Page 50 of 325 FirstFirst ... 4046474849505152535460100150 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    Having the same audience/critic rating as Infinity War qualifies as a mess now.
    Made less than the first one and has a lower audience score.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Man of Sin View Post
    That was from an anonymous Reddit poster who made his account the same today and lied about who he was. Some of the info he gave didn’t line up with the details released by EW back in 2017 and the guy who reported the accurate Deadpool 2 spoilers even said it was partly BS.
    To be fair their was more than just one source saying Dark Phoenix was not good. It was coming from many multiple people who had seen a rough cut. I remember seeing a few online people who are not ones to usually run with just rumors saying it was not good according to people they trusted, and that is why it was having such massive reshoots.

The X-Men movies are in bad spot right now after the one-two shot of Apocalypse being so poorly received and losing their biggest star Hugh Jackman. People will cry and whine that Apocalypse did just fine, but when your sequel makes 200 million less than your previous movie that is not good at all. If the X-men movies had the long standing good will that say Marvel has then keeping this line going would be much more appealing, but when you look at it they are about 50/50 when it comes to making good movies. That is why Disney scrapping it all and starting fresh just makes more sense than trying to salvage a damaged product.
    Last edited by Zero Hunter; 07-26-2018 at 02:03 PM.

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Coal Tiger View Post
    Yeah wow, he wrote Incredible Hulk before Norton rewrote parts of it and he has a story credit on Avengers before Whedon rewrote the whole script.
    That was one of the reason why they could rid of Norton, iirc. He has that credit because a story and a script are not the same thing. But that’s besides the point.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    That’s why those reshoots had better make it fantastic or everyone involved is so fired.
    The reshoots better not make it Fant4stic, however.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    To be fair their was more than just one source saying Dark Phoenix was not good. I was coming from many multiple people who had seen a rough cut. I remember seeing a few online people who are not ones to usually run with just rumors saying it was not good according to people they trusted, and that is why it was having such massive reshoots.

The X-Men movies are in bad spot right now after the one-two shot of Apocalypse being so poorly received and losing their biggest star Hugh Jackman. People will cry and whine that Apocalypse did just fine, but when your sequel makes 200 million less than your previous movie that is not good at all. If the X-men movies had the long standing good will that say Marvel has then keeping this line going would be much more appealing, but when you look at it they are about 50/50 when it comes to making good movies. That is why Disney scrapping it all and starting fresh just makes more sense than trying to salvage a damaged product.
    I will admit that according to Jeremy Conrad/ManaByte(guy who reported the DP2 spoilers) there were good reactions but also some bad ones. It seems that the third act was very weak.

Apocalypse’s reception was mediocre(rather than poor) but that wasn’t enough to lose audience interest in the series, as evident by Logan’s success. It would have probably reached 700 million if it was a 3D movie. That followed two not well-recieved Wolverine films and it’s plot was a continuation of the Weapon X stuff in Apocalypse.
    Last edited by Divine Spark; 07-26-2018 at 02:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Star_Jammer View Post
    The reshoots better not make it Fant4stic, however.
    Did that movie get delayed?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by wano View Post
    Solo wasn't terrible, it's quite enjoyable but nothing special, I think it's mostly about the last Jedi related backlash that may have hurt the star wars brand in the long run, and the fact they poured too much money into solo.
    The Solo movie was met with a wall of apathy from the fandom the moment the project was announced way before The Last Jedi even came out.
    Releasing it in one of the busiest periods of the year didn't help, and neither did the troubled production of the movie, or the lacklustre promotion campaign.

I really loved it, by the way.

BANNED

You know they hired Zak Penn to work on two MCU films, right?
    Writers have a very limited influence on the final movie in Hollywood.

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    Writers have a very limited influence on the final movie in Hollywood.
    Who would have a problem with Kinberg as a producer anyway?

Also, Kinberg already works for Disney.
    Last edited by Divine Spark; 07-26-2018 at 02:38 PM.

BANNED

Did that movie get delayed?
    I wasn't commenting on delays.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

I would rather see Kinberg gone when it comes to x-movies. If he was just a producer then sure, but he wants to write and now direct them too.

I hope this upcoming catastrophe ends with the Phoenix setting the X-Fox world on fire and the next thing we see is the word 'rebirth' followed by the Marvel logo.

Scorch this earth.

Quote Originally Posted by silence. View Post
    I hope this upcoming catastrophe ends with the Phoenix setting the X-Fox world on fire and the next thing we see is the word 'rebirth' followed by the Marvel logo.

Scorch this earth.
    X-Force is probably Phoenix centric with Hope Summers. So wouldn’t make more sense to do it in that movie?

Quote Originally Posted by Star_Jammer View Post
    I wasn't commenting on delays.
    I know. That was a serious question.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by silence. View Post

Scorch this earth.
    lololol now that would be amazing
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

Who would have a problem with Kinberg as a producer anyway?
    People who watched X-Men: Apocalypse and Fan4Stick, that Kinberg produced.

He's bit of a mixed bad.