Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    ???

So, he's supposed to do what? Kill his son for...killing his son, who's himself? Telling his son he doesn't want to see him anymore...because he's not the son Scott raised until he was 12, except that he actually is? Say he doesn't want to see him anymore...until he's a middle-aged/old man, in which case he'll lovingly receive him with open arms?

Again, what exactly you expect Scott to do. Enlighten us, in details.

Actually, I do prefer kid Cable to old Cable.

The old Cable was originally not meant to be the son of Cyclops. He was retconned to be his son but he's too old for that so they came up with a lot of ridiculous stories to explain his age.

Kid Cable should be what Nathan would have been if Nathan had grown up normally.

It's just like how Magik can't be older than his brother Peter. The same should be said of Cable, he can't be older than his father Scott.

Both Magik and Cable were almost babies at that time, and they should be just teenagers now.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkout42 View Post
    I expect nothing from him, i haven't for a very long time now and this will not be any different.

Sorry if my answer isn't very detailed or enlightening but i don't see why it has to be in the first place its not like I'm trying to convince people, especially for this fan base.
    The answer isn't detailed because there is no answer- you're a hater that will hate him regardless of what he does.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ericng View Post

The old Cable was originally not meant to be the son of Cyclops. He was retconned to be his son but he's too old for that so they came up with a lot of ridiculous stories to explain his age.

Kid Cable should be what Nathan would have been if Nathan had grown up normally.

It's just like how Magik can't be older than his brother Peter. The same should be said of Cable, he can't be older than his father Scott.

Both Magik and Cable were almost babies at that time, and they should be just teenagers now.
    Kid cable didn't had a normal childhood.

At least with brisson he was a true warrior instead of this crying kid

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

I don't understand this complaint.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Ok and... Jean is 1 of 12 government officials and Cyclops is the head commander of the entire nation, somehow I find it hard to believe that they have time to show up in Cable’s book but Rachel doesn’t.
    Jean is pretty busy with X-Force and Council meeeting for sure, but Cyclops definitely is not. Actually all the Captains seem to have pretty good jobs, a nice tittle and a lot of free time.

According to the sliding timeline, Nathan, had he never been sent to the future, would still be a small child, not the teenager he is now. Magik was a small child in her first appearance, and would still be a tween had she not lived more time in Limbo.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    The answer isn't detailed because there is no answer- you're a hater that will hate him regardless of what he does.
    Whatever floats your boat.

Incredible Member

i’m fine with Kid Cable - having a teenager in Krakoa with the spectre of Old Cable hovering over him has a lot more interesting story potential than Old Cable.

what would Old Cable do on Krakoa? His future/time-travel shtick is co-opted by the role Moira is playing in Hickman’s X-men.
    Having Apocalypse present in power would be a no go for him (hav having Kid Cable interact with Apocalypse is more believable).
    It would be funny to see how Old Cable handles his Dad being a swinger, though.

Quote Originally Posted by lefthanded View Post
    i’m fine with Kid Cable - having a teenager in Krakoa with the spectre of Old Cable hovering over him has a lot more interesting story potential than Old Cable.

what would Old Cable do on Krakoa? His future/time-travel shtick is co-opted by the role Moira is playing in Hickman’s X-men.
    Having Apocalypse present in power would be a no go for him (hav having Kid Cable interact with Apocalypse is more believable).
    It would be funny to see how Old Cable handles his Dad being a swinger, though.
    See Moira as the real threat to mutants, team up with DP for old times sake and get rid of her mayhaps?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkout42 View Post
    See Moira as the real threat to mutants, team up with DP for old times sake and get rid of her mayhaps?
    He would probably see how messed up everything was. he is on the original promo with a arm that takes away people's powers. hummm

Quote Originally Posted by baxer View Post
    He would probably see how messed up everything was. he is on the original promo with a arm that takes away people's powers. hummm
    What was up with that anyway? I mean was it just a tease or something?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by baxer View Post
    Kid cable didn't had a normal childhood.

At least with brisson he was a true warrior instead of this crying kid
    You think that Magik and Rachel had 'normal childhood'?

At least they are not older than their brothers or parents.

When Simonson/Liefeld created Cable, he was never meant to be Scott's son. Whilce Portacio retconned his origin to be Scott's son.

Read his story below.

https://screenrant.com/xmen-cable-cy...er-son-marvel/

Fast forward to 1990, and Marvel introduced Cable, a cybernetic gun-slinger who swiftly became the New Mutants' mentor. Bizarrely, there's actually a dispute over exactly who created Cable in the first place; in general, he's usually viewed as Rob Liefeld's creation, because he'd long since sketched out a character he saw as a cross between the Terminator and John McClane from Die Hard. About the only things that were locked down about Cable's origin were the fact he was a time traveler (Liefeld insisted on this), and that he was a military man.

But meanwhile, editor Bob Harras, writer Whilce Portacio and artist Jim Lee came up with an actual origin story for the mystery man; they hit upon the idea that the infant Nathan Summers, the child of Cyclops and Madelyne Pryor (who's subject to just as many tortuous retcons) would be sent to the future, where he would grow up to become Cable. Liefeld wasn't particularly happy, but he figured out a course-correction.
    Last edited by ericng; 11-19-2020 at 09:51 PM.

Astonishing Member OopsIdiditagain's Avatar

Aaaw, Kid Cable thought Doug cared enough about the 1-day marriage to not kill Bei in front of him.
    december 21st has passed where are my superpowers?

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

So Jean wants to break Saturyne's mental block and her immediate go tos are Emma and the Cuckoos....ok Jean we see you....

Quote Originally Posted by Tunasammiches View Post
    Where's Rachel? If this book is. gonna be a family book where Scott and Jean constantly worry over and coddle baby Cable, it'd be great if she was included in the family panic.
    She's off "super-heroing" as Bendis would put it. Let's face it, we're back to the "Jean and Rachel can't co-exist" phase in the X-Men. Even though they lived under the same roof (notice she no longer lives there but has a room until Adam-X takes it).

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Ok and... Jean is 1 of 12 government officials and Cyclops is the head commander of the entire nation, somehow I find it hard to believe that they have time to show up in Cable’s book but Rachel doesn’t.
    Exactly, especially after all the nonsense that Brisson put us through to show how much Rachel means to Nathan.

Quote Originally Posted by Ra-El View Post
    Jean is pretty busy with X-Force and Council meeeting for sure, but Cyclops definitely is not. Actually all the Captains seem to have pretty good jobs, a nice tittle and a lot of free time.
    Sure, but still, with all of those roles and jobs Jean is still shown to be an active mom to Nate (which IS awesome). But if family is so important to Scott and Jean and Nathan someone is clearly being excluded in this particular book and readers are taking note.

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Seriously loving the fact that we're pretending literally any teenager ever wouldn't do what Kid Cable did if they had access to a parental/familial unit who's half as crazy/powerful as the Summers pack, lol. Oh well.