Page 182 of 750 FirstFirst ... 82132172178179180181182183184185186192232282682 ... LastLast
Results 2,716 to 2,730 of 11243
    Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

Also I just read that Reginald Hudlin "Who is the Black Panther" article at Marvel.com that was posted here a few days ago. Apparently it's old but I had never read it. Really put things into perspective and makes me hate everything Coates has done with this character.

Apparently during Hudlin's time the bit in the book where T'Chaka before he is killed tells off those European leaders was also replicated in the BET animated series and it went viral. Compare that to T'Challa outright consulting with despots.

Do you think with this new landscape, they'll finally give T'Challa redemption and kill Namor closer to the release of the movie, to give birth to a newly Resurected MCU Namor?

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

I'd rather act like the thing between never happened.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post
    I'd rather act like the thing between never happened.
    This. The character has nothing to offer Black Panther other than pyrrhic victories and contrived stories about kingship. If T’Challa needs to go up against other world leaders BP writers should put the work in to elevate countries like Volcan Dumoyo or Azania.

And if they want to use nations from outside the mythos take Lemuria, which is basically an older more monstrous version of Atlantis. In fact back in the day the Deviants were dominating the Atlanteans lol.

The fact Lemuria’s barely been used since the 2000s means it’s been ripe for conflict and status quo changes for years. Whatever happened to that Lemurian princess from Sturm Und Drang? Unlike with Atlantis a Black Panther scribe could probably get the go ahead to overthrow their ruler and install her on the throne.
    Last edited by chief12d; 04-04-2020 at 01:19 PM.

So what you really want is...

Ah, politics...
    Get Hectic!

This "Pencils Down" moment may be the break Marvel needs to course correct Black Panther towards better and brighter things!

No need to rush just pause and figure out a more unique way to portray Black Panther moving forward after the quarantine period passes!
    Get Hectic!

Quote Originally Posted by BlkGldBlu View Post
    Do you think with this new landscape, they'll finally give T'Challa redemption and kill Namor closer to the release of the movie, to give birth to a newly Resurected MCU Namor?
    There's conflict between Namor and the Avengers in Aarons run, so it's not outside the realm of possibility.

That said I doubt it. At this point there likely wouldn't be a point to it.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    This. The character has nothing to offer Black Panther other than pyrrhic victories and contrived stories about kingship. If T’Challa needs to go up against other world leaders BP writers should put the work in to elevate countries like Volcan Dumoyo or Azania.

And if they want to use nations from outside the mythos take Lemuria, which is basically an older more monstrous version of Atlantis. In fact back in the day the Deviants were dominating the Atlanteans lol.

The fact Lemuria’s barely been used since the 2000s means it’s been ripe for conflict and status quo changes for years. Whatever happened to that Lemurian princess from Sturm Und Drang? Unlike with Atlantis a Black Panther scribe could probably get the go ahead to overthrow their ruler and install her on the throne.
    Both the Avenger and X-Men books are potentially setting up some nice global conflict. Potentially. And Wakanda in theory can play a pretty large role in all of it.

So coats whole "turn Tchalla into Spiderman thing just lead to him turning Killmonger into Venom?

I love it when General Okoye gives relationship advice...

1-800-DORA-LUV

Wakanda.

Like the rest of the world Wakanda was also on nationwide quarantine... At least until Christopher Priest written King T'challa or MCU Shuri created a cure.

Meanwhile, to supplement her income General Okoye commissioned a hotline to offer relationship advice to those in need.

General Okoye: "Caller you're on..."

Caller: "Yes, I'm calling from Hell's Kitchen and I wanna know how to do you get a man that also masquerades around as a night stalking vigilante?"

General Okoye: "Did you get this man's attention at all?"

Caller: "Well he's kind of blind but he can see without seeing so..."

General Okoye: "Like an enhanced senses radar but only the other five are working..."

Caller: "Yep, he also takes a lot of dares too... Sometimes I accompany him but he barely notices that my sai match my outfit."

General Okoye: "Just stand near a sprinkler and when it turns on he should be able to get a shimmering glimpse of your figure and take it from there... Next caller you're on."

