Page 101 of 121 FirstFirst ... 5191979899100101102103104105111 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,515 of 1811
    Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    So the directors and the writers disagree on the time travel of the movie.

Joe says Cap was in an alternate timeline.

Markus and McFeely say differently, which is what I assumed had happened all along (hence my confusion earlier when people said how did cap get back).

Markus and McFeely accept that different people will have different viewpoints on this topic. But, in their minds, Steve was Peggy's husband all along. ‘It was always our intention that he was the father of those two children. But again, there are time travel loopholes for that,’ said McFeely. Added Markus: ‘It does introduce the idea that there are two children who have somewhat super soldier DNA.’

Dueling theories (directors vs writers), both think they're correct. I'm going with the writers on this though. *shrugs*
    One view - among many - in Marketing holds that value is not created in the manufacture of the product, but in the experience of the customer. Seen in that light, what happened, and how it works is each of ours to determine individually.

For me, Steve Rogers (or whatever identity he adopted) had been waiting on the sidelines to hand Sam Wilson a copy of his shield since the late 1940s, and watched it all happen, from Iron Man through to his old friend's funeral, having faith that he and his dearest comrades had what it took to work it out the way that he remembered. If he was tortured by letting history pass around him without trying to make it better, he took solace in the knowledge that tinkering might dangerously interfere with what needed to be in ways he could not predict, and in the joy of life with his beloved Peggy and their children.

In some ways, for a man so conditioned to action, letting history take its course might be the greatest battle Captain America ever fought.

The Question That Remains: What are the children of a Supersoldier like?

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Can Vision even exist in the MCU without the stone?
    He died without it. So probably a no but thinking they'll find a way to bring him back with an artificial thingy that mimics the stone per Prof, Hulk.
    Vision died because Thanos ripped a hole in his skull getting it out. Banner was already speculating on how Vision might be more than just the stone, and able to exist without it.

Besides, this is comics/movies. They want Vision back, there will be a way. The only question is how easy that way will be to swallow.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    Vision died because Thanos ripped a hole in his skull getting it out. Banner was already speculating on how Vision might be more than just the stone, and able to exist without it.

Besides, this is comics/movies. They want Vision back, there will be a way. The only question is how easy that way will be to swallow.
    Hmmm. maybe I gotta watch IW again. I remember him telling SW to take the stone out even though it would kill him like without it he would die.

Boisterously Confused

Can Vision even exist in the MCU without the stone?
    Hmmm. maybe I gotta watch IW again. I remember him telling SW to take the stone out even though it would kill him like without it he would die.
    They were in the process of separating Vision from it but ran out of time. Vision and Wanda understood that destroying the stone would kill him because they were going to blow it up with it still embedded in his forehead.

Incredible Member blunt_eastwood's Avatar

I'm pretty sure there was a strong implication that Shuri figured out how to allow Vision to live without the stone. There was an exchange of dialogue where she asked Bruce why they didn't program him a certain way and Bruce said he hadn't thought of it. That seemed to confirm that whatever Tony and Bruce said about how he functions wasn't necessarily completely accurate.

I think they put that in so that they could revive Vision later with a new AI that works independent of the stone. I imagine that would mean he's no longer worthy though.
    Last edited by blunt_eastwood; 05-16-2019 at 10:33 AM. Reason: Corrected a word and clarified a point.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

I am pretty sure at some point we are going to see the Vision up and going again. His body is still in Wakanda as far as we know and Shuri is far to curious to just leave it alone I think. She will have urge to see if she can actual fix him just to prove it to herself if nothing else. Will he be the same without the Soul Stone and the damage he got from Thanos is the question.

It kind of reminds me of when the government took the Vision and disasembeld him and when they got him back together in the comics he was much more cold.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    I am pretty sure at some point we are going to see the Vision up and going again. His body is still in Wakanda as far as we know and Shuri is far to curious to just leave it alone I think. She will have urge to see if she can actual fix him just to prove it to herself if nothing else. Will he be the same without the Soul Stone and the damage he got from Thanos is the question.

It kind of reminds me of when the government took the Vision and disasembeld him and when they got him back together in the comics he was much more cold.
    I wouldn't be surprised if Shuri off-handedly mentions that she 'made a copy' of the Vision's mind in the process of mapping it, if Marvel wants to reuse the character.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if Shuri off-handedly mentions that she 'made a copy' of the Vision's mind in the process of mapping it, if Marvel wants to reuse the character.
    Yup she probaly has his memories and repaired his body the problem is without the Mind Stone he loses his soul and comes off as just an A.I. That's WHERE Wanda's mission comes in. Supposedly Agatha Harkness is in it and maybe she shows Wanda how to better control choas magic and Wanda will try to restore a soul to Vision.

Incredible Member blunt_eastwood's Avatar

Which one?? Why would you say this and not tell us what it is??

Was it Cap saying "Avengers Assemble"?? I need to know.

It was when Rocket slapped Thor. Feige hates fat people
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Quote Originally Posted by blunt_eastwood View Post
    Which one?? Why would you say this and not tell us what it is??

Was it Cap saying "Avengers Assemble"?? I need to know.
    Article is not clear at all.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Astonishing Member

It was when Rocket slapped Thor. Feige hates fat people
    Given that they equate obesity with depression (and mental illness) and lack of masculine virtue that does seem to be the case.
    Last edited by Bruce Wayne; 05-16-2019 at 11:43 AM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Article is not clear at all.
    It was the on your left moment.

Honestly, I half expect them to state that Vision's android body had enough of the mind stone's imprint that created the neural pathways that would form Vision's memories and personality, and they just need a substitute power source to restore energy through those pathways. That is, the mind stone created the riverbeds, they just need a new source of water to restore the river.

YES, I've been watching a lot of Star Trek: The Next Generation episodes lately.