View Poll Results: Are you pleased with the AXIS #7 reveal?

Voters
238. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hooray! Glad that Wanda and Pietro aren't being linked to Magneto any longer.

25 10.50%
  • Boo! Angry that Marvel would do such a thing and ignore years of comic history.

150 63.03%
  • Meh. Indifferent about Marvel's latest reveal.

63 26.47%
Page 42 of 43 FirstFirst ... 32383940414243 LastLast

I think the most logical explanation will be to have them as children of Maximus, which were taken and placed on Earth to protect them.
    Would explain Wanda's behavior and line Quicksilver up to be a member of royalty.
    The Inhumans could have orchestrated things to where Wanda and Pietro would believe who their parents were and the Magneto connection could have been forced to cover up Wanda's Maximus influence.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    I think the most logical explanation will be to have them as children of Maximus, which were taken and placed on Earth to protect them.
    Would explain Wanda's behavior and line Quicksilver up to be a member of royalty.
    The Inhumans could have orchestrated things to where Wanda and Pietro would believe who their parents were and the Magneto connection could have been forced to cover up Wanda's Maximus influence.
    NO way lol. Magneto did bad enough things to the twins. I couldn't imagine how much worse Maximus would be.

I think it'll be the Maximoffs. In articles for the movie they consider them Maximoffs and they are still Romani. I think that's what they'll go with. It'd take the least adjustment.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    NO way lol. Magneto did bad enough things to the twins. I couldn't imagine how much worse Maximus would be.

I think it'll be the Maximoffs. In articles for the movie they consider them Maximoffs and they are still Romani. I think that's what they'll go with. It'd take the least adjustment.
    Maximus... Maximoff...

Could be the Maximoffs were created from the better parts of Maximus...
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    Maximus... Maximoff...

Could be the Maximoffs were created from the better parts of Maximus...
    LOL, doubt it.

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    There is always Doom.

Anyway, the past decade shows anything Marvel can have two universes going on at the same time and at times even more. Imagine one Marvel line of comics tailored to becoming in effect promotional material for fans watching the films. Though obviously it has to be more subtle then just that otherwise it won't sell any better then the x-comics based on the x-films as fans will say to themselves why buy this when I can just watch the film. A second universe that is the 616 and allows writers to take risks and come up with new ideas and new stories that can be adapted to the films.

While both universes could come up with stories that are adapted to the films I have the feeling the House of Ideas will produce better stories then the House of MCU IPs.
    Last time the writers got in their heads to do that, the UU's potential was near destroyed by Ultimatum. It's good in theory but it all depends on the execution since you let them have little restraint and they go wild.

Is there a place where people are actually discussing the rest of the comic?

I thought the Evan/deadpool fight was great. I wonder how that is going to resolve itself.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Circle Breaker View Post
    Is there a place where people are actually discussing the rest of the comic?

I thought the Evan/deadpool fight was great. I wonder how that is going to resolve itself.
    I'm pretty sure I saw Evan rip off Deadpool's head so I think that fight's been resolved . I don't follow Deadpool, so maybe he can come back from a beheading.

Quote Originally Posted by Quicksilverfan View Post
    I'm pretty sure I saw Evan rip off Deadpool's head so I think that fight's been resolved . I don't follow Deadpool, so maybe he can come back from a beheading.
    He was beheaded in Uncanny X-Force, also by Remender, so he'll be fine thanks to his healing factor.

Quote Originally Posted by Quicksilverfan View Post
    Yeah he's been beheaded couple of times, but he needs his head back within a certain time restraint, kinda like a guy with a healing factor being able to drown.

I'm actually not even sure if deadpool can die, even without his healing factor he has the whole Death curse thing. Unless the writers just kinda dropped that i typically assume that even if deadpool gets burnt to ashes then spread across the planet, his curse will still revive him.

Quote Originally Posted by salarta View Post
    When I say condensed, I mean that for example, the Y2K bug for us may be 20-30 years out from World War II in the Marvel universe because a year passes much faster for the Marvel universe. Perhaps their year is 182 days, as an example. The rules of time in Interstellar may apply between fiction and real world.
    That doesn't help anything, because there are a great heaping pile of stories demonstrating that being 8 years or 20 years or 30 or 70 mean about the same thing for regular people in the MU as they do for us. If the year was shorter, that wouldn't be the case. Plus it's a big change from 'the world outside your window' that simply doesn't serve any real purpose. They're perfectly happy with sliding the start date for the FF and other modern era heroes gradually forward so it's never more than about a decade and a half ago, and making individual excuses for the few characters who are intrinsically tied to earlier events. They're not going to switch to a different way of handling things that would be more visible to readers and potentially off putting to those of us who read for detail.

Quote Originally Posted by salarta View Post
    Frankly, I wouldn't be suggesting any of this if not for this retcon. Before this retcon, I would've said the ideas I'm proposing here were a bit of a stretch, unnecessary, the sort of thing you might see in fanfiction but not applicable to the Marvel universe. Now, I think these ideas are perfectly valid. This retcon drastically lowered the bar of what sounds like something Marvel can and should do with the Marvel universe. I would dare to say that it made fanfiction more valid as a representation of the Marvel universe than it ever was before. Some people aren't going to like that sentiment, but I'm not going to budge from it.

All that said, I'm glad we can basically agree that there was no reason for this retcon.
    Changing who their dad is, is not intrinsically tied to doing anything to the sliding timeline one way or the other. Before this retcon, everybody thought it somehow made perfect sense that a dude who was a young adult in WWII was the father of twins who appear at most in their early thirties (since Spider-Man is not yet thirty and they've never seemed too much older than Peter). In fact, this was thought twice, the first time about Bob Frank. It's been explained in various ways, in one handbook by saying their suspended animation lasted for decades. Nobody, in universe or out, seemed to have a problem with it. Now, we seem to know that's not true about Magneto being their dad, but it remains the case that's what everybody in the MU believed for a long while, so it changes nothing about the chronology, just the parentage.

