View Poll Results: Who is your favourite 616 Marvel LGBT character?

Voters
891. You may not vote on this poll
  • ANOLE [Victor Borkowski]

30 3.37%
  • BLING! [Roxanne ‘Roxy’ Washington]

12 1.35%
  • CULLEN BLOODSTONE

21 2.36%
  • DAKEN AKIHIRO

47 5.27%
  • HULKLING [Theodore ‘Teddy’ Altman]

49 5.50%
  • KARMA [Xi’an Coy Mahn]

49 5.50%
  • KAROLINA DEAN

47 5.27%
  • LOKI LAUFEYSON, God of Mischief

78 8.75%
  • MOONDRAGON [Heather Douglas]

46 5.16%
  • MYSTIQUE [Raven Darkholme]

134 15.04%
  • NORTHSTAR [Jean-Paul Beaubier]

69 7.74%
  • PRODIGY [David Alleyne]

26 2.92%
  • RICTOR [Julio Esteban Ricter]

47 5.27%
  • SHATTERSTAR [Gaveedra-7]

51 5.72%
  • WICCAN [William ‘Billy’ Kaplan], the Demiurge

185 20.76%
Page 985 of 1132 FirstFirst ... 48588593597598198298398498598698798898999510351085 ... LastLast
Results 14,761 to 14,775 of 16972

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    You know, this just reminded me of the upcoming Atlantis Attacks mini we're getting with the Agents Of Atlas. With Ken being asian and an aquatic hero, it could be a pretty good book for him to appear.
    Agreed. Squirrel Girl was a good starting point for the character but, if I were the one trying to push him into the spotlight, I’d separate him from her. Agents of Atlas could be interesting for two reasons: it would play into the idea that I had outlined of exploring a possible heritage and partnering him with Wave (for example) would tie into her own recent experiences which explored the Sirenas of Filipino mythology. Agents of Atlas is proving to be rather popular, it’s LGBTQ+ inclusive already and I’d honestly much rather read about a character such as Koi Boi than Amadeus (who drains development opportunities from most of the other characters, in my opinion).

Edit: Wave’s back-up in Aero #5 has given us another queer character, Reyna Sirena. She was revealed to have been a previous lover of Carina before she moved onto Sea Hunter.
    Last edited by Husk; 11-30-2019 at 07:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    Koi Boi deserves better than becoming the latest teen to get shoved into the X-Men's clutches just to get ignored by all future writers
    That’s completely fair, but every once and awhile, he would get a cameo and potential dialogue instead of presumably nothing.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Karma was also in New Mutants #2.
    Whoops! I knew about Karma and should have listed that. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    There was a giant splash page in X-Force #2 that included: Anole, Graymalkin, Callisto, Shatterstar, Daken, Northstar, and Doc Nemesis. Jubes and Pixie were there but they aren’t “officially” sapphic
    Cool; thanks. I'm aware of everyone else's confirmed or implied sexualities, but when did Doc Nemesis get outed or implied as LGBT? I remember there was an issue when Fantomex kissed him--but that seemed to be more outing Fantomex than Nemesis.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Husk View Post
    Edit: Wave’s back-up in Aero #5 has given us another queer character, Reyna Sirena. She was revealed to have been a previous lover of Carina before she moved onto Sea Hunter.
    Thanks for that. The AGENTS OF ATLAS and their various side-projects are certainly adding a lot of new LGBT characters to the MU; that's great.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    Koi Boi deserves better than becoming the latest teen to get shoved into the X-Men's clutches just to get ignored by all future writers
    That reminds me...I wonder what impact the whole Krakoa situation might have on Flatman and the rest of the Great Lakes Avengers? Flatman, Mr. Immortal, Doorman and Big Bertha were all revealed to be mutants a while back--are they being recruited into the ever-growing ranks of the Krakoa population?

