X-Men following him now.

Exodus - should be tons of Acolytes on Krakoa waiting to be used?

Magneto - well there's Lorna and whatever she's doing. he's had plenty of followers throughout the years as well. maybe Pietro if that situation ever gets fixed....

Sinister - there's the current Hellions and the legacy Marauders. how about getting to see our old Nasty Boys again? I still have a soft spot for them after X-Men the animated series.

Mystique - obviously there's Brotherhood members who are still around like Toad, Blob, and Pyro. Avalanche has to be around. maybe Super Sabre or Stonewall go brought back? Crimson Commando? give Phantazia something to do.

Shaw - assuming he sticks around obviously there's Leland? any other ex Inner Circle people. maybe would be cool for some of Shinobi's old allies to pop back up. even the Upstarts.

Emma - the original Hellions and Gen X kids?

Kate - well she has her current Marauders.

Jean/Storm/Kurt - there's too many X-Men here. Jean or Storm could be it. It'd be really cool to have Sam/Berto swap in and let the New Mutants era have a representative. the Morlocks really need a voice too after all they've been through. I guess Storm could be it but I think Callisto should get a seat.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Whim View Post
    It seems we are close to this but not quite...

Seeing Apocalypse use random people like Banshee and Unus or even Rictor when he should logically still have followers or a team.

Apocalypse - shouldn't he have access to some of his ex-Horsemen? what about some of the Dark Riders? still would seem less awkward then some of the X-Men following him now.

Magneto - well there's Lorna and whatever she's doing. he's had plenty of followers throughout the years as well. maybe Pietro if that situation ever gets fixed....

Sinister - there's the current Hellions and the legacy Marauders. how about getting to see our old Nasty Boys again? I still have a soft spot for them after X-Men the animated series.

Mystique - obviously there's Brotherhood members who are still around like Toad, Blob, and Pyro. Avalanche has to be around. maybe Super Sabre or Stonewall go brought back? Crimson Commando? give Phantazia something to do.

Shaw - assuming he sticks around obviously there's Leland? any other ex Inner Circle people. maybe would be cool for some of Shinobi's old allies to pop back up. even the Upstarts.

Kate - well she has her current Marauders.

Jean/Storm/Kurt - there's too many X-Men here. Jean or Storm could be it. It'd be really cool to have Sam/Berto swap in and let the New Mutants era have a representative. the Morlocks really need a voice too after all they've been through. I guess Storm could be it but I think Callisto should get a seat.
    I totally agree. Apocalypse getting random mutants do his bidding is totally out of character. He is much more strategic than that with or without the council’s consent. There should be different factions within Krakoa working together but with differing goals and ulterior motives.

3rd.

We have no idea what lots of missing mutants are doing and while its clear the majority of the work in Establishing Krakora has been by the X-Men, other groups should want to get involved and seek power especially through the QA. It's weird to just see those boundaries mostly disappear over just a few months with no growing pains; it does not feel organic.

Also yes it is icky that X-Men just keep doing whatever Apocalypse wants. Excalibur Syndrome. ;_;

I'm going to disagree, but only because I've been enjoying the random teams these last few issues. It really drives home that mutants are a united front and not several factions living under one roof.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Incredible Member

I’d love to have a galore of X-titles/minis with mutant teams we had never seen in x-titles before. This is an interesting road we could have now under Hickmans era.

Acolytes - lead by magneto, with polaris, fabian, amelia, unuscione etc
    Marauders - sinister, greycrow, vertigo, sabretooth, arclight etc
    Dark riders - apocalypse, archangel, gauntlet (I know that must of the dark riders are inhumans though)
    Brotherhood - Mystique, Pyro, Toad, Phantazia, Avalanche, Blob
    Morlocks - storm, callisto, marrow and other morlocks
    Hellfire Club- shaw, donald, selene, etc
    Hellions - emma, Hellion, empath, tarot etc
    X-men - xavier, cyclops, wolverine etc
    Excallibur - betsy, meggan, nightcrawler, Syrin, rogue, gambit
    X-force - cable, domino, warpath etc
    X-factor -multiple man, monet, Quicksilver, wolfsbane, layla miller etc
    New Mutants - magik, cannonball, mirage, sunspot, magma, karma etc

The point of Krakoa is that now they are united

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Askani5 View Post
    I totally agree. Apocalypse getting random mutants do his bidding is totally out of character. He is much more strategic than that with or without the council’s consent. There should be different factions within Krakoa working together but with differing goals and ulterior motives.
    Does Apocalypse even have any ex horsemen that DON'T hate his guts? And let's not forget that this was a volunteer Mission first and foremost which means apocalypse put out the call and these mutants said "sure we'll help with the rescue mission." I also disagree that apocalypse using any and all resources at his disposal is out of character.

Ultimate Member

On the one hand, it suits my OCD that the Quiet Council be all neatly divided into historical factions...

Quote Originally Posted by Whim View Post
    And, then there's the other hand, where Apocalypse has a history of discarding his followers/Horsemen the cold second they fail him or get beaten or 'are weak and unfit' in his eyes, and at least half of his ex-Horsemen were made so against their will and can't stand his gray guts at this point, so I can totally see him *NOT* having a ton of faithful ex-flunkies chomping at the bit to work for him again.

He's kind of the boss from hell. And anyone that survived one serving of that might not want seconds.

True, although it's hard to say whether they ever saw him as a true leader, or just as Magneto's mouthpiece (or have moved on to seeing some of their own, like Frenzy or Unuscione, as more 'one of us' type leaders and not distant and forgetful a-little-bit-touched-in-the-head messiah-types).

