View Poll Results: Was Cyclops already over Jean before Emma came along?

Voters
131. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

27 20.61%
  • No

59 45.04%
  • It's complicated.

45 34.35%
Page 28 of 35 FirstFirst ... 18242526272829303132 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    That is the end of relationship. It was more gracious than Maddie or Jean cases
    I really don't see how domestic abuse and supervillainy is gracious.

Ah yes, the Queseda "dead means dead" era...except for Colossus, Psylocke, Magneto, Illyana...

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    I really don't see how domestic abuse and supervillainy is gracious.
    more gracious than cheating

Quote Originally Posted by Omega_DCD View Post
    Ah yes, the Queseda "dead means dead" era...except for Colossus, Psylocke, Magneto, Illyana...
    Quesada was really having fun doing it to Jean fans. Some months after Jean died, Colossus was back. Really big thanks to Whedon

Are we really going back into "cheating is worse than murder, genocide, rape, and assault" mode?

So you would have been okay with the Morrison run if Scott had tried to murder Jean, choked her to the brink of death, and left her for dead, but didn't cheat on her?

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    I've read the whole run. Their relationship is the polar opposite of "perfect". It is severely strained throughout. There's more strain in the first 20 issues than in Scott and Jean's relationship between 1961 and 1984 combined.

I could call it "realistic" but not "ideal" or "perfect" or even "romantic".
    Well he stil had them says "i love u" to each other. That seems romantic enough, the problem is that Whedon can't write romance. Look at bruce and natasha, Spuffy

Well he stil had them says "i love u" to each other. That seems romantic enough, the problem is that Whedon can't write romance. Look at bruce and natasha, Spuffy
    Jean said I love you several times to Logan while married. Words are one thing. Actions are another. And every action in that run was a relationship on the verge of collapse at any given moment.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

I hate Morrison's run. Nobody remembers anything of the long and beautiful story between Jean and Scott, only the story that screwed their relationship.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    I hate Morrison's run. Nobody remembers anything of the long and beautiful story between Jean and Scott, only the story that screwed their relationship.
    Clairemont killed Jean the first time. Nobody calls Clairemont a hack or the worst writer ever. Because editorial brought her back in a fairly short time frame, after Maddie was a huge failure.

I don't blame Morrison. I blame Quesada and editorial.

It is sad, it is like for example all the times someone says that Emma is a villain because she was one at some point, but it doesn't mean that is everything she is.
    That is how i feel about this story. I love Jean, I also like Scott a lot, they both are my OTP but it is kinda sad that the only thing people judge or think about it is their break up.
    They can be an amazing couple

Clairemont killed Jean the first time. Nobody calls Clairemont a hack or the worst writer ever. Because editorial brought her back in a fairly short time frame, after Maddie was a huge failure.

I don't blame Morrison. I blame Quesada and editorial.
    Claremont didn't wanted to kill Jean, it was Shooter idea.

I stopped not claming writers, specially the ones like Morrison that could had done better and didn't. He could had just not did it, he was already with a contract iwth DC

Claremont didn't wanted to kill Jean, it was Shooter idea.

I stopped not claming writers, specially the ones like Morrison that could had done better and didn't. He could had just not did it, he was already with a contract iwth DC
    So when it's a death of Jean you like, you blame editorial, but when it's a death you don't like, you blame the writer.

Interesting.

So when it's a death of Jean you like, you blame editorial, but when it's a death you don't like, you blame the writer.

Interesting.
    Claremont wrote the best Jean story, on eof the most iconincs on comics. He even tried to being her back when Morrison killed her, just a gentleman
    and he didn't bandoned the comics to go writer batman/superman. Morrison simply didn't cared

Are we really going back into "cheating is worse than murder, genocide, rape, and assault" mode?

So you would have been okay with the Morrison run if Scott had tried to murder Jean, choked her to the brink of death, and left her for dead, but didn't cheat on her?
    At least that way Scott would be the bad guy instead of absolute leader of X-men

He even tried to being her back when Morrison killed her
    When/How?
    I honestly don't remember.

Look, as somebody who has been in a position fairly similar to Jean's myself, there's no world in which abuse is better than cheating.

Incredible Member

Jean said I love you several times to Logan while married. Words are one thing. Actions are another. And every action in that run was a relationship on the verge of collapse at any given moment.
    Jean told Logan she loved him several times while married? Where was that? Specifics. Never read anything about anyone seriously tryng to bring Jean back after Morrison. Saw Carey say he might lke to do t, but didn't want to tamper with the great story Morrison did.

Her staying dead all those years s not on Morrison. Not just Quesada, though. How many years has he been out of the EIC position? Out of directly overseeing the montky comics. I also don't buy the often posted accusation that Morrison was ordered to kill her I think he was pretty much allowed to do what he wanted with her character, all the characters he handled, untl he left. Then the stuff they couldn't abide that he did, they undid.