Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    I actually agree with you Sam. My feelings on Jon altogether aside, I could never say he wasn't working fine enough as it is. Do I still think he's a wholly unnecessary character altogether? Yeah, I do. Do I think he royally screwed up Superman's history from the get-go? Yeah, I do. Could I ever say with any legitimacy that in a present day situation he actively wasn't working? No I couldn't. He wasn't for me but that obviously wasn't the case for everyone. There was at least something to him more than Clark-lite. But now that's what he is. He's Silver Age Clark Kent Superboy. To his detriment, and in a way more substantiate way, to Superman himself. And that's really the only place we differ. You hate this more for Jon. I hate it more for Superman. But the different roads we're on lead to the same place in this instance.
    Definitely getting where you're coming from.

This seems like the foundation of a team-up, Sacred Knight. Let's do this! (Holds up some sort of power ring).
    Currently Reading:

DC: The Flash, Challenge of the Super Sons, Nightwing

Image: Lazarus: Risen, The Old Guard, Black Magick

Boom: Mighty Morphin', Power Rangers

Wonder Twins powers activate!

Form of....more happy fans, lol.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Wonder Twins powers activate!

Form of....more happy fans, lol.
    I don't think it worked. I'm still not happy. :P
    Currently Reading:

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

What's next for this jon kent? Defeating darkseid. Nah! That is too small for this jon kent.Next, he replaces sodam yat as the last green lantern and the ultimate one. Didn't solicit say something about aquaman trident. king of 31st century atlantis doesn't sound too shabby either.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    What's next for this jon kent? Defeating darkseid. Nah! That is too small for this jon kent.Next, he replaces sodam yat as the last green lantern and the ultimate one. Didn't solicit say something about aquaman trident. king of 31st century atlantis doesn't sound too shabby either.
    Remember when Jon Kent's greatest character strength was how relatable he was. *Sigh* Good times.
    Currently Reading:

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    He'll bring the trident back to present day and become king of Atlantis over Mera and Arthur. LOL

Bendis made Jon a Scrappy. I really don’t like the Bendis version of the character now and want him to go away. I was already not a fan of Jon’s rapid aging but now he’s undercutting his father at every turn and it’s becoming incredibly annoying. And we’ve still got that Super Sons issue to suffer through, and Bendis can’t write Damian for ****. Wonderful.

So, I've decided this is actually another world version of Jon, while ours in still space. And this one is also Leviathan. And Leviathan is a dream (so is HiC). Someone will wake up from this and everything will be put right. Probably Bruce.

Nope, really, I've just decided I'm glad I quit regularly reading when I did, because I disliked what Bendis was doing.

Quote Originally Posted by MeGrimlock420 View Post
    He'll bring the trident back to present day and become king of Atlantis over Mera and Arthur. LOL
    He will be super-aqua-king-trident-boy . I can see Damian's reaction. He will go "who put this imbecile incharge? Has everyone gone mad? ". Well, bendis seems to have.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

So, I'm with a few on here where I'm actually totally cool with this if not just outright into it in isolation.

That said, I'm totally ready to eat crow on what I was debating lol As Sacred said, it is what it is.

I kind of super appreciate that the most important advancement in the galaxy was seeded from a fairly simple and innocent suggestion from a kid, and then actually implemented by Superman's clout.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Seriously, though there is a grounding factor to jon and superfamily. Bendis may get superman's voice but he doesn't get that. He has thrown away the ground right under from jon and the family as whole. Making superfamily royalty over their already existing superhero status is too much to be relatable. On top of that, Jon's past is not fleshed out. I can't believe we lost supersons for this.

Nah man I don't want to make you eat crow. You were coming at it from a positive angle and still are, and there's nothing wrong with that. You were operating on the knowledge you had at the time while theorizing where it was headed, as we all were.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

I don't really see this as making or breaking the LoSH relaunch or Jon's new direction.

Though it kinda undercuts where I thought Bendis was going with Superman in general. I have assumed all along that he was trying to reestablish Superman's relevance in the DCU (in universe) and I suppose to an extent this lines up with that. It's still Superman founding the United Planets and he'll be interacting with them. But it does kinda undercut that to have Jon be the one to propose it.

Jon is the one called “creator of the United Planets” though. Clark is a total nobody from the LoSH’s perspective, the John the Baptist to Jon’s Jesus (when I said I hated Superman is Jesus takes I didn’t mean this lol!). I was fine with losing the LoSH in exchange for Kal being the one to found the United Planets. But Jon is the one getting the credit for that too, so now Clark gets nothing. Oh Rao I just thought of something awful: What if Clark takes the Presidency just to warm the seat until Jon is ready? Lmao that would be one final kick.

I think it makes Jon the Bill Finger to Superman's Bob Kane. One's going to get all the present credit where the other won't be appreciated until the future.