Page 21 of 27 FirstFirst ... 11171819202122232425 ... LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Artemisfanboy View Post
    I just to add a few details. One being that she was rescued a child and grew up normally being raised by Diana and Hippolyta, which is the majorly important change.

Second we don't know who "created" her exactly or how, but given the cameo of New Cronus while Donna was using the Lasso of Presuassion I suspect it was the titans of myth.

I really dislike calling it the New 52 origin, because other than some unknown party creating Donna with the intent to use her against Diana and the Amazons, they've changed everything else about it. Donna was created as a child, instead of an adult, and there's been no mention of Derinoe or any rogue Amazons, Hippolyta wasn't melted down, whatever happened happened at a different point in time. I consider that "creation" part secondary to Diana rescuing her and bringing her back to Themyscira. So I really consider it more to be a variant of her classic Pre-crisis "adopted by Amazons" origin, with some slight nods to the New 52 and possibly the Titans of Myth.
    See so it's not really defined. How can they properly showcase a character when they don't really know what they are dealing with. Still it's good to see her upcoming in the Titans books and who knows maybe we'll get another retcon again and clear everything up.

I just to add a few details. One being that she was rescued a child and grew up normally being raised by Diana and Hippolyta, which is the majorly important change.

Second we don't know who "created" her exactly or how, but given the cameo of New Cronus while Donna was using the Lasso of Presuassion I suspect it was the titans of myth.

I really dislike calling it the New 52 origin, because other than some unknown party creating Donna with the intent to use her against Diana and the Amazons, they've changed everything else about it. Donna was created as a child, instead of an adult, and there's been no mention of Derinoe or any rogue Amazons, Hippolyta wasn't melted down, whatever happened happened at a different point in time. I consider that "creation" part secondary to Diana rescuing her and bringing her back to Themyscira. So I really consider it more to be a variant of her classic Pre-crisis "adopted by Amazons" origin, with some slight nods to the New 52 and possibly the Titans of Myth.
    But the amazons implanted false memories of her being rescued and raised by Hippolyte to give her a chance at a normal life. So do we know she was actually created and rescued as a child, or is that a false memory?

Also, the fiddling of detsils is what i meant by " smoothed out", as the ptb removed and fiddled with her 52 origin to still work with Rebirth's continuity changes....

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by wonder39 View Post
    But the amazons implanted false memories of her being rescued and raised by Hippolyte to give her a chance at a normal life. So do we know she was actually created and rescued as a child, or is that a false memory?

Also, the fiddling of detsils is what i meant by " smoothed out", as the ptb removed and fiddled with her 52 origin to still work with Rebirth's continuity changes....
    DIANA had a flashback to training a young Donna in Wonder Woman #752. Diana's memories wouldn't had been altered. So we know that according to Orlando's run, Donna was rescued from her "creator" while a child, taken back to Themyscira, and raised by Diana, Hippolyta, and the Amazons. Which is the core important part. That Donna is adopted and raised by the Amazons. That's what gives her a strong connection to Diana, Hippolyta and the Amazons. Making her created as an adult golem who was brainwashed would undermine and that invalidate that, and I'm glad Orlando made it clear that wasn't the case by giving Diana flashbacks to training a young Donna.

I also feel false memories can be written off as more of misnomer at this point. Donna said in Titans she had no memories before age seven, when she was adopted by the Amazons. So after Diana rescues Donna from her captors, they repress Donna's memories of her life up to that point. After that she's raised normally by them and all her memories of being raised on Themyscira and being trained by Diana are real.

And, I maintain the key difference of her being a child and brought back Themyscira as a child is what makes this closer to her original Pre-Crisis origin than the the Finch one, and allows the Orlando origin to work for me. That Donna is rescued and adopted by the amazons is more important to me than being rescued specifically from a fire and her age at time of rescue is negotiable as long as there's time for her to grow up on Themyscira for a few years before becoming Wonder Girl.

Fantastic Member

DIANA had a flashback to training a young Donna in Wonder Woman #752. Diana's memories wouldn't had been altered. So we know that according to Orlando's run, Donna was rescued from her "creator" while a child, taken back to Themyscira, and raised by Diana, Hippolyta, and the Amazons. Which is the core important part. That Donna is adopted and raised by the Amazons. That's what gives her a strong connection to Diana, Hippolyta and the Amazons. Making her created as an adult golem who was brainwashed would undermine and that invalidate that, and I'm glad Orlando made it clear that wasn't the case by giving Diana flashbacks to training a young Donna.

I also feel false memories can be written off as more of misnomer at this point. Donna said in Titans she had no memories before age seven, when she was adopted by the Amazons. So after Diana rescues Donna from her captors, they repress Donna's memories of her life up to that point. After that she's raised normally by them and all her memories of being raised on Themyscira and being trained by Diana are real.

And, I maintain the key difference of her being a child and brought back Themyscira as a child is what makes this closer to her original Pre-Crisis origin than the the Finch one, and allows the Orlando origin to work for me. That Donna is rescued and adopted by the amazons is more important to me than being rescued specifically from a fire and her age at time of rescue is negotiable as long as there's time for her to grow up on Themyscira for a few years before becoming Wonder Girl.
    I can somewhat accept this as her origin story at the moment but I have two major issues with it. To me Donna was always the caring and sensible one, this kind of takes that away a little. The second problem I have with it, is there is no blood connection to Diana. Like I said before that meant something to me. even if she was only the mirror image that was supposed to fade over time. It was still a closer connection. Now she is no different then any other orphan brought to Themyscira. I don't know, I just like seeing that when Diana and Donna talk to each other and call each other sister it is not some Amazon way but it's actual sisters. It's a small point to be sure and adoptive sisters can often form closer relationships then blood sisters. I guess I just prefer the other origin.

by Phil Jiminez

spoilers:
    The preview pages for Teen Titans have confirmed that Donna is dead in Future State
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    spoilers:
    The preview pages for Teen Titans have confirmed that Donna is dead in Future State
    end of spoilers
    Well that sucks.

Come on. One teenager hanging out with three good looking members of the opposite sex in tights and boy-shorts?

spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    Because of course .

Fantastic Member

spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    I think that's confirmation that DC doesn't really know what to do with her

Quote Originally Posted by Scott402 View Post
    Looks like Titans Academy is pretty much confirmed to be the next Titans book and judging by that last page of last month Teen Titans, i think Donna is going to be on the roster.

I’m beginning to think the only time Donna was truly safe in the books was back when she was being written by Wolfman (Besides that whole Terry romance). It’s like she became a wild dumpster fire that writers kept pouring gasoline on after that point.
    Emma Frost, Rogue, Felicia Hardy, Helena Bertinelli, Allison Blaire, Barbara Gordon, Monica Rambeau, Carol Danvers, Illyana Rasputin, Ororo Munroe, Harleen Quinzel, Lorna Dane, Irene Adler, Kate Kane, Rachel Grey Summers, Jean Grey, Diana Prince, Barbara Ann Minerva, Donna Troy, Jennifer Walters, Gwen Stacy, Wanda Maximoff = PERFECTION!

Quote Originally Posted by Scott402 View Post
    So it would seem....
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

I came here to post this too.

Travis Moore draws Donna Troy perfectly.