Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default Team Cap Assembles in New "Captain America: Civil War" Clip

Captain America, Falcon and Scarlet Witch work together to take out a slew of bad guys in the first clip from Marvel Studios' latest.

Full article here.

Mutant Bat on Speed Force Fuzzy Barbarian's Avatar

Action still very well choreographed, but Falcon looked a bit... off, in his first little takedown move.

Also, I'm not sure if Olsen was told to do this, but her accent sounds less thick, and I'm glad. Feels more authentic than the "completely stereotypical accent your drunk friends do" ones Wanda and Pietro had in Age of Ultron.
    Favourite characters: Wally West, Dick Grayson, Cassandra Cain, Cyclops, Jay Garrick, Jamie Madrox, Stargirl, Bucky Barnes, Magik, Jon Kent, Kate Bishop, Booster Gold

Regular pulls:
    Adventureman, Cable, Fire Power, Green Lantern, Hellions, New Mutants, Thor, Vampire: The Masquerade, Venom, X-Factor, X-Men

Trade-waiting: Animosity, Black Panther, Captain America, Catwoman, Conan, Daredevil, DCeased, Detective Comics, Hawkman, Immortal Hulk, Redneck, Saga, Skyward, Snotgirl, X-Force

BANNED

All of Falcon's moves lack impact. None of them are very convincing.

My thoughts on the clip.

I thought Falcon's take down was pretty sweet. Really liked how he used his wings as shields during the firing.

I also really love the confidence you start seeing in Wanda since Age of Ultron. She definitley is more sure of herself in that little clip.

I especially love the evolution of Cap's powers and fighting from The First Avenger, The Avengers, The Winter Soldier, Age of Ultron, to Civil War. It's obviously really impressive, but nothing too over the top, in terms of what 616 Cap has been able to do.
    I hope I shall possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of all titles, the character of an honest man.
    - George Washington

So well choreographed they all move with such impact and agility, the Russo brothers are geniuses.
    Every bit of press about this movie makes me 10x more excited to see it.

I love the spiral shield thing falcon did with his wings and Wanda using her powers in mare and more creative ways.
    This all just makes me so excited to see how they utilize things like spidey's webs, hawkeye's arrows and visions phasing ect.
    I do Comic Art here! - http://iconiciceblog.tumblr.com/

Ultimate Member

Loved the moves but yeah Falcon's first takedown of those guys doesn't really have impact.

Compare it to what Captain America is doing to them and it looks a little light.

Ultimate Member

One thing the Russos get very well is Captain America's fighting.

He moves and fights like a real super soldier.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Loved the moves but yeah Falcon's first takedown of those guys doesn't really have impact.

Compare it to what Captain America is doing to them and it looks a little light.
    I think that was largely due to a misleading shot angle , Falcon kicked them while accelerating forward but from a front view it looks liked he leaped up and tapped them with his foot lol, I think a wide shot might've been better there to show more momentum.

Edit: also the directors are very carefully determining the impact of each hit based on the character, cap's a super soilder, his hits will send people flying, falcon just has normal human strenght it wouldn't rag doll the bad guys as much just knock them down like a hit from daredevil.
    Last edited by The Ice-Guy; 04-10-2016 at 11:01 PM.
    I do Comic Art here! - http://iconiciceblog.tumblr.com/

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Ice-Guy View Post
    I think that was largely due to a misleading shot angle , Falcon kicked them while accelerating forward but from a front view it looks liked he leaped up and tapped them with his foot lol, I think a wide shot might've been better there to show more momentum.
    You're right, I just rematched and it seems he's actually using his speed to hit those guys

Quote Originally Posted by Will of the Geeks View Post
    Action still very well choreographed, but Falcon looked a bit... off, in his first little takedown move.

Also, I'm not sure if Olsen was told to do this, but her accent sounds less thick, and I'm glad. Feels more authentic than the "completely stereotypical accent your drunk friends do" ones Wanda and Pietro had in Age of Ultron.
    Less as in it's barely there, if at all. :/ I liked her accent, it was cheesy but gosh darnit it made them more then just American people. They were instantly more interesting, if that makes sense? Well regardless this clip was sexy, through and through. Just the score alone reminds me and puts me back in the world of winter soldier. Then you add in the kinetic flow and hard hits for Cap then you have a Russo film.

LOL Falcon is so cheesy sometimes though. 'I count five', Hahaha cornball.

Writing on the wall The Celtic Batman's Avatar

Scarlet Witchy Cap Fastball Special love it! & man alive, I hope the Wakandans do a vibranium patch-up job on Cap's shield by the end of the movie! Most looking forward to Spidey, pleased to hear he's in a significant (30mins-ish) chunk of the movie
    We're all the Doom Patrol!!!
    Opinions come in all shapes and sizes.
    But they're still just opinions yo

Meh. The music took me out of it. Sounded like something from a '70's made for television movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    One thing the Russos get very well is Captain America's fighting.

He moves and fights like a real super soldier.
    So true.
    Every movement is both eye-poppingly powerful and gracefully fluid.

All-New Member

Marvel & Disney are so confident of this will being the #1 movie of the year, they ain't holding back unlike BVS & Star Wars Awaken.

Mutant Bat on Speed Force Fuzzy Barbarian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sain View Post
    Less as in it's barely there, if at all. :/ I liked her accent, it was cheesy but gosh darnit it made them more then just American people. They were instantly more interesting, if that makes sense? Well regardless this clip was sexy, through and through. Just the score alone reminds me and puts me back in the world of winter soldier. Then you add in the kinetic flow and hard hits for Cap then you have a Russo film.

LOL Falcon is so cheesy sometimes though. 'I count five', Hahaha cornball.
    I'm all for her having an accent. Heck, I hope to all that is holy that T'Challa still has a semblance of one. But it sounded less like "more than just American people" and more "American people, with two doing really bad impressions." If you can't do a good one, then tone it down or don't do it at all, I say. I'm gonna put the blame on Whedon, if anything, because I don't think anyone in their right mind would choose to do that accent.
    Favourite characters: Wally West, Dick Grayson, Cassandra Cain, Cyclops, Jay Garrick, Jamie Madrox, Stargirl, Bucky Barnes, Magik, Jon Kent, Kate Bishop, Booster Gold

Regular pulls:
    Adventureman, Cable, Fire Power, Green Lantern, Hellions, New Mutants, Thor, Vampire: The Masquerade, Venom, X-Factor, X-Men

Trade-waiting: Animosity, Black Panther, Captain America, Catwoman, Conan, Daredevil, DCeased, Detective Comics, Hawkman, Immortal Hulk, Redneck, Saga, Skyward, Snotgirl, X-Force