I'm not even sure if the X-office cares about whatever was established in the SG book after she was retconned to not be a mutant in the most transparent way ever. As far as they're concerned, Marvel was trying to make her corner of the MU none of their business.
    I'd say that was less about distancing her from the X-office and more about making sure that she was clearly positioned as an MCU property and not a Fox property due to being a mutant. Also possibly more about the writer choosing to make a joke about the whole behind the scenes drama and fan speculations relating to the MCU vs Fox feud and the fallout on the comics counterparts.

I do agree that the X-books are unlikely to be in any big rush to swoop in and pick up any characters or storylines from SG's book though.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    That reminds me...I wonder what impact the whole Krakoa situation might have on Flatman and the rest of the Great Lakes Avengers? Flatman, Mr. Immortal, Doorman and Big Bertha were all revealed to be mutants a while back--are they being recruited into the ever-growing ranks of the Krakoa population?
    I like the GLA being the underdog team that's not on the same league as the Avengers or the X-Men. I think bringing them to Krakoa so they can assimilate to a bigger group would kind of take away what makes them fun in the first place. Actually, now that TUSG is done, I think it would be the perfect time to relaunch the GLA with her back on the team (and maybe even bring Koi Boi and Chipmunk Hunk as official members). I know the last GLA relaunch was a flop, but I also think that if they try to market the team to the same market audicence that TUSG had, maybe they would be more successful this time around.

Astonishing Member

I like the GLA being the underdog team that's not on the same league as the Avengers or the X-Men. I think bringing them to Krakoa so they can assimilate to a bigger group would kind of take away what makes them fun in the first place.
    I agree. Its just that with the current "all mutants should be on Krakoa" mindset, and even an upcoming miniseries around the idea of Franklin Richards potentially being separated from his family and going there, it makes me wonder if anyone has remembered the GLA at all.

Likely not. I don't think they were ever rounded up with the rest of the powered mutants after the Decimation either. The X-Men either keep forgetting that they exist, or just ignore them.

Or...maybe none of them are actually mutants after all, and they just thought they were (or claimed to be). Hmmm....

Actually, now that TUSG is done, I think it would be the perfect time to relaunch the GLA with her back on the team (and maybe even bring Koi Boi and Chipmunk Hunk as official members).
    I certainly would be in favour of it. I remain disappointed that the series ended without there ever being an arc with Doreen's current "team" and her old team meeting up. It would have been a lot of fun--and I'd have enjoyed seeing the interactions among them all. Nancy reacting to...ALL of them and their code names. Koi Boi meeting Good Boy--the transgender hero meeting the teenage girl with a male werewolf "fursona". Flatman
    admiring the handsomeness of the Chipmunk Hunk. Brain Drain getting philosophical with Mr. Immortal, the man who cannot stay dead, and Doorman, the avatar of Oblivion. These characters NEED to team up!!

I know the last GLA relaunch was a flop, but I also think that if they try to market the team to the same market audicence that TUSG had, maybe they would be more successful this time around.
    The GLA ongoing book was wonderful and deserved a longer run than it got. Sadly I think a lot of readers just weren't prepared to give them a shot for an ongoing. Plus the timing wasn't in their favour either, since OCCUPY AVENGERS and I think one or two other satellite Avengers books launched around the same time.

I think you're right that if they brought Squirrel Girl and her supporting cast back to the GLA and tried to tap into the existing UNBEATABLE SQUIRREL GIRL audience that they might have a shot.

I agree. Its just that with the current "all mutants should be on Krakoa" mindset, and even an upcoming miniseries around the idea of Franklin Richards potentially being separated from his family and going there, it makes me wonder if anyone has remembered the GLA at all.
    Nah mindset is a lil different..."all Mutants can come to Krakoa".+ The details of the upcoming XM/FF crossover hasn't been revealed. We have no idea what it's gonna be about. But it's not Franklin hasn't lived with the X-Men before
    Likely not. I don't think they were ever rounded up with the rest of the powered mutants after the Decimation either. The X-Men either keep forgetting that they exist, or just ignore them.
    Ehhh Decimation was a shoddy pisspoor storyline
    Or...maybe none of them are actually mutants after all, and they just thought they were (or claimed to be). Hmmm...
    Yeeeeah I thought Flatman or Mr. Immortal or......... Discovered that they were really inhumans as a sort of *wink* to the audience during the whole IvX conflict
    GrindrStone(D)