Caller: "Hi, I'm Princess Za... AHEM, I mean I'm Penelope Zimmerman calling from Narob... Er uhm Nigeria yeah that's it Nigeria. I wanted to know how to do you snatch or hookup with a king of a neighboring nation and let him know how you really feel?"

General Okoye: "This king have you had any contact with him on a personal level?"

Caller: "Well it's hard to get him alone because he has this all female entourage that keeps blocking... And they are Haters too every last one of them with their no hair having selves!"

General Okoye: "So he has a lot of female friends that he moves around with then... Are any of them friends with benefits perhaps?"

Caller: "You could call them heifers friends but they are all so ugly and nasty to me... PLUS, they don't use lotion or perfume... SKANKS!"

General Okoye: "Are you in love with this king?"

Caller: "I wouldn't exactly call it love... More like URST UnResolved Sexual Tension."

General Okoye: "So you just want a booty call?"

Caller: "NO... I mean that would be nice but I want more and yet... See... There is this white haired blue eyed chick that keeps sucking up all the air in the room LITERALLY and I can't get quality time with this king because of her diva antics."

General Okoye: "Sounds like this king has many obstacles and barriers preventing you from your goal."

Caller: "We have history together he's just mad about something I did way back when but I have grown up a lot and I don't hurt people like I used to... At least not as much blood spilled as before... What should I do?"

General Okoye: "Blood spilled... Penelope Zimmerman have we met before your voice sounds real familiar?"

Caller: "I gotta go BYE!"

click.

General Okoye: "Caller are you still there? She hung up... Okay, If you are still listening out there I think you need to assert yourself with this king and establish dominance over these blocking individuals keeping you from your one true love. Call me back and let me know how you and your king are getting on. I'm General Okoye and I'm here all week so hit me up at 1-800-DORA-LUV and help me help you get all the love you deserve. Next caller..."

Caller: "I'm Nikki Adams and..."

General Okoye: "Oh hell to the naw... The number you have reached is no longer in service GIRL BYE!"

1-800-DORA-LUV
    Get Hectic!

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post
    I think this is a different artist. But ever since T'Chadwick I kinda prefer T'Challa with a beard now lol.
    It's gotta be done right, otherwise T'Challa Looks like a bum (like he does in Coates run Currently) it's gotta be a clean beard, sharp with a clean shape up to go with it..

Quote Originally Posted by FLEX HECTIC View Post
    This "Pencils Down" moment may be the break Marvel needs to course correct Black Panther towards better and brighter things!

No need to rush just pause and figure out a more unique way to portray Black Panther moving forward after the quarantine period passes!

This here. I really hope marvel sits down and thinks long and hard about how T'Challa needs to be presented going forward. Dude is leading the Avengers and has a second team of heroes as agent's for the Avengers doing boss level isht.. yet in His solo he is k. Some sucka level bullisht being handheld for everything and using his Coates created power "delegating" all the cool feats, development and importance to people who don't matter or those who don't belong in the mythos.

None of whom have their own titles or are going to move the needle, while the dude who pulls in the big boss money sits on the sides twiddling his thumbs until the next character tell's him what to do. Time to change this and go back to what works (Priest/Hudlin era)

Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post
    T'Challa does not stand out at all in this image
    Literally everyone else feels more attention grabbing then him.. which matches with the entire series
    Last edited by Ezyo1000; 04-04-2020 at 10:50 PM.

Mighty Member

With Coates’ run coming to an end, will Marvel put the series on hold due to Covid or give us a new creative team and keep it rolling?

The Black Panther really needs his own editorial office like all the other A-list franchise intellectual properties...

So says 1.3 Billion Dollars!

Batman... Spiderman... Hellboy... Yes, even Hellboy has his own CBR forum section all to himself and has never seen 1 billion solo at the box office!

Somewhere out there is a true fanbase ready to be served but it needs a more clear direction rather than tossing things at the wall to see what sticks!

The next time Black Panther generates revenue in any genre be it movies, cartoons, comics or video games it should be on purpose and not happenstance!

Get Hectic!