Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by DragonsChi View Post
    With Frank aka The Punishers (among others) inclusion the day is finally here... when being an Avenger means entirely nothing!

I knew this would happen one day when Wolverine was first added to the team but it doesn’t sting any less.
    Well to be fair, this is apparently an unsanctioned team. It’s about as official as the West Coast Avengers.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    Yeah, all-female teams are few and far between. It's fun to shake things up a bit. And I'm sure they could find some dangerous female characters.

Sort of would be fun to see Psylocke on this team.
    Right, or if you wanted to go out on a limb, somebody like Thundra would work (and it'd be fun to see Conan react to a barbarian-type character with red hair).

And all that said, I'd like to see the group recently introduced in Captain America (can't remember the name off of my head, but Jessica Drew is the leader) get their own title. It's a great line-up.
    Last edited by Kaijudo; 02-14-2019 at 11:57 AM.

Four characters who already have books, one of whom has two ongoings. Four white guys. One woman. One brother. One character who is not even Marvel's (I'm officially on team "They shouldn't have gotten this license back" now.) Literally a 90's/Daniel Way nightmare. Meanwhile, a ton of Avengers remain in limbo. Yikes. Sorry Duggy, you've already been knocked off a tier. The Four Heavenly Kings of Marvel are now Spencer, Aaron, Slott, and Ewing, with Cates and the now demoted Duggan as disciples.

On the plus side, Punisher and Wolverine will be better in this book than in Rosenberg's stuff. And Voodoo is saved.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

wait goddamn it WOLVERINE'S ON MULTIPLE TEAMS AGAIN AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH

Happy Valentines day, everyone! Marble's kicking it off by fucking us!
    Last edited by Snoop Dogg; 02-14-2019 at 11:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara View Post
    Me: "You can't make a worse line-up than Way's Thunderbolts"
    Marvel: "Hold my cup of young mutants blood"
    Just when you think the evil is gone, he possesses the superior Deadpool writer.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    wait goddamn it WOLVERINE'S ON MULTIPLE TEAMS AGAIN AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH
    Bruh this is Wolverine we're talking about. At some point, they're gonna put him on the main Avengers team, an X-Force team, and a side X-Men team in addition to this team and Uncanny

Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
    Bruh this is Wolverine we're talking about. At some point, they're gonna put him on the main Avengers team, an X-Force team, and a side X-Men team in addition to this team and Uncanny
    Give him 2 years and would start to wish for his death again lol.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Conan? He's meant to exist in the past, the Hyborian Age, not the present day Marvel Age.
    There were at least two What Ifs? back in the day where Conan ended up in the present. One where he stabbed Captain America but may have eventually joined the Avengers, another where he traded places with Wolverine on the moon during the Dark Phoenix saga and was incinerated with everyone else there when Jean lost it.

If anyone is interested Duggan answered a few questions on his Twitter.
    https://twitter.com/GerryDuggan/stat...99789370884096

Four characters who already have books, one of whom has two ongoings. Four white guys. One woman. One brother. One character who is not even Marvel's (I'm officially on team "They shouldn't have gotten this license back" now.) Literally a 90's/Daniel Way nightmare. Meanwhile, a ton of Avengers remain in limbo. Yikes. Sorry Duggy, you've already been knocked off a tier. The Four Heavenly Kings of Marvel are now Spencer, Aaron, Slott, and Ewing, with Cates and the now demoted Duggan as disciples.

yep, this is really bad

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonick View Post
    If anyone is interested Duggan answered a few questions on his Twitter.
    https://twitter.com/GerryDuggan/stat...99789370884096
    It's pretty cool that Jericho is rocking an afro in the interiors. Shame that Finch didn't get the memo

Good that they're playing around with Voodoo's look, because his normal costume looks way too similar to Strange's new one.

trente-et-un/treize responsarbre's Avatar

Not to beat a dead horse (who am I kidding I’m beating it with intent), but was anyone clamoring for the return of Way’s Thunderbolts? And calling this team “Avengers” might be the only thing sillier than calling Way’s book Thunderbolts.

Electra and maybe Jericho are the only reasons I would consider picking this up, but I don’t have that much patience for Deodato’s art these days and I don’t see the appeal of a team structured around excessive violence. And I don’t like that Elektra’s already back in the TV show costume even after the show got canceled.

Edit: And as was said, Marvel has a weird problem with structuring teams exclusively out of characters who are overexposed lately. It’s bewildering.
    Last edited by responsarbre; 02-14-2019 at 01:23 PM.

Good that they're playing around with Voodoo's look, because his normal costume looks way too similar to Strange's new one.
    I hadn't noticed that, but you're right I hope he ends up in a new costume at some point. Duggan did say something happens to him that makes him even cooler so maybe then. I also just thought of the possible reason why Jericho is on the team, it says they're dealing with The Hand and if I'm remembering right they still have his brother's soul from the Uncanny issue where the Hand resurrected the Hulk as a zombie.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    I would imagine it'll never be relinquished. Same goes for Star Wars.
    But didn't Disney buy-out Lucasfilm / the Star Wars franchise from Lucas? (https://www.usatoday.com/story/money...sfilm/1669739/)

I'm not sure if Disney owns Conan outright or not.