Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Default DC Comics March Relaunch Speculation

We've only got a month before March Solicicts and we finally get some answers to what DC will look like post-Death Metal, Generations, and Future State, and in general what DC's direction will be going forward, so I figure why not have an all purpose thread for speculation, and collect the mix things confirmed, teased, rumors going about.

Here are DC's current ongoing books from December which will be coming back in March.

The Flash
    Aquaman
    Justice League
    Justice League Dark
    Batman
    Wonder Woman
    Action Comics
    Superman
    Batman/Superman
    Catwoman
    Detective Comics
    Legion of Superheroes.
    Nightwing
    Red Hood

Grant Morrison's Green Lantern Season Two has it's #11 issue solicted for February. It's #12th and concluding issue will be in March. So we should see at least one, if not multiple Green Lantern Series launched in either March or April to replace it.

We know the Superman books will be getting a new writer or writers to replace Bendis.

Most of the Bat-books seem to be keeping their current teams. Ram V has indicated he's staying on JLD.

Aquman, Flash, Justice League, and Red Hood are going to be getting new writers.

Any other title is up in the air whether they're getting a new creative team or not.

Between the final issue of Teen Titans, the Endless Winter Special, and the Future State Tie-ins, it seems Titans is looking at a relaunch featuring Dick's Team (also including Donna, Starfire, Cyborg, Raven and Beast Boy) as mentors to Wallace, Crush, Emiko and Roundhouse.

Bendis has stated he had to "clear the decks" with the Superman books and he'd been offered "something big". He's also indicated his Leviathan sequel will still be happening, but the behind the scenes shake ups at DC have resulted to there being some changes to it.

Joelle Jones has indicated she has plans for Yara Flores post future state. Deadline initially claimed that Yara would be getting her own series with her as the new Wonder Girl, but it's since been redacted.

Jorge Jimenez teased something related to Super-Sons with a younger Jon.

Bleeding Cool has been claiming in somewhat alarmist manner that DC is is possibly getting rid of having a shared universe continuity, which I highly doubt.

There are always the usual rumors about AT&T or WB wanting a higher focus on media synergy. In this case it has a lot of Batwoman fans concerned over Kate's future with Ryan Wilder getting an introductory cameo in the last issue of Batgirl.

And a few day ago bunch of supposed leaks were posted on 4chan. Take with a heavy grain of salt but something to discuss is better than nothing

spoilers:
    >Mark Russell on Young Justice ongoing, smaller cast centered around the core four
    >Titans book by Humphries
    >2 Flashes book one with Barry and the other with Wally, the Wally book will start with a Year One arc after a couple of issues like Rucka did with WW
    >Waid in charge of Supes and Action comic
    >Priest in charge of Aquaman
    >Saladin Ahmed in charge of Green Arrow
    >The new Red Hood book covers will be made by Phil Noto
    >JSA ongoing by Geoff
    >Alan Scott 6 issues mini by Orlando
    >Superman Black Label book by King

Now about the characters:
    >All the people who died in HiC is brought back to life
    >Roy's daughter Lian is back (she was resurrected in the events of Convergence)
    >Diana was part of the original JSA
    >Jon is gonna be de-aged and all his memories of the 7 years+his time in the Legion will disappear but he will still have a ring
    >Kyle will become relevant again, the first event will be about him
    >Kon and Tim will start dating by late 2021 they will both come out as Bi, Tynion and Russell are in charge of the whole storyline
    >The whole DC editorial is surprised that WB and AT&T gave the good to go by the way, Geoff was the one who pushed for it. Bendis is kinda mad because he wanted to make Naomi and Kon a couple back in 2019 with the whole Wonder Comics and nobody wanted it
    >Damian will become Robin again, Tim is gonna go back to be Red Robin
    >Marcus To is in charge of Tim new design he has the same hair than his Red Robin run, Jason will also have the white stripe again. This is because they don't want people to play who is who anymore when the Robins share a panel
    end of spoilers

