Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    Heh, Ms. Marvel simply tracking her phone was quite funny.
    I love Captain America's reaction to that. He uses Jean Grey's telepathy and Doctor Strange's magic to no avail, then the Champions leader embarrasses him by using a mundane tech solution that exists even in real life!
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Who ever it is, I’d wager that in some way, it has ties to Peter’s past.

Who has peter ‘wrongend’ that has potentially dies and wants some sort of revenge.

That fact that it expressed annoyance that Peter re revealed his identity to Cat is quite telling i think.

Quote Originally Posted by xpyred View Post
    When is the mystery person's plot going to be resolved? As a long time fan of Spider-Man i have finally reached the point of not enjoying these mystery people plots.
    When the mystery around these mystery characters start to drag on to long , I kinda start to lose interest

Quote Originally Posted by Iowa View Post
    When the mystery around these mystery characters start to drag on to long , I kinda start to lose interest
    I mean, it's called suspense. And it's only been 10 issues.

I feel like the centipede-guy and The Lookups might be related.

Astonishing Member

Reading the issue again and it's so well done. One of the best Spider-Man issues this year.

Total side note: Michele Bandini draws a wonderful Venom (no spoilers)

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Holy cats! (Puns!) I thought this was going to be a fun, laugh-em-up heist goof story. And it was - but it was also really great character work for Peter, MJ, and Felicia. I was genuinely moved. I'm so glad to be reading Spidey again, though I kinda wish the backup artist had drawn the whole thing. The Ramos stuff was just not his best (and I don't even much like his best).

I do really love the Phil Jimenez X-Men cover. And that it was an alternate, so no extra price!
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

I loved the dialogue between Mj and the support group. It was perfect and i think it will make their relationship stronger.
    With Pete and Black Cat in the end. Spencer finally resolved their relationship and I also enjoy Black Cat reasoning for her turn as well. The new enemy has to be someone close to Peter he/she knows Black Cat at least. I cant think of anyone in Spiderman life who can make Kingpin beg and have such a great relationship with him too

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    Absolutely loved the issue! Got some good funny moments with the Thieves plot, the MJ monologue was completely wonderful, and Black Cat remembering again!!! Seeing her with those last few pages with her was just so satisfying. Spencer is doing an excellent job tying up all these loose ends and making them

Regarding Ragdemon, I still don't know if it would be Carlie, just because this guy's shown to have incredible supernatural abilities, far beyond anything any Goblin has done. I'm also a little confused over exactly what he was mad about, was he mad he told Felicia his secret or mad he chose MJ over Felicia? I read it as being the former. There's only one being I can think of with supernatural abilities that would have it out for Peter for changing things to how they were before....but again that just seems too easy of an answer.
    sometimes the easiest explanation is the correct one; if you're talking about Mephisto. they are leaning hard on the devil/demon motif. wouldn't explain the visual design though.

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    I loved the dialogue between Mj and the support group. It was perfect and i think it will make their relationship stronger.
    With Pete and Black Cat in the end. Spencer finally resolved their relationship and I also enjoy Black Cat reasoning for her turn as well. The new enemy has to be someone close to Peter he/she knows Black Cat at least. I cant think of anyone in Spiderman life who can make Kingpin beg and have such a great relationship with him too
    it's clearly the real Aunt May. Peter dug up the wrong one.

Quote Originally Posted by Russ840 View Post
    Who ever it is, I’d wager that in some way, it has ties to Peter’s past.

Who has peter ‘wrongend’ that has potentially dies and wants some sort of revenge.

That fact that it expressed annoyance that Peter re revealed his identity to Cat is quite telling i think.
    Ezekiel maybe? the real Gwen Stacy? Debra Whitman (Peter's identity would have been important to her)? does anyone have a list of Peter's past girlfriends?
    Last edited by Michael Watkins; 11-28-2018 at 10:55 AM.

BANNED

A very strong end to the arc. Going in to this story, I expected it to be a light caper but it delivered far more than that.

This issue, especially, was rich in excellent character moments for Peter, MJ, and Felicia. Really could not be happier with how ASM is going right now.

No impatience on my part about the mystery villain. I feel like the book is moving at the right pace and we'll get a reveal when the time is right.

Astonishing Member

Ezekiel would be my choice. There's also Jason Macendale.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    Ezekiel maybe? the real Gwen Stacy? Debra Whitman (Peter's identity would have been important to her)? does anyone have a list of Peter's past girlfriends?
    Top of my head:

Mary Jane Watson
    Gwen Stacy
    Black Cat
    Debra Whitman
    Betty Brant
    Carlie Cooper
    Lily Hollister
    Silver Sable
    Last edited by Batman Begins 2005; 11-28-2018 at 11:02 AM.