Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

So we are talking about ... https://community.cbr.com/showthread...t-Appreciation

+

We even have the live action cast already assembled, to give them their own spin-off show! Just Vibe (on behalf of J'onzz) has to jump from each, to bring the team together.
    Last edited by Güicho; 10-30-2019 at 01:20 PM.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

I honestly agree with the idea that the Titans should be seen as the "B team," though I don't like the idea of them being entirely lesser, because they aren't, and some of them are even on the level with their "mentors" or are arguably better than them. So to start, they would work together with the primary Justice League but be for the most part autonomous. They don't take orders from the older leaguers and for that matter they are not afraid to basically tell them to **** off. They are their own team. That said, I think the roster looks something like...

Nightwing
    Flash - Wally
    Donna Troy
    Cyborg
    Starfire
    Tempest
    Omen
    Green Lantern - Kyle
    Bumblebee
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Ultimate Member

Hard to choose between the lesser used Justice League members like Vixen and Booster, Green Arrow and Black Canary, and Titans like Nightwing and Donna Troy, Bumblee and Roy Harper.

I'd want both, being greedy, 'cause I love some of the less-used Leaguers (Hawkwoman! Black Lightning! Ice(maiden)!), *and* I'm also a big fan of Titans (Aqualad! Kole! Duela Dent! Wait, just me then?).

OTOH, a team with Nightwing and Vixen as co-leaders could be interesting, with some combination of the two. A few League stalwarts (Black Canary, Booster Gold) and a few Titans (Roy Harper, Bumblebee) and then someone who barely got any play back in the day like Element Woman or Damage or something.

BANNED

Green Lantern (Simon Baz)
    Hawkman
    Green Arrow
    Black Canary
    Mr. Miracle
    Bid Barda
    Nightwing
    Starfire
    Booster Gold
    Blue Beetle
    Orion

Vixen
    Booster Gold
    Mister Miracle
    Nightshade
    Bumblebee
    Frankenstein
    Firestorm

With the main League focusing on universe-shattering threats, incidents that risk tearing apart the fabric of reality, they're probably to occupied to handle things like the next scheme by Felix Faust, or dealing with the latest invasion at the hands of Garguax. This is the team that handles the more...street level is the wrong wording...but the more day-to-day cases of villainy vs. the more metaphysical unraveling the core of the universe.

Justice League Whatever

GL- John Stewart
    Vixen
    Mera
    Zatanna
    Atom- Ryan Choi
    Black Canary
    Black Lightning
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Quote Originally Posted by Kaijudo View Post
    Vixen
    Booster Gold
    Mister Miracle
    Nightshade
    Bumblebee
    Frankenstein
    Firestorm

With the main League focusing on universe-shattering threats, incidents that risk tearing apart the fabric of reality, they're probably to occupied to handle things like the next scheme by Felix Faust, or dealing with the latest invasion at the hands of Garguax. This is the team that handles the more...street level is the wrong wording...but the more day-to-day cases of villainy vs. the more metaphysical unraveling the core of the universe.
    Well forget my garbage lineup, this is great. I love that you added Bumblebe
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

BANNED

I wouldn't have anybody on it, because I wouldn't have a Justice League B team for two reasons:

a) This concept doesn't sell, and for good reason. Who wants to see a bunch of second stringers?

b) I don't like the idea of the concept. I believe the Justice League should be DC's greatest heroes. That's all. I don't think there should be a B squad, and I don't think every single hero should be in the Justice League like Justice League Unlimited.

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    Well forget my garbage lineup, this is great. I love that you added Bumblebe
    Thanks! She's always been a favorite of mine. Definitely think she's League-worthy.

And your line-up was hardly garbage. I'd read a book with that line-up.
    Last edited by Kaijudo; 08-22-2019 at 04:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vampire Savior View Post
    I wouldn't have anybody on it, because I wouldn't have a Justice League B team for two reasons:

a) This concept doesn't sell, and for good reason. Who wants to see a bunch of second stringers?

b) I don't like the idea of the concept. I believe the Justice League should be DC's greatest heroes. That's all. I don't think there should be a B squad, and I don't think every single hero should be in the Justice League like Justice League Unlimited.
    Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

I'm genuinely asking, anyone ever tell you you're a little self-serious?
    Last edited by lemonpeace; 08-22-2019 at 06:05 PM.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Black Canary (leader)
    Big Barda
    Mr Miracle
    Batwoman
    Hawkgirl
    Supergirl
    Bunker

I struggled to pick a team that didn't feel too much like the Outsiders or Titans. Other close choices were Obsidian, Brainwave Jr and Dr Light (Kimiyo)

I'd have Nightwing lead a team that could possibly give the A team a run for their money. Even though he's younger than all of them, they've seen him grow into a man capable of leading the next generation of heroes. I could see this group having a family feel as well.

Nightwing
    Green Lantern - Hal Jordan
    Hawkman
    Martian Manhunter
    Mera
    Starfire
    Green Arrow
    Black Canary

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kaijudo View Post
    Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
    ^ This is how the market typically responds to these types of teams. Justice League Dark and Justice League Odyssey will probably wrap up sooner rather than later, due to lack of interest, just like the last incarnation of Justice League America before them, and several other B Justice League teams. None of them seem to have much staying power, rather as individual books or as concepts in general.
    Last edited by Vampire Savior; 08-22-2019 at 10:40 PM.

^ This is how the market typically responds to these types of teams. Justice League Dark and Justice League Odyssey will probably wrap up sooner rather than later, due to lack of interest, just like the last incarnation of Justice League America before them, and several other B Justice League teams. None of them seem to have much staying power, rather as individual books or as concepts in general.
    That's a ridiculously myopic outlook. You're certainly entitled to your opinion (which is all your statement is), but history shows otherwise. Maybe the most recent attempts have only had mid-20s to mid-30s runs, but you never know when just the right combo is going to hit with readers. Fortunately, most people see the value in using characters who don't have superbatwonderaqualanternflash in their names.