I thought the Jimenez thing ended up being the cover for the Supersons Omnibus. I'll take the rest as a grain of salt then
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pohzee View Post
    I thought the Jimenez thing ended up being the cover for the Supersons Omnibus. I'll take the rest as a grain of salt then
    No, the cover for Omnibus is entirely different from Jimenez's silhouetted tease.

https://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/b...eter-j-tomasi/

1603381911629.jpg

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pohzee View Post
    Jimenez himself wrote on Instagram, that it's not for the omnibus, it's for "something else".
    4chan leak sounds too good to be true.
    Last edited by Morgoth; 11-21-2020 at 03:13 PM.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Doesn't explain what this "Omniverse" thing is. I was hoping we'd get more of an explanation. The Jon thing is the least surprising on the list.
    Assassinate Putin!

My prediction: DC will continue to revolve around the same 6 franchises... Here’s Super/Bat/Wonder/Aqua/Flash/Lantern but in college, in high school, in middle school, as anti heroes...etc.

Too bad! I just DC to something with the likes of Blue Beetle, Black Lightning, Vixen, Steel, Cassandra Cain...etc. Also that Titans idea sounds lame and is just a retread of the 2003 series but with Damian’s generation

My guess-

Batman
    Detective Comics
    Superman
    Action Comics
    Wonder Woman
    Sensation Comics
    Flash
    Green Arrow
    Aquaman
    Justice League International (current JL with a more global flavor - Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Flash, John Stewart, Hawkgirl, Vixen, Fire)
    Titans (Nightwing, Starfire, Beast Boy, Cyborg, Raven, Aquaman (Kal), Donna Troy)
    Supergirl
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

I’m really upset I read those 4chan rumors, now I’m going to be greatly upset if every single thing doesn’t happen.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Adset View Post
    I’m really upset I read those 4chan rumors, now I’m going to be greatly upset if every single thing doesn’t happen.
    Exactly, I really like all of those really hope they happen

What is the ring that Jon has? I haven't been following Jon since the end of Tomasi's superman and supersons. Is it a lantern ring of some form?

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

Waid guiding the Superman books would be wonderful.
    As would having a Wally title again!! (Still buy 2 books, but just one for Barry, one for Wally. Too good to be true...)
    The ONLY thing I wasn't happy with on that list was the Tim/Kon thing. It's outta left field and smacks of diversity for diversity's sake.
    There has been no hint of either being attracted to the same sex. Conner - he's a clone, technically he hasn't really grown up yet so OK I can roll with that, but the Tim thing is a bridge too far for me.
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

One rumor that is true is Waid on the Superman books. He's the worst so of course.

Man, I hope DC’s got better plans for Wonder Woman in her 80th anniversary than making her part of team that made her a secretary and some legacy character with no connection to her.
    Last edited by Gaius; 11-21-2020 at 04:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by married guy View Post
    Waid guiding the Superman books would be wonderful.
    As would having a Wally title again!! (Still buy 2 books, but just one for Barry, one for Wally. Too good to be true...)
    The ONLY thing I wasn't happy with on that list was the Tim/Kon thing. It's outta left field and smacks of diversity for diversity's sake.
    There has been no hint of either being attracted to the same sex. Conner - he's a clone, technically he hasn't really grown up yet so OK I can roll with that, but the Tim thing is a bridge too far for me.
    Yeah with the whole Conner and Tim thing is where I just can’t believe the 4chan thing, not when Tynion himself was a big writer of Stephanie and Tim. If anything I would think the big thing right now would be pushing Conner and Miss Martian because of Young Justice or something like that. I don’t mind it, but nothing really warrants it.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

I agree. Keep Tim with Spoiler.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning63 View Post
    What is the ring that Jon has? I haven't been following Jon since the end of Tomasi's superman and supersons. Is it a lantern ring of some form?
    A Legion flight ring.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 11-21-2020 at 05:00 PM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I hope there is a relaunch and not just one-shots and mini-series.