Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    I do wish we'll see an appearance of all former members, and yes that includes the still missing Crystal. And, did anyone write Marvel to get their e-mail printed in this issue's letter page?
    I'm still a bit behind and didn't read last month's issue. I guess I am still kind of sad about the fact that a comic that has been in publication since the beginning* is going away for a while. I hope it's back by the fall.

At least we saw Sharon earlier in the run but it kind of stinks that she is prison. I'm still confused about that since we know she was one of those captured and impersonated by the Skrulls.

Totally with you about Crystal. She's been mysteriously sidelined much of the time these days.

* Yeah, I still count the Heroes Reborn/Image era. At least we had a Fantastic Four even if it was a bit different.

Quote Originally Posted by JJ Fiegel View Post
    No. It was confirmed recently that the Fantastic Four will still have a book post Secret Wars. Guess no one in this thread saw that. Think it was confirmed at ECCC.
    Yes, it was. I think it was C.B. Cebulski (sp?) that was asked about it at a panel and he confirmed there will be a Fantastic Four title again. I don't think they said when though.

I wouldn't be suprised if the Fantastic Four book that will come after Secret Wars is not the First family. It may be different characters with the same mantle.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    They've done it a couple times... I don't know why people make such a big deal about it. Avengers is being cancelled too.
    It's the era of comics we find ourselves in. And there is a difference between switching the numbering or rebooting into heroes reborn. In this current era there are no rules, no certainty and the writers are free to slash and burn to their hearts content so long as it sells. Sure the characters will appear in other titles (maybe Johnny will be dating Iceman over in the X-men), but they won't be the group and let's face it if marvel makes more money with the characters without an FF title then there won't be an FF title again unless it is the protect the copywrite on the name.
    Last edited by Mark; 04-23-2015 at 09:56 AM.

They've done it a couple times... I don't know why people make such a big deal about it. Avengers is being cancelled too.
    The previous "cancellations" (416, 13, 588, 611, 16) were all followed by a number one the next month. The lack of an immediately following number one makes this a new experience. Not that anybody truly believes that there will never be another Fantastic Four book, it's still a big deal.

But, what the hey, after 44+ years, I could use a few months off.

BANNED

Man, the Fantastic Four. The cornerstone of the 616 mainstream marvel universe. The start of the Marvel Age of Comics.
    Since the 616 has been going down the drain these past 11 years I am relieved the FF do not have to suffer anymore since the 616 will cease to be!

The ending of the 616 FF might be a blessing in disguise. Johnny and Bobby could be set up to become a sizzling couple!
    Might be that in the new mainstream marvel universe Jonathan Storm and Robert Drake get together, becoming the Apollo and Midnighter of marvel comics.
    Headlining their Fire & Ice ; ultimate combo! ongoing comic book series depicting their lives together in private and public in steaming fashion. 1st issue sold out within the hour.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    It's the era of comics we find ourselves in. And there is a difference between switching the numbering or rebooting into heroes reborn. In this current era there are no rules, no certainty and the writers are free to slash and burn to their hearts content so long as it sells. Sure the characters will appear in other titles (maybe Johnny will be dating Iceman over in the X-men), but they won't be the group and let's face it if marvel makes more money with the characters without an FF title then there won't be an FF title again unless it is the protect the copywrite on the name.
    But it's more than just the characters appearing in other titles. The flat out said that Fantastic Four will come back... not that I at least needed Marvel to tell me that since common sense would dictate that it would. Just like common sense would dictate it would come back the last time Fantastic Four was cancelled. There are only a hand full of comics which have proven capable of being published indefinately. FF is one of them. It's not going anywhere indefinately and there's no reason to think it will. There never was.

It's weird to me that this is even a matter of discussion. Of course they're going to keep publishing X-Men and Fantastic Four.

Incredible Member Miraclo__Pill's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MoonDog View Post
    did you feel the same after FF was cancelled any of the previous times?
    to come back in another series, don't forget that. Even the Heroes Reborn series was promoted on the pages of books during Onslaught, so we knew that the book was going to keep being published. This is an entire different thing. So, there you go. First time for me.
    http://grafikarobotnik.tumblr.com/

I survived the 2014 reboot and I didn't even got a lousy t-shirt.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    I wouldn't be suprised if the Fantastic Four book that will come after Secret Wars is not the First family. It may be different characters with the same mantle.
    I have the same suspicions esp when Johnny appears to be a permanent part of that Inhumans book. They've shaken up the lineup before so maybe it will work. Or maybe fans will complain to have the old cast back again.

