Page 6 of 81 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656 ... LastLast
    Retired

Why would they cancel any shows before COIE? Seeing it announced at the end of Elseworlds gave me some relief as I feel fairly confident they're going to keep all the shows going next year, to have enough characters to make the Crisis event pay off.

Quote Originally Posted by AJBopp View Post
    Arrow has been renewed for season 8 unofficially. https://tvshowscancelled.com/arrow-r...n-8-by-the-cw/
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    Why would they cancel any shows before COIE? Seeing it announced at the end of Elseworlds gave me some relief as I feel fairly confident they're going to keep all the shows going next year, to have enough characters to make the Crisis event pay off.
    Though it is possible that Arrow will have a short season instead of the full 22 episodes. Sort of like what is happening with Gotham. With COIE being the final episode of Arrow and then Batwoman filling out the timeslot for the rest of the year.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

I honestly don't see them cancelling Arrow in flavor of Batwoman. There isn't anything to suggest that's something the network will do.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    Though it is possible that Arrow will have a short season instead of the full 22 episodes. Sort of like what is happening with Gotham. With COIE being the final episode of Arrow and then Batwoman filling out the timeslot for the rest of the year.
    Seems very unlikely if true that the 8th season hasn't been identified as the last, as the stories suggest. I'm inclined to believe these stores for some reason myself.

Maybe canceling Arrow and killing off the cast is a way of giving us real stakes for the Crisis event.

"Shows will live. Shows will die. And the Arrowverse will never be the same!"

Retired

The problem for CW is that if they announce how many episodes the shows are going to get next season that tips off if any shows are going to end early and lose characters in the Crisis. I guess it's impossible for them to avoid spoiling things.

ARROW did already kill off Oliver Queen--in one of the worst seasons. But it can be done. And I can see how that could be written to give ARROW a full season and still have Green Arrow die in COIE.

If they plan for ARROW to end next year, I think it would be better to use the show to set up the launch of another series like BATWOMAN or THE OUTSIDERS. And give Stephen Amell an executive producer credit for the new series, so he has a regular payday going forward.

Yes, I would also like to see all living actors from previous series and movies. And, perhaps Mark Hamill as an aging Joker - because he was the voice actor in the animated series - along with an aging Kevin Conroy.

But my concern is that, with the lower budget TV series, this version of COIE would be pretty lame. That said, I'll start watching. What's a good starting point?

Quote Originally Posted by Green Lantern wannabe View Post
    Yes, I would also like to see all living actors from previous series and movies. And, perhaps Mark Hamill as an aging Joker - because he was the voice actor in the animated series - along with an aging Kevin Conroy.

But my concern is that, with the lower budget TV series, this version of COIE would be pretty lame. That said, I'll start watching. What's a good starting point?
    Elseworlds was definitely less ambitious than the Dominators or Earth-X crossovers so there is a chance they were saving money to add to next years crossover so they can go all out. There's an old Hollywood story how Michael Landon use to bring his shows in under budget and save the money for when he was in between shows so he could pay his crew not to take other gigs and keep their schedules open for his next show because they dude always had another show in the works.

If done right COIE could serve several purposes for Warner/DC. Make a lot of money, over time. Entice fans of the CW shows to try the streaming service. Entice fans of past tv/movie versions to try the versions on the CW & the streaming service. If I were in charge COIE would be an event that dwarfs any broadcast mini-series of the past. It would be on the CW. but it would also involve the shows on the streaming service. As well as past versions like Smallville, Superboy, Lois & Clark, the George Reeves version, the Christopher Reeve version, & as many of the other versions as possible. And most definitely include the current movie versions. It would end with an intact multiverse. Merging all the earths into one kills too many story possibilities.
    John Martin, citizen & rightful ruler of the omniverse.

Quote Originally Posted by llozymandias View Post
    It would end with an intact multiverse. Merging all the earths into one kills too many story possibilities.
    That's an interesting point. In comics, Crisis was designed to leave us with a single universe, but I agree that at the end of the CW Crisis, we should be left with the full multiverse. Maybe CW's Crisis is the mechanism they'll use to introduce the past DC shows as being on parallel Earths as they did with Flash-1990. They can use clips from old shows and with some CGI magic, insert them as snippets into the CW-Crisis -- maybe as video "surveillance footage" on the Monitor's multiverse viewscreens or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Comic-Reader Lad View Post
    That's an interesting point. In comics, Crisis was designed to leave us with a single universe, but I agree that at the end of the CW Crisis, we should be left with the full multiverse. Maybe CW's Crisis is the mechanism they'll use to introduce the past DC shows as being on parallel Earths as they did with Flash-1990. They can use clips from old shows and with some CGI magic, insert them as snippets into the CW-Crisis -- maybe as video "surveillance footage" on the Monitor's multiverse viewscreens or something.
    I'm not sure CW has the right to do that. Just because shows are based on DC characters doesn't mean that such shows or their characters, plots, etc. can be used in another show without compensation to whoever owns the rights to the earlier shows. I could be wrong. It really depends on the contracts, but I doubt DC was thinking in these terms back in the 1950s through 1990s.

Sandy Hausler

Quote Originally Posted by Comic-Reader Lad View Post
    Hello,

I think that they should stay true to the story. If they're saying this is COIE, then they should stay with the final result. Then, if they really want a multiverse, they should prepare for Infinite Crisis.

A proper multiverse that's newer or more interesting than the multiverse we already have with the Arrowverse would have to include possible crossovers with the DCU shows. (there's no way they'd include any of the current movies)

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Hausler View Post
    I'm not sure CW has the right to do that. Just because shows are based on DC characters doesn't mean that such shows or their characters, plots, etc. can be used in another show without compensation to whoever owns the rights to the earlier shows. I could be wrong. It really depends on the contracts, but I doubt DC was thinking in these terms back in the 1950s through 1990s.

Sandy Hausler
    Most of the shows, with the exception of Batman 1966, were produced by Warner Bros Television and the CW shows are produced by Warner Bros. Television. So I would assume Warner Bros. Television has the
    rights to the other shows and thus Warner Bros. Television has the right to use those shows on its current shows. Warner Bros. was able to use Flash 1990 because Warner Bros. produced Flash 1990. Also Supergirl
    is produced by special arrangement with the Siegel family, so it they let Warner Bros. produce Supergirl, I would guess they would grant permission to let Warner Bros. use Adventures of Superman, Superboy, Lois & Clark,
    and Smallville for their CW shows. They were able to use the Smallville theme song, for example.

Quote Originally Posted by Green Lantern wannabe View Post
    Hello,

I think that they should stay true to the story. If they're saying this is COIE, then they should stay with the final result. Then, if they really want a multiverse, they should prepare for Infinite Crisis.

They never stayed true to any other story that they adapted from the comics. Why should COIE be any different?
    John Martin, citizen & rightful ruler of the omniverse.