Page 110 of 192 FirstFirst ... 1060100106107108109110111112113114120160 ... LastLast
Results 1,636 to 1,650 of 2875
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    For Starters they can Banish Adversary to whatever Dimension they feel like creating. Or wiping him out from Existence Or completely take away his Divine Powers. Again, Divine Energy and Cosmic Energy means nothing to MM or Franklin for their power goes BEYOND that. I compare Adversary to Mephisto because they are both seen as equals(Even though Adversary is not one of the Hell Lords) I find them Equal.

Really??? Hmm didn't know that.

Edit: I just looked that up. WOW he sure did he was a child and zap the crap out of Mephisto....
    adversary isnt equal to mephisto as he is stronger in limbo/hell than he is on earth. adversary doesnt have any of those limits. and if they wipe him away life would cease to exist. Roma explained it best life itself needs chaos. I dont think the things you mentioned is actually true if we take into account what has been said in canon .
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    adversary isnt equal to mephisto as he is stronger in limbo/hell than he is on earth. adversary doesnt have any of those limits. and if they wipe him away life would cease to exist. Roma explained it best life itself needs chaos. I dont think the things you mentioned is actually true if we take into account what has been said in canon .
    The Death of Adversary would not give major consequences for the Universe. Why? Because we have Lord Chaos it’s already been Stated in the Marvel Universe that Master Order and Lord Chaos must exist for the Universe to thrive. Killing Adversary means nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    The Death of Adversary would not give major consequences for the Universe. Why? Because we have Lord Chaos it’s already been Stated in the Marvel Universe that Master Order and Lord Chaos must exist for the Universe to thrive. Killing Adversary means nothing.
    wasnt it you who argued me up and down adversary couldnt die back when goddess storm defeated him yet now you are claiming him dying means nothing?

and your thoughts here dont align with canon:

Last edited by butterflykyss; 10-12-2018 at 07:49 PM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Stumbled upon this today.

https://youtu.be/gcztIjrsv1I

Quote Originally Posted by BlkGldBlu View Post

Oh, I love it! SO good!

giphy.jpg
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

thanks everyone!! we finally got to 100 signatures!! goddess be praised!

now.. will you help us get to 200??? please sign if you have not already done so and continue to share with friends and family.

https://www.change.org/p/marvel-marv...dari-yao-4ever

Quote Originally Posted by BlkGldBlu View Post

there were a couple of things that I wish would have been different but this is a great find and overall super informative, well done. thank you for sharing.

thanks everyone!! we finally got to 100 signatures!! goddess be praised!

now.. will you help us get to 200??? please sign if you have not already done so and continue to share with friends and family.

https://www.change.org/p/marvel-marv...dari-yao-4ever
    The last time we begged Marvel for a Storm solo, we got Pak's mess. Honestly, if they don't want to do it on their own, so be it.

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    The last time we begged Marvel for a Storm solo, we got Pak's mess. Honestly, if they don't want to do it on their own, so be it.
    yea... but with this we arent simply asking for a storm solo. we are asking for something super specific and it goes beyond just a solo. I know you dont like coates writing of ororo, but in this petition its specific and clear what it is the petitioners want. we want her development as a goddess being explored (could you imagine a book written that really delves into the lore of African god lore within her book, I think coates could deliver this well) and we are asking that coates/bartel work on the material.

so I think this is a bit different. and it is clear marvel doesnt want it but as a company they have a duty to attempt to give the consumers what they want and they cant do this if we dont make our voices heard.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 10-13-2018 at 12:51 PM.

yea... but with this we arent simply asking for a storm solo. we are asking for something super specific and it goes beyond just a solo. I know you dont like coates writing of ororo, but in this petition its specific and clear what it is the petitioners want. we want her development as a goddess being explored (could you imagine a book written that really delves into the lore of African god lore within her book, I think coates could deliver this well) and we are asking that coates/bartel work on the material.

so I think this is a bit different. and it is clear marvel doesnt want it but as company they have a duty to attempt to give the consumers what they want and they cant do this if we dont make our voices heard.
    Honestly, Coates seems to like to deconstruct and tear down the old ways more than anything else. I don't think I would want him writing Storm, especially if we want an honorable reflection of African mythology. And while Bartel is a fine colorist, I am also not attached to her rendition of Storm.

Marvel might listen to you if you have 30,000+ signatures that also pledge to actually buy every month, but beyond that, best of luck to you in your endeavors.

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Honestly, Coates seems to like to deconstruct and tear down the old ways more than anything else. I don't think I would want him writing Storm, especially if we want an honorable reflection of African mythology. And while Bartel is a fine colorist, I am also not attached to her rendition of Storm.