BANNED

But it's more than just the characters appearing in other titles. The flat out said that Fantastic Four will come back... not that I at least needed Marvel to tell me that since common sense would dictate that it would. Just like common sense would dictate it would come back the last time Fantastic Four was cancelled. There are only a hand full of comics which have proven capable of being published indefinately. FF is one of them. It's not going anywhere indefinately and there's no reason to think it will. There never was.

It's weird to me that this is even a matter of discussion. Of course they're going to keep publishing X-Men and Fantastic Four.
    The Fantastic Four title may be published again, but who will be in it? I don't think the FF has any place in the mu as it stands or as it is going to be recreated. A family of adventurers has no place in the grim and gritty ends justify the means distopian mu that they plan on building after this is all over. I've missed those interviews where they've said that the FF will be put out again and even if it is I'm really not sure I can find it in me to care anymore. You can believe what you want. I'd really like to believe as you do that after this current event the FF I knew and loved will be back, with the family of adventures, but I don't think it will. I think when they come back Johnny will be dating Iceman, Ben and Sue will be having an affair, Reed will secretly be plotting with Dr. Doom to take over the world and I'm not even sure the kids will still be around. Marvel has worked very hard to present the characters in bold new different directions to the point where I don't think that they even care about what the FF used to be. After all once this storyline is over Reed goes back to the Illuminati to help build world destroying bombs and Sue becomes a double agent for him in SHIELD, working against Captain America who was mind altered by the group Reed belongs to, the one he never told the rest of them about.

I guess it comes down to the fact that I really don't like the direction the FF has been in and I don't trust that marvel will do anything else but follow that direction, making Reed even more of a villain and Sue even more of a doormat for him. And I'm certainly not up to spending 5.99 dollars on a title I won't like anyway. I'll follow the advised screamed at me so many times on this board: Don't like it, Don't buy it.

Incredible Member Miraclo__Pill's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    The Fantastic Four title may be published again, but who will be in it? I don't think the FF has any place in the mu as it stands or as it is going to be recreated. A family of adventurers has no place in the grim and gritty ends justify the means distopian mu that they plan on building after this is all over. I've missed those interviews where they've said that the FF will be put out again and even if it is I'm really not sure I can find it in me to care anymore. You can believe what you want. I'd really like to believe as you do that after this current event the FF I knew and loved will be back, with the family of adventures, but I don't think it will. I think when they come back Johnny will be dating Iceman, Ben and Sue will be having an affair, Reed will secretly be plotting with Dr. Doom to take over the world and I'm not even sure the kids will still be around. Marvel has worked very hard to present the characters in bold new different directions to the point where I don't think that they even care about what the FF used to be. After all once this storyline is over Reed goes back to the Illuminati to help build world destroying bombs and Sue becomes a double agent for him in SHIELD, working against Captain America who was mind altered by the group Reed belongs to, the one he never told the rest of them about.

I guess it comes down to the fact that I really don't like the direction the FF has been in and I don't trust that marvel will do anything else but follow that direction, making Reed even more of a villain and Sue even more of a doormat for him. And I'm certainly not up to spending 5.99 dollars on a title I won't like anyway. I'll follow the advised screamed at me so many times on this board: Don't like it, Don't buy it.
    All of this above. It'll be hard not to buy the FF. Over 30 years collecting them. Again, truly the end of an era.
    http://grafikarobotnik.tumblr.com/

I survived the 2014 reboot and I didn't even got a lousy t-shirt.

Incredible Member Marvel Forever's Avatar

I think if any of us Fantastic Four fans ignore the Disney/Marvel dispute with Fox over the FF movie rights and how such impacts the comic itself, we do so at our own peril! I look for a 12-24 month absence if the original FF team is revived or maybe a 6 month break if new members replace Ben Johnny, Reed and Sue.

Incredible Member Marvel Forever's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    I do wish we'll see an appearance of all former members, and yes that includes the still missing Crystal. And, did anyone write Marvel to get their e-mail printed in this issue's letter page?
    I kind of look for Crystal to return in the final issue. As for the letters page, I almost emailed them my farewell letter, but decided at the last minute not to do so.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by MoonDog View Post
    did you feel the same after FF was cancelled any of the previous times?
    when was FF ever canceled ?

They'll be back. Not having a Fantastic Four comic when the next movie comes out would be outrageously stupid