Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 162223242526

Thread: UXM 16 Spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    You know that how?
    been reading these comics all my life, whatever sticks won't be worth all the money spent on the whole shebang, feel free to disagree of course......
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    been reading these comics all my life, whatever sticks won't be worth all the money spent on the whole shebang, feel free to disagree of course......
    Maybe not huge changes, but it looks like whatever happens in AoXM at least has Jean keep her Marbel Girl costume on. There might be some villains changing sides or romance drama but the major thing will probably be X-Man’s death.

A current book mattering to later material is irrelevant to the quality of the current book, it's relevant to the quality of the later book and its decisions to downplay or focus on previous things.

The casts of X-Books are far less important to their success than we imagine them while stanning characters.

A 30+ issue, six month event with no very clear main title that is serving as the compliment to the flagship title instead of spearheading the line with creators who aren't too popular isn't going to rock the direct market.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Maybe not huge changes, but it looks like whatever happens in AoXM at least has Jean keep her Marbel Girl costume on. There might be some villains changing sides or romance drama but the major thing will probably be X-Man’s death.
    it may just be my twisted perception but I see that all the discussions across the board regarding the characters involved in this new reality has faced a sudden downturn, it's just not exciting to see these characters in these situations if they don't really know who they are, I just wanna read the last issue of it all so that we can move on and be excited about the issues they are going to publish each month, as it stands I'm just waiting for July.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    A current book mattering to later material is irrelevant to the quality of the current book, it's relevant to the quality of the later book and its decisions to downplay or focus on previous things.
    well then ...I'm not impressed by the quality of current x-books!

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    well then ...I'm not impressed by the quality of current x-books!
    Yeah, that's fine. But it's also why I don't understand the mentality of solicit announcements sucking up hype for current books. If people lose interest in the current material because they know of stuff that's coming later... then that means they weren't actually that interested in the current material.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Yeah, that's fine. But it's also why I don't understand the mentality of solicit announcements sucking up hype for current books. If people lose interest in the current material because they know of stuff that's coming later... then that means they weren't actually that interested in the current material.
    you'r right, even JDW weekly interviews seems to betray a certain disinterest toward Age of X-man, The only title I can stomach right now it's Uncanny (even with all the stuff happening off-panel).... I'm still getting that certain "little thrill" when a new issue comes out.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by jpmst17 View Post
    It's failing for many reasons, but lack of scott and logan doesn't help. the book they are in is almost selling double what AOX is doing. The story is bad and boring for the most part. Marvelous, prisoner x and x-tracts are all fine enough, but i don't see any of this mattering once the event ends. you are right though, it's an event no one asked for and it just isn't delivering much of anything
    No story matters once it ends

Quote Originally Posted by kevinism View Post
    No story matters once it ends
    not true. other stories actually build off previous ones. do you think the dark phoenix saga doesn't matter? it does. it has an effect on many things jean had done after the event. not sure what your statement really means

Quote Originally Posted by jpmst17 View Post
    not true. other stories actually build off previous ones. do you think the dark phoenix saga doesn't matter? it does. it has an effect on many things jean had done after the event. not sure what your statement really means
    Agreed. Thats the point of continuity

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Hard to disagree with that, but I'd argue that's the kind of monster Marvel has created by constantly reshuffling and relaunching their series with new creative teams who pretty much ignore what happened just a month before. And the very reason why they're going to have to do it more and more often to feed that same monster. Once you lose the illusion that "every issue matters" all you're left with is readers chasing the shiny new thing they know it's coming up in 3 months time, instantly losing interest in the books that are here and now because they've been taught they "won't matter".

BANNED

This thread has 26 pages! Will issue 17 beat this?

X-Twitter is comparing this to Claremont and Morrison already so it's time this run wrapped up.