Page 149 of 271 FirstFirst ... 4999139145146147148149150151152153159199249 ... LastLast
Results 2,221 to 2,235 of 4051

I still think maybe at the end of the issue Wanda will show up and solve things. Seems pointless to even go back to her and have that scene after she hasn't been involved in the mini since the intro if there's no payoff.

That said, those panels did leave a bad taste in my mouth. Wanda being lectored by Strange about how dumb her attempt was is tragic.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    yeah, Empyre: X-Men 4 is out next week, so we can see whether Hickman has thrown Wanda out the bus or pulled her back at the last moment
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    I still think maybe at the end of the issue Wanda will show up and solve things. Seems pointless to even go back to her and have that scene after she hasn't been involved in the mini since the intro if there's no payoff.

That said, those panels did leave a bad taste in my mouth. Wanda being lectored by Strange about how dumb her attempt was is tragic.
    I will Ring on the side that it will work out in the end to a degree. I felt those 2 teaser pages got the ball rolling for that and it is hard to see not something towards a conclusion steaming from that. Also the work that Wanda put into that spell told me the work and effort she put into it, shows a lady of magic that did the work to make it work and should have but for some reason that was unforeseen did not and one we might find out in the final issue as to why.

Again we have to wait and see but I air on the side it will work out in the end.

If it doesn’t to certain degrees then we cross that bridge together when it comes.

As for strange we have to remember this I’d Hickman writing him and he wrote the Illuminati book so he short of condescending attitude is both his writing style for him and just what sadly seems at to many points par for the course in writing Strange to often these days. So I don’t take to much from it.
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Spectacular Member maximoffimpact's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    Trust Me Probability010, I understand your post greatly and it speaks volumes more then you may ever know to me. Cause I have been doing this since late 2012 I both understand and am their with you in all the way on what you said and are compleletly justified for this frustaration.

I hope my Views on Story finishing itself did not offend or put off any of my fellow fans, espically you Probability010, That is just my view on not just this but many situations that involves characters, Anime, Movies, Shows or Comics that I love and it has been a long-build up with deep reasons why I live by these mottos now.

It is also in hopes that My Motto gives hope for those that are in pain with my Fellow Fans like You and many others I see here and in other fandoms too.

I wish this story did not take place and I really wished Hickman did not pull this trigger, so your wish as well as others is greatly right.

I just give my view as a way to help get threw these moments and to help find the best in all out of a darkness. I have learned in life in many aspects, espically after the last few months you have work with what life gives to you and I still fail at times in those regards too, but we all still try for the best out of it.

Cause of that I still have hope things will work out cause I want the story to tell itself full until we get their. If it turns our Dark, the negative many are fearing then honestly Yes I will be wrong and we will cross that bridge together like we always do..........Together.

So if it turns dark for her too then Hickman and others will have to answer for allot on why.

But I have Hope that we are heading for a resoultion, it is Darkest before the Dawn moment.

I hope that helps and indeed I am sorry for anything that might have come across as bad from my other post, I ment not to do that.
    Hey C.J.!

No apology is necessary for me because your heart and mind is ALWAYS in the place where it should be. I am also holding onto hope that Hickman will surprise us in a positive, productive and definitive way for Wanda to make things either right or better for her and mutants as a whole. As smart as Hickman usually has been in his past writing, I am shocked that he would go this route with Wanda. Plus, where is editorial in all of this? After Marvel has given us Wanda, who in her latest own 2015 SW series, Star, No Surrender and No Road Home, was very knowledgeable, cautious and skilled in the execution of her abilities with great results, we are now given Wanda as headstrong and reckless at the expense of others. My question is how can Marvel allow Wanda to be portrayed in a way that AGAIN is not canon/in sync with the way her character has been over the entire duration of her existence as a character. Even silver age Wanda was careful in the use of her powers for fear of causing harm to others. It's all there in print of Marvel's comics, so why do they ignore that at our and Wanda's expense as a character? Why? Because Wanda as a character has developed a large following whether you love her, hate her, or are somewhere in-between. She is a gamechanger and a catalyst all at the same time. Add onto that, the animosity from so many fans (but not all) of the X-Men about Wanda's role in House of M - which was another major injustice that was based on Marvel editorial who needed to use her in an inorganic and specific way to accomplish reducing the number of mutants. Since I am on a roll/rant, the only way that this makes sense is that Marvel allows this to happen is because Wanda makes things more profitable/lucrative for them because she draws her large and loyal fanbase, plus the attention of her detractors which creates great buzz for whatever project she is put in. Whatever storyline she is put in, usually draws more consumer interest that it would have without her. I'm not say a project without her would be unsuccessful, I am saying her presence usually brings more interest in that project. Marvel allowing the use of her in such a way that is not in truth with her whole existence as a character is insulting to me.