Marvel might listen to you if you have 30,000+ signatures that also pledge to actually buy every month, but beyond that, best of luck to you in your endeavors.
    yes I never thought this would do much to sway marvel anyway one way or the other but I didn't want that to stop me from attempting to make visibility to what I believe has unfair to what Coates has done for this character.

when you say coates done things to deconstruct old ways what do you mean? coates in his execution of goddess storm has been in alignment to Claremont in more ways than any other writer has been in years, such as building upon the fear Adversary had for Ororo (as well as what it would take to defeat him), her connection and ties with Harlem (she would go back home during the Outback era when there was downtime), furthering establishing a connection with Misty that called back to her days under Coates, and making her a goddess which is something Claremont hinted that she would eventually become years ago. in regards to Bartel, I personally like her coloring at work because of the detail she brings when she draws (especially the pop of color and how she is able to give texture to black hair). however with all of this said i know people have different tastes but there was a lot of buzz when it was hinted these two would work together so I think there are more who want to see them work together than the opposite (I am one who wants them together.)

all in all these petitions dont typically make the change that people who create them hope to bring but that shouldnt be a deterrent in my view. to put an arbitrary number on what it will take for Marvel to listen is counterproductive and not something I'm concerned with. it could be far less or far more for them to care about this cause but again none of that should be a factor in peoples efforts in wanting to make their views heard. and thank you my love but it will take a collective effort from all fans of the character for this to work.

sn: do you think there were 30000k+ plus people who initially reached out to marvel for her first solo that debuted?
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 10-13-2018 at 01:28 PM.

yes I never thought this would do much to sway marvel anyway one way or the other but I didn't want that to stop me from attempting to make visibility to what I believe has unfair to what Coates has done for this character.

when you say coates done things to deconstruct old ways what do you mean? coates in his execution of goddess storm has been in alignment to Claremont in more ways than any other writer has been in years, such as building upon the fear Adversary had for Ororo (as well as what it would take to defeat him), her connection and ties with Harlem (she would go back home during the Outback era when there was downtime), furthering establishing a connection with Misty that called back to her days under Coates, and making her a goddess which is something Claremont hinted that she would eventually become years ago. in regards to Bartel, I personally like her coloring at work because of the detail she brings when she draws (especially the pop of color and how she is able to give texture to black hair). however with all of this said i know people have different tastes but there was a lot of buzz when it was hinted these two would work together so I think there are more who want to see them work together than the opposite (I am one who wants them together.)

all in all these petitions dont typically make the change that people who create them hope to bring but that shouldnt be a deterrent in my view. to put an arbitrary number on what it will take for Marvel to listen is counterproductive and not something I'm concerned with. it could be far less or far more for them to care about this cause but again none of that should be a factor in peoples efforts in wanting to make their views heard. and thank you my love but it will take a collective effort from all fans of the character for this to work.

sn: do you think there were 30000k+ plus people who initially reached out to marvel for her first solo that debuted?
    Coates pretty much systematically destroyed Wakanda's govenment in his first run and killed all their gods. I don't think he would treat African mythology, or Ororo's matrilineal royal family with the reverence it should be handled with.

As for how many people signed Valeria's petition, I actually tried to search for that earlier but I couldn't find the original one, so I don't know. I said 30k just now because that would be a decent selling title in today's market.

I’ve shared the ltion with friends on twitter and a few others so hopefully we continue to see more support. I think Marel recognizes Storm has value but definitely super sideline her & the X-Men for the non-Fox properties, giving free to crapola that has plagued us for years.

Pak definitely wasn’t perfect but I still wnjoyed most of his work and am appreciative that we finally got a solo book.

I share the same concerns on Coates and am not 100% sold on him on a Strom solo. That being said I am open to him for at least showing interest and he might plesantly surprise us (though that could be famous last words).

Pak's run wasn't a complete wash, but it was a wasted opportunity. 11 issues just for Storm, and that's what you came up with? Sure, he got some nice feats in there, and I actually do like Marisol in both powers and personality, but saddling her with Beast, and all the horrid retreads, and freaking Zero as the ultimate threat? Come on.

Incredible Member StormDisciple's Avatar

I did sign the petition I know it’s not much but it’s a start and I’ll do whatever I can to be a voice to try and help. The solo with Pak was a good starter but it faltered Callisto/Morlocks we’re tired and I didn’t like the final villain but there were some really awesome feats we got. I really wish they had continued with the book I just felt they didn’t push and promote the book was the problem, if they have given us some great stories the book would have done well enough.