Page 170 of 271 FirstFirst ... 70120160166167168169170171172173174180220270 ... LastLast
Results 2,536 to 2,550 of 4051

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    I'm not sure I would call throwing the X-Men from one Mass Extinction event to another, promoting mutants.
    It's giving them stories in their narrative though. Every character or team goes through rough times. But even when Marvel pulled back on them severely, they still had 6 titles going. Now they have them back to tons more titles, and are promoting them a lot again. In games and comics. Movies and TV will likely follow in a couple to a few years.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    It's giving them stories in their narrative though. Every character or team goes through rough times. But even when Marvel pulled back on them severely, they still had 6 titles going. Now they have them back to tons more titles, and are promoting them a lot again. In games and comics. Movies and TV will likely follow in a couple to a few years.
    It's not giving them stories in narrative. The X-men as many X-Writers like Claremont have constantly stated is about Hope, there is nothing hopefully about the X-Men in recent years as they are constantly being threaten with extinction and have nothing but bleak futures. It makes a mockery of the X-men and their mission of human/mutant cooperation since they are too busy trying to survive extinction for the umpteenth time in a few years.

It's not giving them stories in narrative. The X-men as many X-Writers like Claremont have constantly stated is about Hope, there is nothing hopefully about the X-Men in recent years as they are constantly being threaten with extinction and have nothing but bleak futures. It makes a mockery of the X-men and their mission of human/mutant cooperation since they are too busy trying to survive extinction for the umpteenth time in a few years.
    Narrative doesn't consist of just positive stories. Narrative just means they are active players in their own story. They aren't plot devices. Their agency is very present. X-Men historically have had very dire storylines. Pretty much starting with God Loves, Man Kills. I think what your problem is that there are a lot more dire stories in comics in general in the past 20 years than any time before. Even the 80s and 90s where nihilistic writing started to become very popular.

Extraordinary Member

I'm not sure I would call throwing the X-Men from one Mass Extinction event to another, promoting mutants.
    In-story victims can still be the focus of their stories, some characters actually have those pain and misery as their selling points.(Not every X-character, not some of them do rely on this kind of "we are so fucking oppressed" narrative to keep going.)

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Just to mention that I found out Agatha is now allied with Sharon Carter as per this preview of Captain America #23. Per the recap, she made her appearance last issue, possibly as last-panel reveal.

Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    Just to mention that I found out Agatha is now allied with Sharon Carter as per this preview of Captain America #23. Per the recap, she made her appearance last issue, possibly as last-panel reveal.

Oh awesome! Sharon is another favorite of mine.

This is the first comic Agatha has appeared in that didn't have Wanda in it since coming back to life.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Yep, Agatha's been making sporadic appearances in CA as a member of the Daughters of Liberty, from my reading back issues on Unlimited.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    Yep, Agatha's been making sporadic appearances in CA as a member of the Daughters of Liberty, from my reading back issues on Unlimited.
    Meh. Agatha. What I want to know, is Ebony still around?

I always wanted Wanda to inherit him, after Agatha passed.

A black cat 'familiar' that can turn into a big black panther (and might have other secrets, besides...) sounds way too cool for the Witch!

I like Agatha. She's very experienced and it gave Wanda a female mentor.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Meh. Agatha. What I want to know, is Ebony still around?

I always wanted Wanda to inherit him, after Agatha passed.

A black cat 'familiar' that can turn into a big black panther (and might have other secrets, besides...) sounds way too cool for the Witch!
    Aren't familiars like a super personal things to witches/sorcerers? I personally think Wanda should get one of her own.
    Like others suggest, her pet falcon(but would probably clash with Sam Wilson's Red Wing), give her a dog/wolf or something of the canine sort?

Extraordinary Member

deleted for double posting.

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    Aren't familiars like a super personal things to witches/sorcerers? I personally think Wanda should get one of her own.
    Like others suggest, her pet falcon(but would probably clash with Sam Wilson's Red Wing), give her a dog/wolf or something of the canine sort?
    I would go with a falcon, she has the skills to train one

Incredible Member teapartyofthedead's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    I think Wanda with a shiba inu or a a corgi would be adorable.

She had a black lab as a child. Maybe get another for sentiment.