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    Nah mindset is a lil different..."all Mutants can come to Krakoa".+ The details of the upcoming XM/FF crossover hasn't been revealed. We have no idea what it's gonna be about. But it's not Franklin hasn't lived with the X-Men before
    Fair enough on the mindset. I am trade-waiting on HOUSE OF X/POWERS OF X and am just going by what I am picking up on the fly from EXCALIBUR and MARAUDERS, as well as what I pick up here at the boards.

But we have been told that the XM/FF mini will involve the X-Men approaching Franklin about living on Krakoa. Details beyond that are sketchy, yes, but we have been told that is they subject that brings the two groups together in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    Yeeeeah I thought Flatman or Mr. Immortal or......... Discovered that they were really inhumans as a sort of *wink* to the audience during the whole IvX conflict
    Not that I recall. The closest I remember to anything like that was Squirrel Girl revealing that she isn't a mutant - that they didn't know what exactly she was but it was something "distinctly and legally different from a mutant".

https://www.pride.com/tv/2019/12/06/...mighty-rebekah

Still not a single trans character in any of the flagship books.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    https://www.pride.com/tv/2019/12/06/...mighty-rebekah

Still not a single trans character in any of the flagship books.
    Oh, wow. I did not expect this show to feature a trans kid. That's pretty bold coming from Marvel and Disney. I'm glad we're at a point where this kind of story can be shared in a family friendly show. It's pretty cool that she got a mini comic dedicated to her, but yeah, Marvel is still lacking in trans representation on their actual books. While side characters like Sera, Koi Boi and Tong have been an enjoyable addition, I really want Marvel to put the same energy they had for some of their diverse/legacy characters in the last few years into a new trans character. Someone like Star, who's an up and coming hero getting her own series, coming out as trans could be a pretty big deal.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 12-07-2019 at 02:46 AM.

Oh, wow. I did not expect this show to feature a trans kid. That's pretty bold coming from Marvel and Disney. I'm glad we're at a point where this kind of story can be shared in a family friendly show. It's pretty cool that she got a mini comic dedicated to her, but yeah, Marvel is still lacking in trans representation on their actual books. While side characters like Sera, Koi Boi and Tong have been an enjoyable addition, I really want Marvel to put the same energy they had for some of their diverse/legacy characters in the last few years into a new trans character. Someone like Star, who's an up and coming hero getting her own series, coming out as trans could be a pretty big deal.
    Isn't she a villain?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Isn't she a villain?
    I mean, that's how she was introduced, yes, but I'm under the impression that her mini is supposed to push her as a new hero. Kelly Thompson herself has been saying how much potential she sees in this character and how she thinks there's a future for her in Marvel Comics... I could be wrong, but I don't think they would be pushing her this hard if she was just a new villain for Carol.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 12-07-2019 at 11:50 AM.

I mean, that's how she was introduced, yes, but I'm under the impression that her mini is supposed to push her as a new hero. Kelly Thompson herself has been saying how much potential she sees in this character and how she thinks there's a future for her in Marvel Comics... I could be wrong, but I don't think they would be pushing her this hard if she was just a new villain for Carol.
    Carol doesn’t have a strong rogues gallery but if she’s to do more in each of her movies that fight the Kree again and again, they needed to develop some characters for her. I don’t think Star’s future in the MU is gonna be anything other than villainous. Even the end of Captain Marvel hinted that she’s gonna be back with a vengeance given her new power boost and one of the covers hints at a battle between her and Scarlet Witch, a hero. It wouldn’t preclude her being trans (they can be villains too) but it wouldn’t be great representation if the only starring trans person was a supervillain.

Astonishing Member MasterOfMagnetism's Avatar

Footage from The Eternals was recently shown at a convention and it confirms that Ikaris is in a relationship with Sersi, which thus confirms that Phastos is the gay character.