And contestant number two on the 'nobody wants to work for this schmuck twice' show. Work for this guy, get murdered, and he pumps out your clone to serve him next, until he gets that one killed too. There's no dental plan that's gonna make me sign up for this job.

You were killing me, until you mentioned Phantazia, and now I want this, at least.

Lourdes Chantal, accept no substitutes! But yeah, maybe Leland as well. Probably not too many Shinobi's friends, because Shaw would find them beneath him.

Hell yes. We haven't seen any of Emma interacting with the resurrected Hellions, which were the number one trauma leading to her face turn from Hellfire Club to Generation X co-headmistress, so it's like one of her biggest story beats, and pfft. Nuthin.' Criminal!

Dani should be repping the New Mutants generation, IMO, but at least Doug and Ilyanna, while not part of the O5 New Mutants, are in the heirarchy as voice of Krakoa and Captain, respectively. And yeah, the Morlocks could use a voice, but it's also been suggested that at least some of the Morlocks are avoiding Krakoa and living in a gated community in Arizona instead.

The Mutant Liberation Front and Mutant Force are two other factions not seeing any representation, although who'd lead them is unclear. Cable, standing in for Stryfe, could rep the former (or Tempo or Dragoness, who seem the most leader-like of the MLF), and I don't even know for Mutant Force (perhaps Mentallo, a longterm independent mutant who later joined them in their 'Resistants' incarnation?).

In any event, there's what makes sense, logically, and what happens, organically, as life is so much messier than what 'makes sense' as perfect candidates turn out to have no desire to take on a position, or no ability to function in that role, and factions turn out to be utterly a mess and incapable of even finding a leader to present a unified voice because they can't decide on a position (and thus become irrelevant), and all sorts of characters have cross-pollinated across so many different teams and factions that it's a complete cluster to decide where they'd go.

Example: Is Frenzy an Apocalypse-minion, where she started, or an Acolyte, where she hung for a bit, or a Genoshan rep, cause she was Ambassador to the UN for Genosha, or an actual X-Man, cause she's been that, twice, for about six minutes total? Who knows! And, under the current paradigm, she doesn't have to choose whether Apocalypse or Exodus or Magneto or Jean is 'representing' her, since, really, they *all* should be, since the twelve aren't really representing specific 'factions,' so much as just being twelve significant mutants with generally diverse viewpoints, in a vague attempt at providing a diversity of mutant opinions, as I understand it.

I kinda see the twelve as the 'Founding Fathers' of this fledgling mutant nation. Everyone didn't get to vote on these first peeps, because the whole government was still being nailed down. Eventually it would change, and, IMO, eventually Krakoa's government structure is going to evolve. Maybe, if they last another 10 years, there will be an island-wide vote for each of the twelve council-seats, and factions will hold specific seats. Perhaps it'll all go to hell before we get to see that sort of legislative minutiae (which, frankly, doesn't sound terribly compelling to me).
    Last edited by Sutekh; 09-25-2020 at 03:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    The point of Krakoa is that now they are united
    Getting a group of people that are used to fighting and killing each other to act united should not be easy. That Krakoa has managed this in only a couple of months (or whatever Marvel time) is kinda ridiculous.

There should be factions and more boundaries on the island.

No because they are nation everyone works together not tribes

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

That's 12 damn teams.

No.
    "Cable was right!"

Incredible Member Lady Midnight's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by crimsontt View Post
    I’d love to have a galore of X-titles/minis with mutant teams we had never seen in x-titles before. This is an interesting road we could have now under Hickmans era.

Acolytes - lead by magneto, with polaris, fabian, amelia, unuscione etc
    Marauders - sinister, greycrow, vertigo, sabretooth, arclight etc
    Dark riders - apocalypse, archangel, gauntlet (I know that must of the dark riders are inhumans though)
    Brotherhood - Mystique, Pyro, Toad, Phantazia, Avalanche, Blob
    Morlocks - storm, callisto, marrow and other morlocks
    Hellfire Club- shaw, donald, selene, etc
    Hellions - emma, Hellion, empath, tarot etc
    X-men - xavier, cyclops, wolverine etc
    Excallibur - betsy, meggan, nightcrawler, Syrin, rogue, gambit
    X-force - cable, domino, warpath etc
    X-factor -multiple man, monet, Quicksilver, wolfsbane, layla miller etc
    New Mutants - magik, cannonball, mirage, sunspot, magma, karma etc
    Magneto and Cortez will be joining S.W.O.R.D
    Greycrow has chosen to distance himself from the other Marauders, the name is being used by another group. Vertigo is not a mutant, Sabertooth is in the Pit of Exile.
    The Morlocks have been moved off Krakoa
    Donald Pierce is a cyborg who intends to kill mutants

Ooh, ya. Maybe not a team but a staff.

Also between Kurt/Jean/Storm Kurt is last one that should leave. Especially if he actually does start a mutant religion. He provides a unique philosophical perspective that no one else on the council does. Jean and Storm are far more redundant then Kurt there.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 09-25-2020 at 10:37 AM.

I like the idea of the council interacting with mutants that we’ve yet to see together, you know mix it up a bit? Who would you like to see as an assistant/ staff for each council member? They don’t have to have the same power set.

Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Ooh, ya. Maybe not a team but a staff.
    They really should!

And I really, really want Gorgon and Scott to assign Kurt some security (for some spurious reason) and he comes strolling back to his habitat, eight hours after teleporting out, to find them still sat outside ‘guarding’ him...

You could have so much fun with The Council.