Page 24 of 44 FirstFirst ... 1420212223242526272834 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by MarFarr View Post
    not sure about Parker, since DC doesn't give much consideration to his run, which was ended for that bunn forgettable one. But I would like to see him writing again Aquaman. While Johns might give us a taste of his 7 kingdoms which never saw the light.
    They had Parker write for the Catwoman anniversary issue, so I hope they at least look into him .

Euuo4hvVEAECDAJ.jpg

would like to see these two again, believe they have lots of potential.

3) Since when Jackson is Andy's brother, has he been adopted, no sort of explanation given?
    I think it was supposed to be symbolic. He helped raise and train her so it she more than likely sees him as family.
    I actually thought her caring for him so deeply and acknowledging him as such was a great moment.

Would Garth count as an uncle?

Extraordinary Member

Euuo4hvVEAECDAJ.jpg

would like to see these two again, believe they have lots of potential.
    Yes. But it will be weird when the Flash franchise brings in a teen Kid Quick to the present day DCU (you know it’s going to happen), while Andy is still a toddler.

In pre-flashpoint continuity, didn’t Mera have a second son raised in the aqua dimension where time went faster, and he came back an adult? I think I remember that from PAD’s run.

It’s possible this might happened to Andy eventually.

Something like that happened to Andy in today’s FS Aquaman issue lol. But it’s Flash, time travel is old hat so it’s not too weird. And we don’t know how old Jesse Quick will be when they show up on Earth 0.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Something like that happened to Andy in today’s FS Aquaman issue lol. But it’s Flash, time travel is old hat so it’s not too weird. And we don’t know how old Jesse Quick will be when they show up on Earth 0.
    “Jess” Quick, but yeah I get your point

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Jurgens had a run on Aquaman. I know he's not with DC anymore (I think?) but he might have done something.

Maybe Brandon Thomas since he did Future State and the Jackson stuff.
    I feel like Brandon Thomas wouldn't be in the Aquaman anniversary unless they are planning more Aquaman content from him, which I wouldn't mind tbh.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Quote Originally Posted by Psycwave View Post
    I think it was supposed to be symbolic. He helped raise and train her so it she more than likely sees him as family.
    I actually thought her caring for him so deeply and acknowledging him as such was a great moment.
    fine with that, but explain it, they had fish talk all the time, why not a mention that she sees him as family. Would be nice to read it. He was her trainer when she was ten, his teachings helped her survive, she also has parents did they never teach her anything? doubt that Arthur and Mera would neglect their daughter.

The story was confused with lots of unexplained issues, from her leg, to the fact that Jackson kept prisoner and in few panels he frees himself after six years, couldn't he do it before? or better they could have made him been looking for her instead of being a prisoner. Atlanteans swimming as normal people, since when?

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    I feel like Brandon Thomas wouldn't be in the Aquaman anniversary unless they are planning more Aquaman content from him, which I wouldn't mind tbh.
    hope not, he lacks knowledge on Aquaman very basics and lack of creativity. The water leg? Wow that's original creativity, her father once had a water hand he gives her a leg instead. If she didn't lose it, what about the healing capacity of Atlanteans? Or it took her six years to heal?
    Jackson imprisoned for 6 years it demeans him, he is the new Aquaman and spends 6 years from his Aquaman stint jailed?
    Atlanteans swimming as the rest of us, when its another basic they don't. The difference is sharp between Andy in JL and in Aquaman, says a lot at the difference between two writers.
    Sorry to say that Aquaman is given to writers that don't do research or read previous runs to get an idea about the subject. Unfamiliarity with the characters are shown in mistakes mentioned, not to mention other flaws. If Joshua Williamson wrote FS Aquaman I am sure we would have had a much better outcome.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    not really, six years passed in FS Aquaman. In FS JL she is shown as a 20year old that FS JL happens in 2040. FS Aquaman occurs in 2030, it ends in 2036 with a sixteen year old Andy.
    Last edited by Goldrake; 02-24-2021 at 04:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    I only thought he might do a Future State story in the anthology.

Didn't like Future State Aquaman #2. I like how Thomas wrote Andy and Jackson but the the story was so fast paced that things like losing a foot, growing up alone, being a prisoner for 6 years felt meaningless.

Astonishing Member

Probably because he likely compressed like months of stories intended for 5G into a few months for FS.

Would Aquaman and Mera be qualified as a meta human, a homo magi or a different species entirely?

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Would Aquaman and Mera be qualified as a meta human, a homo magi or a different species entirely?
    Different species entirely. The Atlanteans are basically their own separate thing at this point.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/