As for the retcon itself, unless there's a panel somewhere showing where they actually ever did a paternity test showing Magneto was their dad, it's not that big of a retcon, honestly. Certainly no bigger than when they switched from the Franks to Magnus and Magda. Yes, this relationship has been used as fuel for more stories than the one with the Whizzer, but the essential nature of the change (characters were wrong about what they thought they knew) is the same.

Now, if they make them not be mutants at all, which they have not yet done, that is potentially more problematic, but even there we saw possible intimations of this waaay back in the early days of the Marvel Universe, when they went back to Transia and Wundagore Mountain to figure out why their powers were fading. It all depends how it's handled. But even there, it's no greater a change than the retcon that Namor and Namora were always mutants as opposed to 'just' hybrids.

I just got around to finally reading this issue, and I'm confused. So... please bear with me and be gentle with someone who's still a noob to the intricacies of the Marvel-verse.

If Wanda cast the spell and it only affected Pietro, I get that that means Magneto isn't related to them anymore. But how does that mean that Wanda and Pietro aren't mutants and are Inhumans? I'm not understanding where that logic is coming from and I guess I don't really know what an Inhuman is.

Like I said, total noob. My brain hurts
    Harley Quinn, New Suicide Squad, Grayson, Batgirl, Red Sonja, The Mighty Thor, Catwoman, Bitch Planet, Secret Six, Silk, Descender, Sabrina, Archie, JLA, DC Bombshells, Black Magick, Paper Girls, Tokyo Ghost, Vampirella, Scarlet Witch, A-Force, Extraordinary X-Men, X-Men '92, The Legend of Wonder Woman, All-New Wolverine, Power Rangers, Hellcat, Monstress, Descender

Quote Originally Posted by quinnzel View Post
    I just got around to finally reading this issue, and I'm confused. So... please bear with me and be gentle with someone who's still a noob to the intricacies of the Marvel-verse.

If Wanda cast the spell and it only affected Pietro, I get that that means Magneto isn't related to them anymore. But how does that mean that Wanda and Pietro aren't mutants and are Inhumans? I'm not understanding where that logic is coming from and I guess I don't really know what an Inhuman is.

Like I said, total noob. My brain hurts
    That part comes from this poster:

Amadeasd

I actually kind of agree with Wanda just messing up the spell. Maybe it's just wishful thinking on her part.

The reason I think this recon sucks in comparison to the retcon of the Whizzer is that that was actually explained away. I don't see how you would be able to explain away Magneto as their father at this point. I think that's what's bugging me the most, is that I feel if they go through with this that they won't even try to explain all the stuff in the past. However, at this point, I think we may be jumping to conclusions that Magneto is not their father. I think there are tons of explanations for what happened and Wanda isn't exactly in her right mind right now. I think it's kind of showing Magneto's nightmares coming true, where he seems to lose everyone he loves, as Wanda says he is completely alone now. Of course there is always Lorna but I think he has a stronger father/child mentality with the twins and that's why she is pushed to the side most of the time.

I really don't think anyone should trust the results of a spell Wanda casts. I think, and am hoping, Marvel just did this to get people riled up, like killing off a favorite character, and things will go back to normal soon enough.
    Last edited by Amadeasd; 12-16-2014 at 04:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Amadeasd View Post
    I actually kind of agree with Wanda just messing up the spell. Maybe it's just wishful thinking on her part.

The reason I think this recon sucks in comparison to the retcon of the Whizzer is that that was actually explained away. I don't see how you would be able to explain away Magneto as their father at this point.
    It would be easy, really, if you think about it. About all we know for sure is that the High Evolutionary gave the twins to the Maximoffs, and that the Franks were at Wundagore seeking help some time before that. We can be reasonably sure that Magda was there and pregnant, too, but even that's not entirely certain, because that starts to get into the territory of stuff that we only know about from the High Evolutionary and Bova, whom the HE seems to have killed recently. And they've both changed the details of their story a few times now, therefore the switch from the Franks to Magneto and Magda already.

So, all you need to do for this retcon to work is have the HE have been lying an additional time, and Bova either be in on it or be controlled or hoodwinked into telling the previous, false versions of the story. In which case, the twins could be Magda's kids by another dad, or HE science experiments, or just popped into existence by Chthon, or whatever you want. Compared to Agatha Harkness really being dead and a figment of Wanda's imagination for a period of time where the stories had her alive and well, this is minor.

Quote Originally Posted by Amadeasd View Post
    I think that's what's bugging me the most, is that I feel if they go through with this that they won't even try to explain all the stuff in the past. However, at this point, I think we may be jumping to conclusions that Magneto is not their father. I think there are tons of explanations for what happened and Wanda isn't exactly in her right mind right now. I think it's kind of showing Magneto's nightmares coming true, where he seems to lose everyone he loves, as Wanda says he is completely alone now. Of course there is always Lorna but I think he has a stronger father/child mentality with the twins and that's why she is pushed to the side most of the time.

I really don't think anyone should trust the results of a spell Wanda casts. I think, and am hoping, Marvel just did this to get people riled up, like killing off a favorite character, and things will go back to normal soon enough.
    But yes, it's also true we should be careful in interpreting the results of a hex, and that this move is probably intended to create controversy among readers (so essentially trolling the audience, though that's not always a bad thing honestly).

BANNED

Lol retconning Magneto's parenthood away can make more sense than retconning Wanda into an all-powerful, "self-hating genocidal maniac" who forgot she ever had children and who also has daddy issues with a man she never fully viewed as a father.

Please note: I said "can".