Page 43 of 386 FirstFirst ... 333940414243444546475393143 ... LastLast

My bet is Logan Lerman. He liked everything new mutants related on Boone's instagram

BANNED

I'm okay with the deviation from the source material. I mean, I don't know anything about making movies, so I'd feel like an idiot for criticizing before even seeing a trailer.

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

Quote Originally Posted by iByakuya View Post
    My bet is Logan Lerman. He liked everything new mutants related on Boone's instagram
    That's my original fancast

BANNED

Hmmm so much to say on Sunspot.

1) I am no Singer fan and yeah he does love lightening up the POC and not doing anything with them. But come on Fox doesn't give on **** about continuity so how any can blame this on Singer is beyond me.
    2) Yeah the X-men Movies have done a terrible job on diversity doesn't mean we need to keep doing a bad job on it and New Mutants suggested a positive change. Heck Logan has the best characterized POC out of all the X-men Movies. Wolverine in movies in general now that I think about it have done way better then the average X-men movie...
    3) Now on to Boone...yeah **** him and anyone who would defend him. The dude claims to love the comics and seems to be putting some effort into getting casting right for other new mutants. So I don't think its too much to ask to cast an Actual Afro Brazilian to play Sunspot. Say what you will Singer never claimed to care about the comics.
    4) Casting an actual Native American while cutting Karma (Asian) and white washing Sunspot deserves zero praise in my book.

So screw it James Mangold is apparently the only one you can trust over at the FoX-men. Boone is more annoying because he pretended he cared about doing it right only to fail.

I mean really for a franchise that gets the realness that Selina loves to praise, you wouldn't think it be so hard to inject some actual diversity into their properties. By actually doing something with the Asians and to stop lightening and white washing the Black Characters and do something with them as well. As noted above you want a Latino use Rictor. And yes I know he was in Logan but again continuity doesn't count.

Now of course nothing is official yet so there is still time for Boone to do the right thing. But I will be saving my money for Deadpool II at this point. Not paying cash to see this or Dark Phoenix Saga starring a cameo from Jean, Scott and Ororo.

Your obviously addressing me... So **** you too... Get out your feelings what's done is done. Sunspot isn't black in the movies go cry about it or something

As an Afro Brazilian man, I will be very disappointed if this actor is cast as Sunspot. It would mean the world to me if I could see someone who shares my background being a superhero and saving the world.
    Last edited by Psi-Lord; 05-25-2017 at 05:18 PM.

BANNED

I don't really care about you one way or another.

I just find it hilarious you say you care about diversity then defend this and Karma getting cut so hard.
    Or do you only care when it comes to Native Americans?

Because for some reason I think you be singing a different tune if they cast a white brunette as Moonstar.
    Or Cut her all together.
    Last edited by JediKage; 05-25-2017 at 05:20 PM.

BANNED

Ridiculous. They got a brown skinned Brazilian actor to play a brown skinned Brazilian character....and that's somehow whitewashing? Is it because he's not Afro-Brazilian? My dude, pick your battles.

just a reminder, guys: Directors arent the only one to choose actors.

Producers have a say too, and in some cases, they push for certain actors and in many cases, Im afraid, they get what they want, with the director having to give in or getting frustrated/pissed.

I'd bet this happens more than we think. And personally... I think something like this happened with New mutants. just my 2 cents.
    Natt Wolf as Cannonball seems to fallen appart, and Boone and him are friends, so.... something must have happened behind the scenes.

Quote Originally Posted by JediKage View Post
    I don't really care about you one way or another.
    Don't say f me then if you don't care about me one or the other. You saying f me n boone. This man is about to deliver the beat X-MEN team movie.

First off I said I care MORE about Karma not being in it than Roberto not being Black. FOX lost 50+ mil in Asia IMO by doing that.

The girl cast as Mirage isn't white so I'm happy.

I could never watch movies, TV, or read most books because the reality is its all 95%+ Caucasian characters. It is what it is. I already said we need to create our own and not tvone & bet.

It ain't fair but its how it is in America point blank period. There's real **** going on in America I ain't worried about sunspot's race I'm happy hes just a main character in a non singer movie
    Last edited by ChildOfTheAtom; 05-25-2017 at 05:29 PM.

BANNED

No its not good enough. And Singer having diversity issues or Sunspot in comics makes no difference in my book.
    As there is no proof that Singer or Marvel has any real influence on who Boone is casting.

Being brown is irrelevant plenty of groups can be "brown" and you wouldn't say they are interchangeable.
    For instance, a Swahli Person and a Pubjabi Person can have the same skin tone and it doesn't make them the same or like for like casting.

I said F Boone and anyone who would defend him. If you fall into that category that is on you not me.

Yes Yes America and the World is going to **** doesn't change the fact that positive representation matters and if they wanted a brown latino they had other options.
    Then changing Sunspot and mean sheesh not like this franchise has delivered on one Black Character Yet.

Storm terrible especially for an iconic character. Beyond Singer only casting light skin black women.
    Darwin...powers ignored to kill him. Didn't do anything.
    Angel...off screen death and turned evil grand.
    Bishop...died a bunch in the future, no characterization...Looked right though so there is that.

As noted James Mangold delivered the best written Black characters and POC in general yet and they were supporting characters with no powers.
    Last edited by JediKage; 05-25-2017 at 05:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegan Daddy View Post
    Ridiculous. They got a brown skinned Brazilian actor to play a brown skinned Brazilian character....and that's somehow whitewashing? Is it because he's not Afro-Brazilian? My dude, pick your battles.
    Yes it's because he's not Afro Brazilian. It's not that hard to understand.

Let's give the boy a chance. Gosh he might be a amazing sunspot

That actor they cast as Sunspot doesn't look White to me. He looks like a Mestizo so I wouldn't call it White washing but moreso stereotyping. Mestizos are what most people picture when it comes to Latin America.
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

Quote Originally Posted by ChildOfTheAtom View Post
    Don't say f me then if you don't care about me one or the other. You saying f me n boone. This man is about to deliver the beat X-MEN team movie.

First off I said I care MORE about Karma not being in it than Roberto not being Black. FOX lost 50+ mil in Asia IMO by doing that.

The girl cast as Mirage isn't white so I'm happy.

I could never watch movies, TV, or read most books because the reality is its all 95%+ Caucasian characters. It is what it is. I already said we need to create our own and not tvone & bet.

It ain't fair but its how it is in America point blank period. There's real **** going on in America I ain't worried about sunspot's race I'm happy hes just a main character in a non singer movie
    You do realize the average person can't just get up and create their own right?