Having said that, I do wish to make a point that I have not heard discussed much: 1) Wanda somehow discovered something involving the X-Men (something about Krakoa or the gateway?) that had put the X-Men at risk. If I read correctly, the problem was not caused by her, but the X-Men appeared to be unaware of a mistake that was made that could have disastrous repercussions for them. Wanda went to Genosha to put something in place to help or correct that unnamed mistake. Will that issue ever be revealed by Hickman? Is this where Wanda gets her acknowledged start of redemption within the X-pages? 2) If those Zombie had not been brought to life at the time they were, the X-Men would have been immediately overcame by the Cotati, because they were not yet aware of their taking over Genosha, much less their existence. The X-Men would not have had the mutant zombies in the huge numbers they needed to use as a supplement to their team against the Cotati. The zombies presence , brought the X-Men forces they very much needed against the alien invasion and takeover of Genosha.

Will Hickman redeem himself in this? We can only hope, just don't hold your breath.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post

Honestly I don't think it would make things better, people who hate her would probably still hate her.
    And if she didn't show up, some may just conclude X-side depiction of Wanda is not worth reading.
    And I am not gonna praise Hickman for solving a BS he started first.

Extraordinary Member

Yeah we all have paranoid conspiracy theories about what could happen to our favourite Witch. My only hope is that Wanda is allowed to resurrect all the mutants, revealing that someone had interrupted the spell and therefore make a mockery of the X-Men's beloved Crucible, which Wanda should also have the change to call them out on.
    I seriously doubt Wanda an ousider and "the pretender" is allowed to solve the mutants' problem, the whole point of her being there is creating problems for them. Or Hickman won't put her there in the first place I think.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    I seriously doubt Wanda an ousider and "the pretender" is allowed to solve the mutants' problem, the whole point of her being there is creating problems for them. Or Hickman won't put her there in the first place I think.
    True, but it would help with Mutant relations after all things like AVsX and UA had the X_men whinging that people like the Avengers never helped out with mutant problems and now here is a perfect chance.

True, but it would help with Mutant relations after all things like AVsX and UA had the X_men whinging that people like the Avengers never helped out with mutant problems and now here is a perfect chance.
    I don't think I care about that stuff anymore at this point. I just want her separated from it all completely. Keep her A side only.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

My theory is that she's going to arrive to Genosha, take the staff from Magik and destroy it, breaking her own spell, or maybe the psychics calm down Magik so she can go in her normal form again cause she looked a bit corrupted by the staff

I honestly don't think Hickman will allow 16 million zombies to come back, it won't make any sense, they don't have a place for them to stay and seems to much for Krakoa.

Also this seems like an irrelevant mini to just make this Team struggle, and with Wanda they had the perfect plot device.

Extraordinary Member

And I wager people will complain about characters let Wanda off easy because she helps only a little bit.
    My take is just say **** it and leave it be.
    X-Men/X-fans whining about "others not helping" while actually likeing it I think, what else can keep their oppressed image?

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

Wanda might be in the new Avengers game!

Elizabeth Olsen on How the Produce in Her Garden Reflected Her Varying Emotions During the Pandemic (Guest Column)
    https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/ne...column-1306755

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EfjHiA-W...jpg&name=small

EfgJG6SXgAAA83d.jpg
    Last edited by Witchfan; 08-16-2020 at 08:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post
    Wanda might be in the new Avengers game!

I was wondering if they could use her. I'd be happy to see her in the game .

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    Elizabeth Olsen on How the Produce in Her Garden Reflected Her Varying Emotions During the Pandemic (Guest Column)
    https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/ne...column-1306755
    Big witch energy

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    Honestly I don't think it would make things better, people who hate her would probably still hate her.
    And if she didn't show up, some may just conclude X-side depiction of Wanda is not worth reading.
    And I am not gonna praise Hickman for solving a BS he started first.
    Honestly this mentality of "people who hate her will keep hating her" upsets me. So what? First of all, things should go right(well, as right as they can) for Wanda simply because it's what's best for her and she deserves it. Yes it's upsetting that Hickman even had her unleash zombies, but it'll be even worse if she just runs away and can't solve things. I don't see how "people will still hate her" is an argument for her to not do anything.

Second of all, it's better if they hate on her out of pure pettiness and we're the ones being reasonable vs them actually having a point lol.